Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Kimboroni, tell about the foggy feeling

Second phase of South Beach Diet

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Kimboroni, tell about the foggy feeling

Postby bethy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Actually, weight is one of the factors that you should ignore as you add foods. Pretty much anything you add could make you gain some water weight. The things to look for are more like spaciness, hunger, cravings, a foggy feeling, etc.

You wrote this in reply to a post about cravings on JH's P0 thread a long time ago.
I got kind of excited when you said that because,
I have never heard anyone mention spaciness and foggy feeling in relation to adding P2 foods.
But I have had it HAPPEN, a spacey, foggy feeling out of the blue when trying a new food.
Most recently, wheat flour, just a small amount.
What IS that foggy feeling?
I don't like it. It makes me feel like I must be imagining it. (only, I'm not)
bethy
If I can't have too many truffles, I'll do without truffles. ~Colette
bethy

Re: Kimboroni, tell about the foggy feeling

Postby SBMike » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Bethy, how exactly do you tell this empty-headed feeling from your everyday living? (snark snark) Happy Friday.
"Foolish boy. Your powers are no match for the dark chocolate side of the force." - Darth Cadbury
SBMike

Postby Kimboroni » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:08 pm

:lol: Mike

That feeling can come from having low blood sugar, and this is how it can be associated with trying new p2 foods: the food gives you high blood sugar, and your body responds with a rush of insulin so quickly in order to lower your blood sugar, that it overcompensates and gives you low blood sugar instead of stopping at normal. This is called reactive hypoglycemia.

It doesn't necessarily mean that food won't work for you, but check your serving size and what you eat it with to make sure that those are on track. You could also try it at a different time of day, or before or after exercise instead of when you are sedentary, for example.
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby bethy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Thank you! It had me flummoxed, (shut up MIKE) how I could get that low BS feeling so Quickly from a small amount of Flour. I put 1/2 Tb. malt powder in a six ounce smoothie yesterday and had to go back and check the ingredients again for benzodiazepines, I felt so weird. *pointed look at mr. funny man*
You're the best, Kimboroni, always so thoughtful and consistent and knowledgeable and Concise. When I grow up......
If I can't have too many truffles, I'll do without truffles. ~Colette
bethy

Postby SBMike » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:53 pm

bethy wrote:It had me flummoxed, how I could get that low BS feeling so quickly......

Oh, come on. You're seldom low on BS.........
"Foolish boy. Your powers are no match for the dark chocolate side of the force." - Darth Cadbury
SBMike

Return to Phase 2 Discussion