Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

SOUPS.....SOUPS.......and MORE SOUPS.

Share your favourite recipes here.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Postby babice » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Ziploxx wrote:Spring Onion Soup

1 Tbsp butter
6 sliced scallions with the green tops
1 finely minced garlic clove
1/2 inch of minced ginger root. (about 1 heavy tsp)
1 small can of mushrooms
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup sweet white wine
salt
about 1/2 cup diced firm tofu, about 1/2 inch cubes

Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger in the butter for a couple minutes. Add the soy sauce, wine, chicken stock and mushrooms and then salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and add the tofu. Cook for a couple more minutes and serve. You can leave the wine out of the recipe if you wish, but it does add a bit of depth to the flavor.

Looking for Skiny Pete wrote:Tomato Crabmeat with Egg Drop Soup
Makes 4 to 6 servings (5 cups)

* 2 tablespoons canola Oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 green onion (white and green parts), chopped
* 3 fresh or dried shitake mushrooms, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 2 Medium tomatoes cut into 2-inch cubes
* 4 cups ginseng seafood stock or canned chicken stock
* 1 cup fresh or frozen crabmeat, or imitation
* 1 egg, well beaten
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Cilantro leaves for garnish

1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan on medium high heat and saute the garlic, onion, and mushrooms until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium low, stir, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Add crabmeat and bring to a second boil. Turn off heat. Slowly pour in the beaten egg, while stirring the soup in one direction with a chopstick or fork so the egg forms long threads.
3. Stir in sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot.

luvs_torun wrote:Creamy Tomato-Balsamic Soup

Cooking the vegetables at the high temperature of 500° caramelizes their natural sugars and deepens their flavor; the liquid poured over them ensures they won't burn. Prepare the soup up to two days ahead; reheat over medium heat before serving.

1 cup less-sodium beef broth, divided
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
5 garlic cloves
2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained
Cooking spray
3/4 cup half-and-half (I used low fat)
Cracked black pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 500°.
Combine 1/2 cup of broth, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Place onion, garlic, and tomatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Pour broth mixture over tomato mixture. Bake at 500° for 50 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Place tomato mixture in a blender. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and half-and-half, and process until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Garnish with cracked black pepper, if desired.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
To be lean, healthy and fat-free, you must see yourself as being capable of achieving that body and worthy of maintaining it.
babice

Postby babice » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:09 pm

carolie wrote:Here's a recipe for a Beef and Barley soup I received today through email from Laura's Lean Beef. It looks good and sb friendly. :)

Hearty Beef & Barley Soup
Try this simple soup for a wholesome winter meal. Healthy ingredients produce an easy traditional supper. Serve this with crusty bread and a salad.

1 pound Laura's Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 46-ounce can V8 juice (low sodium)
1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/3 cup pearled barley
1 cup sliced carrots
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 bay leaf
8 ounces frozen peas

Optional Ingredients:
2 cups chopped washed greens, such as spinach, kale, or Swiss chard
2 cups sliced mushrooms

Directions
1. Coat large Dutch oven lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Place Dutch oven on stove over medium high heat.
2. Add ground beef. Stir to crumble while browning.
3. Add onion and garlic to meat. Cook onion and garlic until translucent.
4. Add V8 juice, crushed tomatoes, 2 cups water, barley, carrots, celery and spices.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover.
6. Simmer until barley and vegetables are done (about 30 minutes).
7. Add frozen peas and optional vegetables.
8. Return to a simmer for about 8-12 minutes.
9. Taste for salt and serve.
Makes 8 servings.

Cooking Tip: This soup offers lots of opportunities for experimentation to suit your personal tastes. Some ideas: double the barley; substitute diced tomatoes for crushed; add green beans or lima beans; or, double the oregano and basil.

marvholly wrote: This is a quick, easy recipe for black bean soup that I made and enjoyed this week.

Black Bean Soup
Prep Time: 20 min Cook time: 30 min
Note: Quick, Easy, Best made 1 day ahead

3 cans black beans
1½ c Lo sodium Chicken broth
1 med-large onion diced
1T EVOO
1T bottled minced garlic
8-10 oz oz Chunky Salsa
2T lime juice
1T cumin
crushed red pepper (optional0
plain yogurt (optional)
chopped cilantro (optional)

1. Place 1 can beans (not drain) and chicken broth in blender/food processor. Blend until smooth. Add drained, rinsed can of beans and pulse until slightly chunky.
2. Spray large pot w/ cooking spray. Heat over medium-high. Add EVOO. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add blended bean mix, garlic, 3rd can of undrained beans, salsa, cumin and red pepper. Bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat.
Cook 30 minutes. Serve topped w/ yogurt and cilantro.
To be lean, healthy and fat-free, you must see yourself as being capable of achieving that body and worthy of maintaining it.
babice

Postby babice » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:10 pm

recipelover wrote:White Bean, Pasta, and Sausage Soup, P2[posted by OldGreyBob] from http://www.prm0.net/bakerscatalogue/RT60105_recipe.asp

This is our variation on pasta e fagioli ("pasta fazool," pasta and beans), a dish served all over Italy. It's a hearty soup, thick and rich with vegetables. Serve it with ciabatta for a satisfying and traditional Italian repast.

Soup
1 cup (8 ounces) dried white beans
4 cups (32 ounces) water
12 cups (96 ounces) chicken broth*
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Italian sausage, hot or sweet; or turkey sausage (optional)
1 cup (5 1/2 ounces) diced onions (1 1/2 medium)
1 cup (4 ounces) sliced carrots (2 medium)
1 cup (4 ounces) diced celery
4 to 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup (1 ounce) sun-dried tomatoes, diced (or dried tomato flakes)
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
3/4 teaspoon thyme
1 cup (5 ounces dry) uncooked pasta (elbows, or a similar size; regular, or high-protein/low-carbohydrate)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese

*Use 1 large can and 2 small cans-that's close enough. This amount of broth makes a very thick, stew-like soup; add an additional 2 cups (or 1 can) heated broth just prior to serving, for a more liquid soup. Soak the beans in the 4 cups of water. You can soak them overnight, or do a "quick soak" by bringing the beans and water to a boil, removing them from the heat, and letting them soak for 1 hour. Drain the beans, discarding the water, and place them in a large soup pot with 8 cups of the chicken broth. Turn the heat to medium-low, and begin to heat the beans and broth while you cook the sausage and vegetables. Place the sausage in a saucepan, cover it with water, and simmer until the sausage is cooked through. Remove it from the pan, drain and discard the water, and when the sausage is cool enough, cut it into 1/2" slices. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, and sauté the vegetables until the onions are translucent. Add the vegetables, garlic, and bay leaf to the beans in the chicken stock. Simmer for 1 hour. Add the remaining 4 cups broth, the cooked sausage, tomatoes, oregano, and thyme. Simmer for another 75 minutes. Add the pasta, and simmer for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Serve hot, sprinkled with the fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. Yield: about 10 servings.

Notes: Yes, there's no added salt in this soup; that's correct. There's often enough in the chicken broth you use to season it sufficiently. Just before serving, taste the soup, and add salt if you like; or let each person add their own at the table.

If you're cooking this in our Italian stoneware cooker, add the remaining 4 cups of broth in two stages: 2 cups of broth along with the cooked sausage, and 2 cups of broth when you add the pasta.

kjj3kids wrote:Phase 2 recipe - From Cooking Light Nov 2003
I added tofu and used wild rice.
This soup is terrific. Our family was so surprised at how the romaine lettuce works so well in this soup.

Turkey Magiritsa

This is a variation of the classic Greek soup magiritsa, which is typically made from lamb, chicken broth, egg, and lemon, and is served to end the Lenten fast. Here, it's transformed into a fine fall dish using turkey leftovers.

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
7 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
Dash of salt
1 1/2 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded (light and dark meat)
1 cup cooked short-grain rice
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice and flour in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Add eggs; whisk until combined.
Bring 1 cup broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add hot broth to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return egg mixture to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and a dash of salt, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Add 6 cups broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add turkey meat, and simmer 2 minutes. Add rice, and slowly whisk in egg mixture. Keep warm over low heat. Add remaining ingredients immediately before serving.
babice

Postby babice » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:12 pm

KMSracekitten wrote:I found this one the other day - adjusted from a WWer's recipe:

1 can ff refried beans
1 can low fat/sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can white beans (northern beans)
1 can black beans
1 can/cup of chopped tomatoes with chili peppers
1 package of taco seasoning
1 sauteed onion
2 cups chopped veggies of choice
1 lbs or less chicken breast

Grill and dice the chicken and throw everything in a pot on the stove for an hour.

FaerieSBD wrote: Taco Soup -- P1 (though I'm still eating this in P2!)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 jar roasted bell peppers
8 oz. salsa
1 to 2 cups V8 juice
2 28 oz. cans whole plum/roma tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
LF cheese or sour cream (garnish)

Brown the ground beef. While it's browning, add everything else to the pot. I like to cut up the bell peppers, squeeze the tomatoes (to break them up), and rinse and drain the black beans. Add as much or as little V8 as you like to get the consistency you want (more for soupier soup, less for stewier soup). Add the cooked beef to the pot and cook (should be more than a gentle simmer happening in the pot) for 15-20 minutes until you can stand it no more, then eat. Add cheese or sour cream if you like, but it's good on its own, too.

kjj3kids wrote:Shrimp and Cabbage Chowder
From Weight Watchers magazine

Makes 4 servings

1 T. unsalted butter
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 (15-ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
2 small head Savoy cabbage (1 pound), cored and thinly sliced
1 (15 ounce) can navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
¼ t. crushed red pepper or freshly ground black pepper
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 plum tomatoes, diced
½ c. packed basil leaves, thinly sliced

Melt butter in soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add broth, cabbage, beans and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until cabbage is tender about 12 minutes. Stir in shrimp, tomatoes, and basil; cook, stirring until the shrimp is opaque, 2-3 minutes.
babice

Postby babice » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:13 pm

A-Rod wrote:Lower-Fat Thai Curry Soup

this soup can be P1 or P2, depending on whether you add noodles to it. it would be great without them for those in their first phase.

for the broth:
1 can low-sodium veggie or chicken broth
1 can nonfat evaporated milk
2 tsp. coconut extract, or to taste
1+ tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ginger [ground or raw]
2+ tbs. sweetner

mix broth, evaporated milk, and seasonings to taste. adjust as desired until you like the flavor. i also added a little bit of fat free half and half to make it creamier, but this isn't necessary if you don't have it in the fridge already.

items to add to the broth:
- cooked udon, buckwheat, or rice noodles (P2 only)
- julienned carrots
- sliced onions
- shredded basil and/or cilantro
- chicken, tofu, or shrimp
- bok choy
- bean sprouts

you can pretty much add anything you want, but here's what i did:

I added sliced chicken to the broth as it simmered. this really rounded out the flavor. I sliced whole garlic into thin slices and sauteed in a touch of olive oil until they were just golden, and removed them. then i sauteed sliced onion and julienned carrot in the oil til soft, and added it to the broth for a few minutes. I put a pile of noodles in a bowl, then put some beansprouts and basil on top of them. poured the broth/veggies/chicken over the top, and garnished with more basil and the garlic chips. it was EXCELLENT, had a great coconut flavor like real thai curries, but was much lighter than the stuff in thai restaurants with full-fat coconut milk. I couldn't tell the difference.

luvs_torun wrote:Gazpacho (Cold veggie soup) From Cooking Light..... All Phases

3 cups chopped tomato (about 1 pound)
2 1/4 cups chopped peeled cucumber (about 1/2 pound)
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups tomato juice
Lime wedges (optional)

Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Place half of tomato mixture in a food processor; process until smooth. Pour pureed tomato mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture. Add juice to pureed tomato mixture; stir to combine. Cover and chill. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Note: Gazpacho can be made up to 3 days ahead. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Stir well before serving.
babice

Postby LibbyD » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:54 pm

This is delicious! I sometimes just use a bag of mixed frozen seafoods I can get at the grocery store in lieu of the individual purchases of fresh crayfish, bass, squid and shrimp called for in this recipe. But it's best if you can follow the recipe using good quality ingredients:

Seafood Stew (CHILE)
10 servings

4 cups water
2 cups white wine
2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
1 pound crayfish, washed
½ pounds medium shrimp, washed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 medium red bell peppers, finely chopped
4 medium tomatoes dipped in boiling water for 30 seconds, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1½ pounds see bass fillets, cut into chunks
1½ pounds small squid, cleaned and sliced
pepper to taste
very small amount of salt (optional)

1. In a large, non-aluminum saucepan, stir together the water, white wine, celery, and carrots. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and crayfish and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the shellfish and vegetables from the broth and set the broth aside. Peel the crayfish and shrimp and discard the shells and vegetables.

2. Warm the olive oil in the large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, and oregano. Add the reserved broth and bring it to a simmer. Stir in the sea bass and squid and simmer for 2 minutes. Return the crayfish and shrimp to the broth and simmer 1 more minute. Season to taste (optional), ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Last edited by LibbyD on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Less is More.
LibbyD

Postby recipelover » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Just copying in a recipe that I found from an older posting:

Easy Cream of Broccoli/Cauliflower Soup, P1 [from hhnurse]
The broccoli & cauliflower soup from the Daily Dish is devine!

1 bag winter mix (frozen broccoli & cauliflower)
1 1/2 cans chicken broth
1/2 can rotel (or diced tomato)
4 oz lf cream cheese

Cook veggies in broth & rotel until tender, add cream cheese & stir until blended.

I have used sour cream in my fauxtato soup, but I really like the cream cheese much more.
I'm having this soup tonight. I always double it, & I have leftovers for another meal or two.
(*;*)
I love recipes so I put together the:
Recipe summary Sticky arranged by categories: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97961
recipelover

Pizza Soup

Postby Katnip » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:16 pm

I made a pizza soup this week that everyone loved. It's simple and tastes great.

lean ground beef, cooked/drained (optional)
turkey salami
canned tomatoes
green peppers, chopped
mushrooms sliced
onions
Italian seasoning

Serve with a large pinch of LF grated Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.

Bon appetit![code][/code]url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Katnip

Postby andersen0k@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:09 am

Thanks so much for the recipes! these are really going to help me!
andersen0k@hotmail.com

Postby surfer376 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:26 pm

Edamame-Avocado Soup #53261
recipe by basia1
all phases
From Cooking Light. Haven't made this yet, originally from Check Andrew Meek of Sage in Des Moines, Iowa. Looks delicious, and I can't wait to try it.
9 servings
30 minutes 10 mins prep
1 1/2 lbs frozen shelled edamame
2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
1/4 cup chopped shallots
2 peeled avocados, cut into quarters
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
chopped fresh parsley (optional)
lemon wedges (optional)

Place edamame in large saucepan.
Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes, or until soft.
Drain, set aside.
Place half of edamame, 1/2 cup broth, and shallots in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
Pour pureed shallot mixture into a large bowl.
Combine the remaining edamame, 3/4 cup broth, and avocados in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
Add pureed avocado mixture to pureed shallot mixture, stire to combine.
Add 3/4 cup broth, juice, salt, and pepper to pureed mixture; sit well with a whisk.
Cover and chill.
Serve with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
surfer376

Postby recipelover » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:23 pm

Just copying in a recipe since it isn't already in this thread:

Spicy Broccoli Cheese Soup Phase 1, 2, or 3 [posted by JenHen]

Ingredients:
1 can Mild Rotel
3 cans FF Low Sodium Chicken Broth
2 16oz Packages of Frozen broccoli/ cauliflower mix
10 oz Lite Velveeta

Directions:
Empty Rotel, Broth and Veggies into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.

Remove from heat and mix in Velveeta. (I cut it into chunks or it takes forever to melt.) Stir till melted.

Serves 10 and about half a cup of veggies per serving

Don't mix in the velveeta while the pot is over a hot burner or the cheese will curdle. This lasts for about 4 or 5 days in the fridge and after that the cheese starts to seperate from the broth (still good but not that pretty to look at.) This gets spicier the longer it sits in the fridge, definitely use the mild rotel unless you are used to spicy things. You could definitely add more frozen south beach veggies but just make sure that they can last in a saucepan for 45 minutes without turning to mush.
(*;*)
recipelover

Postby recipelover » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:57 am

Just copying in a recipe that was posted...

Spicy Tomato and Rice Soup, P2 [posted by Mom25cutekids]

For phase 1- do not add carrots. I've added a cup of chopped cabbage in it's place and it's great. Also, reduce the water to 6 cups and do not add the rice.

1 Tbsp Canola or Olive oil
1 cup of diced onions
1/2 cup of diced carrots
1/2 cup of diced celery
1/2 cup of diced peppers
4 cloves of garlic crushed (I've used about 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp splenda
2 14oz cans of diced tomatoes
6 bullion cubes
8 cups of water
1/2 cup of brown rice

Saute onions in oil until tender and transparent. Then add the remaining ingredients and cook until vegetables and rice are tender. I usually cook this for about 2 hours. I'm sure it could be done in the crock pot as well. (Make sure you remove the bay leaf before eating! blech! )
(*;*)
recipelover

Postby surfer376 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:38 pm

Here's another that sounds good!

Spicy Tomato and Rice Soup Recipe
phase 2 & 3

Ingredients
2 (28- to 32-oz) cans whole tomatoes in juice (preferably organic)
1 large onion, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 cups)
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh jalape chile including seeds
2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 1/4 cups Organic vegetable broth (18 fl oz)
1 1/2 cups brown rice (cooked)
1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste (splenda)
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

Drain 1 can tomatoes, discarding juice, then purée with remaining can tomatoes (including juice) in a blender.
Cook onion, garlic, chile, and ginger in oil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Add cumin and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in puréed tomatoes, broth, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 2 teaspoons salt and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Working in 3 or 4 batches, blend soup in blender until smooth. Transfer soup as blended to a sieve set over a large bowl and force through sieve, discarding seeds and chunks of ginger.
Stir in sugar and salt to taste. Add rice and reheat in cleaned saucepan if necessary.

Makes 4 servings.

http://www.thetinyrevolution.com/2006/0 ... up_rec.htm
surfer376

Vegetarian Black Bean Soup

Postby mom41 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:02 am

Just made this today. It is simply delicious.

Vegetarian Black Bean Soup

3 cans black beans, rinsed.
2 (14.5oz) cans of petite diced tomatoes (with or without chiles)
1 cup finley chopped celery (I used a food processor)
1/2c finley chopped carrots (food processor)
1 c finley chopped onion
2 tbsp Olive oil
1/4 freshly minced cilantro (or tsp dried cilantro)
1 garlic clove, minced or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar.
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese (for thickening purposes)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper to taste
1 can mexican style corn (omitted for SB purposes)

In a large heavy pot heat olive oil. Add Celery, carrots & onions and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Then add tomatoes & galic cook 2 minutes. If using dried cilantro add with tomatoes, if using fresh save for last. Add beans, parmesan cheese and corn. Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste. Cook until just thickened. Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes. Soup will thicken to almost a chili consistency.

Makes A LOT OF SERVINGS! serving size about 1 cup.

I garnished the soup in the bowl with 1/4 of an avacado diced and ate it with a Greek salad and a WW Sesame cracker. Delicious and VERY filling.
STW258 Lost to 238 RGW 266, CW262.0
"In a world of accelerated inflation, Living life to the fullest is still Priceless!" - by ME

Blog spot
mom41

Postby LibbyD » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:56 am

Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Shallots and Sage

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/for ... 357#764357
Less is More.
LibbyD

PreviousNext

Return to South Beach Diet Recipe and Food Area