Cuban dish: "Picadillo"
- South Beach Diet Recipe (Phase 1)
1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound of boiled ham, (find it in the cold cut section), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup of pimento-stuffed green olives cut in half and a tablespoon if its juice
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of cooking wine (if desired)
- 1/2 tablespoon of your favorite seasoning, such as ACCENT Seasoning or
- In a casserole, heat the oil over low heat until fragrant, then add the onion, pepper, and garlic, and cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- Add the beef and ham and cook, stirring until brown (the ham will stay pink), 10 to 15 minutes, breaking up large chunks with a wooden spoon. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the cooking wine (or red wide if you are on Phase II), tomatoes, salt and seasoning, along with the olives and a tablespoon of the olive juice. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes.
Beach Diet Recipe
Click to share Facebook Likes, Google+1,