Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Ky's Korner

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Ky's Korner

Postby Kyan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 am

Hey Chris - gloves is a great idea! I will have to check out what they have the sporting goods stores around here! My trainer wears these weird shoes where each toe has it's own space - just like gloves! He says they are comfortable but I think they would drive me nuts!

I'm sorry to hear you are jumping around too. SOOOOOO annoying!!
Kyan

Postby Kyan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:54 am

Steel cut oats with a peach and slivered almonds for breakfast, asparagus soup with grated parmesan cheese for lunch and greek sloopy joes on orzo and roasted broccoli for dinner. Nice and Beachy! My dinner portions were too large, though.

Tomorrow is personal trainer and hopefully at least a mile on the rower. Depends on how hard he works me! If the workout isn't too bad I will try for 2 miles.

I was so disgusted with Biggest Loser tonight. This season is so NOT inspirational!
Kyan

Postby Kyan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:50 am

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday! I blame it on the jumping screen. It's hard to journal when your screen constantly jerks - although it seems to be better?!?

Wednesday my trainer was BRUTAL!!! BRUTAL! I can barely walk today! After our workout I rowed a mile.

Thursday was ok - I had to take my kitty to the vet which made a late night, so we grabbed some Panda. They have stuff that is supposedly ok in the South Beach Dining Guide, but I still feel guilty when I eat there because I know it has to be loaded with sodium and other gunk.

Today I rowed 2 miles in 18 minutes! Woohoo! 3220 meters. Breakfast was a white egg omelet with fresh basil, grated parmesan cheese and cherry tomatoes - it was awesome! Dinner was Asian pork in the crock pot eaten over shredded cabbage and sweet potato fries. SOOOOO good! I think my portions were too big, though.
Kyan

Postby Beaching It » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Wow Kyan! You're working out with a trainer? Cool!! I did that for a while and enjoyed it but very expensive. Does he/she have you on a food plan too, or are you just eating beachy? Sounds like your exercise is going very well. Good for you! I love working out sooooo much. We are going to Mexico for 2 weeks and I plan to work out every day at the resort because they have gym classes all day, including yoga, Zumba and stretching... so no excuses as I will have the time and love it anyway!

Too bad BL is not good this season. I tried to watch it but DH hates it so much so if he's home, we usually just chat or watch something else. What's so bad about it?? It used to inspire me so much.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 1 - 150 by Girls' cruise November 2012
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Kyan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey there, Beaching!! Yeah, trainers are pricey, but worth it! It sounds like you will have the PERFECT vacation! Sun, sand, relaxation AND workouts! lol

The Biggest Loser is having a bad season. The people lose hardly any weight every week and they are petty and love drama. It's ALL about games this season. Big huge guys weighing over 300 pounds and some weeks they lose 2 pounds. I think the most ANY of these guys have lost in a week is 11 pounds. Nothing like the old days. Instead they whine and gripe about different players or whatever.
Kyan

Postby Kyan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Kyan

Postby Kyan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Kyan

Postby dene » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey Ky, did you see my posts on BL thread? It's on a bunch of websites! Never have I witnessed such a mess.
dene

Postby Chris55 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am

Love the cartoon, Ky! Just like my house :lol:
Restart : 10/12/13
Restart Wt: Not saying
Round 1: 1/5/09
Beginning Wt: 191.6
Goal #1 Met: 160.0 7/09
Goal #2 Met: 155.0 3/10
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself with exercise or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby Kyan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 am

Hey Chris - I can sooo relate to that cartoon, too! lol

Dene - I replied on the BL thread from last week - but I need to get over there and post my thoughts on last night's show!

I am so exhausted right now that all I can think about is falling into bed! Food has been excellent lately! Been working out with my trainer and rowing the miles.... the Beach is good!
Kyan

Postby smay » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well! You do so well with getting to the gym. I wish I was a dedicated as you! As for your comic, :mrgreen:
Eating beachy since February 2010.
smay

Postby Kyan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm glad you liked my comic! It just cracked me up!!

Except for two very shameful episodes this week, I am doing GREAT!! OMG my stomach has shrunk down flatter (WOOHOOOOOOOO - FINALLY!) and I feel so awesome! Ew... that last sentence sounds really awkward.... stomach has shrunk down flatter.... oh who cares. You get the gist! I rowed 6 1/2 miles last week, in addition to working out with my trainer. My trainer gets meaner and meaner every time I go (in a good way - think Bob Harper at his worst!) and there are times I ache for DAYS after a workout! I don't like that part, but I'm liking the results!

My shameful episodes are so embarrassing that I hate to post about them - but unfortunately I feel that posting the bad along with the good is about accountability... and I want to be healthy and should be held accountable for my behavior, so here goes.

The worst was on Wednesday. My niece brought over cupcakes to celebrate her little girl's birthday - we had the party at my house. Cake is not a temptation for me, but homemade chocolate cupcakes...!! There were enough cupcakes that I could eat one and each of my twins got one. GOOOEY and moist and just the right amount of sweetness - not heavy on the frosting! SOOO good! Well the kids being little kids (2, 3 and 4 year olds), some of them didn't eat much of the cupcakes. I'm cringing at how shameful I was.... I brought the plates up and ATE two of the cupcakes from the plates. My twins thought it was the grossest thing in the world and you know, at the time I didn't care. I rationalized that I was related to the kids so it's just "family". THAT my friends, is what food addiction looks like. It is no different from a drug addiction, or alcohol addiction. In that moment my self-control went out the window. I wanted those cupcakes so badly I didn't care that a little finger had scraped off half of the icing... or eaten part of the cupcake. Heck, cut that part off and it's perfectly good. (Eyeroll.) I know there are food addicts here that can relate to this!

So I stumbled. (Yet again!) But then I was on target again until Saturday. (Yesterday). I had an all day seminar where they cater the lunch. Sometimes the food isn't very good so it isn't a huge issue. Unfortunately the food was FANTASTIC! They offered a choice of fried or baked chicken - that part was easy. Then they had a green salad but they only had Ranch and some bizarre dressing that looked fatty and unappealing. Then they had a huge assortment of different types of salads. Green pea salad, kidney bean salad, potato salad, six different pasta salads at LEAST... broccoli salad with raisins and pecans... the most fabulous mac and cheese you would imagine! Frog eye salad. That green whipped cream salad with mini-marshmallows. And about 8 other salad side dishes. It was salad heaven!! Of course not all of the salads were Beach friendly! They also had these fat, beautiful homemade bread sticks and different kinds of rolls! I skipped the bread and ALL of the pasta salads... but sampled quite a few of the others. (Spoonful). That wasn't the shameful part. I went up and had seconds... a HUGE spoonful (or two or three) of that sinfully perfect mac and cheese - (COME ON! When have you EVER had INCREDIBLE mac and cheese at a function like THIS?) and a HUGE spoonful (or two or three) of Frog eye salad and a couple of small spoonfuls of other stuff. It was heaven. Dessert was all these different slices of cake. The chocolate cake looked dry and terrible so I picked one up (will-power was hanging by a thread at this point. You rationalize by thinking "I've already blown it - what difference does it make?") and was going to take a bite and throw it away. The cake had this incredible coffee/chocolate cream center and it tasted a bit like tiramisu - and it was SOOOOO good! Not dry at all! I DID drink water instead of the beverages they offered. I hated myself last night! In fact, we got Take-out from the Outback because I was exhausted and didn't feel like cooking ( 6 oz. Victoria Filet with blue cheese crumb crust, sweet potato fries, shrimp on the Barbie and mixed steamed veggies) and I even drank a freaking Pepsi with it. I don't even like Pepsi! I'm a Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb gal!

Got up this morning - I am only up a half pound. So now I just need to go on from here and keep on trekking!! I'm doing great, and although it's a shame that not only did I stumble but I fell flat on my face - twice - it's the fact that you keep on going instead of giving up that makes you a success!

So here I am. One foot in front of the other. And I'm about to leave for a session with my trainer, and then a mile or two on the rower, depending on if I can even move after the workout.
Kyan

Postby dene » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

It's a life time, Ky, slip ups or just plain bad choices are going to happen sometimes. The trick is to get right back on track and move on.

I finally posted on BL for last week's show.
dene

Postby smay » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

At least your slip-ups were for yummy foods. My Sunday was just junk that didn't even taste that good. Chips. blergh...

Great job with the rowing. We don't have rowing machines at our gym. If they did, I would try them just to reduce arm flab. I have lots of arm flab.

I posted the banana bread recipe in my journal. Hope you like it!
Eating beachy since February 2010.
smay

Postby Kyan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Dene and Smay! How have you ladies been?? How's the Beach going?

I am heading over to your journal and the banana bread recipe as soon as I am done posting here, Smay! I love banana bread!

I've kind of been steering clear of carbs lately as I think they are preventing me from losing weight. I'm not that crazy about bread, rice or pasta anyway, so it doesn't make sense for me to be eating too much of them. I still eat them, just not as much as I was. I like Steel cut oats for breakfast now and then and I also like brown rice sometimes - or meusli. I am currently one pound away from my short term goal - then I can start working on my next goal! Last night my trainer said he thought it looked like I had lost some belly weight, so that was nice. I still row almost every day of the week, and now I can do 2 1/2 miles on the days I don't work out with my trainer. Last night I managed a mile and a half after our workout, but it was really hard to finish that last half mile! I'm thinking of doing sprinting on Saturdays to see how I like it. (I probably won't!)

I haven't tried any new recipes lately, just been cooking the old favorites. Oh - I tried a Broke Bean stew last Sunday that was VERY good - but it tasted almost exactly like Dr. A's bean soup with shaved parmesan and fresh spinach - and Dr. A's recipe is easier. My boys are finally really enjoying the Beach - they will even request favorites when I am making up the week's menus and grocery list! YAY!

I've invested so much sweat and tears in my workouts that I think I am pretty committed to not stumbling any more. It isn't worth snarking down a goodie when you know that it takes two hours of hard exercising just to burn that many calories! Two and a half miles of hard rowing is only worth 212 calories! But - it only takes a little over 20 minutes to go that far.

Tonight is candlelight yoga! Woohooo!
Kyan

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal