Well, here I am, 7 1/2 months after starting on SB and just starting a journal.....
I've decided to do this because I'm going to have some major stressors in my life coming soon (in addition to some major stressors in the past year), and I really believe that keeping a journal is going to make me more aware of what I'm doing and it will keep me accountable to myself...I also know that if I need a kick in the butt, I will also receive that from the many wonderful people here...
I'm 38 years young, will be married to my DH for 14 years on Sept 5 (wow...how did that happen), most of that time happily, although I have moments when I just want to say to him "I can't miss you if you won't leave!" We have one daughter, Katie, who will be turning 9 on Halloween.
I started SB at 219, and am currently sitting at 204, and have been for some time. MAJOR stall. However, I'm not overly concerned with this...I know I'm healthier and that it took years to pack on all this weight, so if it takes a year, or two, or three to lose it, then so be it.
Major stressors from the last year:
1. I had a miscarriage a year ago tomorrow...I was 14 weeks along.
2. My husband was in an accident driving a cement truck a year ago this week. He has had one surgery, with another possible surgery facing him in the next month or so...he'll be having an MRI in the next week or so. He's been on disability and unable to work since last August. He has gone back to school to become a massage therapist, but still has a few months to go.
3. We've moved....again
4. I lost a dear family freind in Iraq on June 15. Chad was 19.
Major stressors coming up:
1. Tax season is around the corner (I'm a professional bookkeeper) Most people don't think about their taxes until April 14th at about noon
...tax season begins in November for us.
2. My husband's Auntie (who is also my very good friend) is having major life issues and has to keep me posted. I know as her friend that I should not mind this...but her issues involve other family members & I feel like I'm stuck in the middle.
3. My wonderful MIL, who is a 7 year breast cancer survivor informed us back in early January that she had a tumor in her left armpit. Come to find out this cancer was "Sarcoma" - not sure of the spelling - and that it is a muscle cancer; often caused by....drum roll please....radiation treatments. If the cancer doesn't kill ya, the cure will...
She had surgery to remove the tumor, but they couldn't get it all & she will not do chemo again (it nearly killed her, too...she had an allergic reaction to it) and can't see treating a cancer like that with more radiation. Anyway, I've noticed in the past weeks that she seems to be "off". Sure enough, I asked, and she said yes, it's back again. It's moving fast & I think it's in her left lung already, since she is complaining of major shortness of breath. My FIL and husband are not dealing well with this turn of events & I know this is going to fall to me. I honestly don't think she'll make it through the winter.
Bringing me to the point that I am a MAJOR stress eater. I recognize that and try to be cognizant of what I'm putting in my mouth and why, but sometimes that thought falls by the wayside.
Todays menu so far:
B: Kashi GL w/ ff milk & handful blueberries; water
S: handful of carrots
L: Huge salad w/ chicken cubes, crumbled turkey bacon, lf cheese, grape tomatos, cucumbers w/ ranch dressing - also a small Wendy's chili (comfort food for me!); water & small diet coke
S: apple w/ peanut butter
D: Grilled lamb chops w/ grilled veggies & salad or shrimp scampi on spaghetti squash w/ salad; water & maybe a small glass of wine
S: Probably sliced strawberries or peaches with a dollop of cool whip
Okay, there it is.....sorry it's such a book. But, hey, it's my journal, right?