Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

The Tortoise and the Hare

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: The Tortoise and the Hare

Postby Chris55 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Glad your husband's surgery is done. Scary stuff. I burned a lot when I was younger, have been vigilant about having anything remotely suspicious removed. So far, so good. Even send my son (who is NEVER out in the sun) to have a mole removed a few years ago. I'd have every freckle on my body removed if I could, LOL!

Sounds like you have a good plan for game day. We don't usually watch except for the commercials, and had cable unplugged over a year ago anyway, so we'll probably watch a movie and have some popcorn.
Restart 9/1/14. Weight: 202.6
Current: 199.2
Goal: 192.6 by 12/25/14
Beginning Wt: 191.6. On 1/09
Goal #1 Met: 160.0 7/09
Goal #2 Met: 155.0 3/10
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself exercising or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby jhderm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Just here to say hi and checking in. Nothing new to report, nothing smart to say...so I won't! :-)

Judi
jhderm

Postby masm2 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey Chris and Judi-Thanks for stopping by my journal. One more trip to the dermatologist this week to get the last last of DH's stitches removed-then we will see when the doc wants to see him again.

Weight stayed good all week-did not lose any but the mid week bump up was minimal and I am at 152 again today. I hope after a week of being stable I will lose a pound this week. I was pleased with the outcome of the Super Bowl...I was rooting for Eli! I did eat a lot of guacamole, but it was homemade with just avocados, tomatoes, onion, salt, pepper and cilantro. All good.
masm2

Postby masm2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:40 pm

This morning I was at 151.5 so I lost half a pound last week. I am happy with that...as long as it inches down bit by bit instead of spiking up-I am good.

DH had the last of his stitches out last Thursday-they were around a small skin graft-the doc was pleased with how it looked so he goes back in 6 weeks for a check. His eyebrow is now at a slightly rakish angle. Not too bad-he just looks amused.

I decided last week to try at least one PI day each week. Monday to correct the weekend or Friday to control the weekend? I chose Friday last week because I had gone out to breakfast with DH on Thursday and had too many carbs too early in the day. It helped me stay resolved over the weekend-PII all weekend with out going overboard on anything. So I may try Friday again this week.
masm2

Postby OnaMi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 am

Hay Mary Ann..

Awesome Idea about the one day of phase 1 each week!! that should really help keep things under control. Glad DH is better.you've done an awesome job getting that weight off (Bravo)!!!!!

Have a great day :)
SW-334
CW-149.2
GW-145
OnaMi

Postby masm2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks for stopping onaMI-I still have not tried the PI day yet, but I think I will when I am where I want to really maintain my weight. Which I think will be pretty soon.

I think I am going to break up with my scale and look for a new one. Or maybe I just will go without one for a while. I know it has been off for a while, but I had gained weight, my clothes did not fit-so I sort of trusted it, but not completely. I have recorded my weight every day for almost two and a half years. It is going to be odd not to do that-but I truly don't think it is the right number anymore.

Looking at my self in the mirror-I am seeing my "old" self. I look like I weigh around 146-147. Guess what? All of my clothes fit. The smallest sizes are a little tight, but everything buttons and zips with no gaps or stuff hanging out. The scale said 152.5 this morning...a few months ago none of this stuff fit at 150. I trust my mirror and the non-stretch denims more than the scale today.

Still not exercising...but keeping a tight PII food plan. I feel really good and I am happy and mostly stress free. I am sleeping 7-8 hours a night.
masm2

Postby jhderm » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Mary Ann

I always hated the scale but am kind of obsessive about it too. It's good to have an accurate one- and best is not to have to use it at all. Your clothes do tell the story, although there is a bit of leeway w the sizes. Unrelated but just sayin', I am really pissed off at all the ads that pop up on top and bottom as I write to you. Very distracting and intrusive.

Anyway, either get a really good scale or just put it away and keep to the program.

I am OK, trying to gain back the momentum that had me drop weight last month. One week of a "little off" eating is enough to stop the loss cold. Tried a wt loss psychotherapy group but didn't like it. Probably will just quit.

Hanging in there... you do the same! Like the P1 idea a lot- I mostly try to live in P1 plus fruit.

Judi
jhderm

Postby masm2 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:21 pm

As of today I am tossing that scale. 152.5 again and I know that is not right. I am back to where I was last summer before it got super stressful with my mom. I have tried on most of my clothes and everything I tried on...I could get into...and most things fit. I am even back in the smaller bras and my blouses are now fitting across the bust-goodbye to the bigger tops I had to buy along with the bigger jeans!

I have always had a saying..."Just because you can put it on-doesn't mean it fits."

The capri pants that I mention in the "goals for the new year" thread had a 3 inch gap at the below the waist-waist band 6 weeks ago. They fit the same now as when I bought them two years ago. Just a little tight, but nothing hanging over the top! I like them a little loser, but that is just about 2 pounds away. If it was warm today-I would be wearing them.

"Trust the clothes and the mirror"-my new motto.
masm2

Postby jhderm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:43 pm

You are right about everything. Trust the clothes, they tell the truth.

If you really want reference, weigh on a real scale some place and see if it matches your sense of it.

Enjoy Pres day. We usually go to FL but this year I didn't want to take off and so we are stuck in NY.

Judi
jhderm

Postby masm2 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Happy Mardi Gras!

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

I had my on personal "Fat Tuesday" on January 8th...then I started PI the next day. I lost most of weight I had gained over a 6 month period in 6 weeks. Much quicker than I thought I would lose it! No wine, a few lite beers that were not worth the empty calories and mostly good...real food. I feel so much better, I am happier than I have been in a long time.

Every day is a new day...a new chance to start fresh!
masm2

Postby masm2 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:45 pm

TGIF

Looking forward to the weekend. Hoping to stay on track, but I know I'll eat lunch out tomorrow and as funny as it sounds...I hate to eat out these days. No matter how beachy something is-it is always way too salty and I just don't want to bloat up again.

I have been making a salad for my lunches lately that I really enjoy. Shrimp, black beans, red peppers, and grape tomatoes on romaine with a key lime vinaigrette that I make fresh every day. 1 tbs each of lime juice, EVOO, and white wine vinegar-a little salt and pepper, and finally 2 squirts of agave nectar. I tried making enough for a week, but it just did not taste right after a few days.
masm2

Postby OnaMi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Hope you had a wonderful weekend Mary Ann :) Your Salad sounds delicious :P I've been on a large salad for lunch kick too.Seems like it fills me up and has seemed to help keep things moving more.

Since you always talked about shopping,Guess what I've been doing? Shopping :D My Sisters suits/Church dresses(16's.14's and 12's) served their purpose but now they are all too big and it's getting too expensive too have them altered all the time.I'm in a size 8 now :shock: considering when i started i could hardly where a 28. who would have thunk it :D

I found this really cute skirt but it was too short and you could see the extra wrinkly skin hanging over my knees(front and back :cry: Sister was w/me and said that since the skirt was a petite that they might have it in a regular 8 and that it might be a little longer but they didn't.
It's just now i want everything i see :D I can just go in any store and find something to where.the thing is I don't know where I'm going to stop so i can't buy too much stuff.I'm thinking about seeing how I'll look at 140(first thought about 150) but IDK.Or Just just keep going till my anniversary Dec.18.2012 :idea: I guess sooner or later I'm gonna have to figure out how to stop losing :idea: But I always want to keep this mindset of as if I'm trying to eat healthy,be healthy and with eating healthy,being healthy comes staying active and stuff so how can i stop ...IDK.. anyway I've rambled enough in your Journal. :lol: sorry, :oops: :mrgreen:

Take care xo
SW-334
CW-149.2
GW-145
OnaMi

Postby masm2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Oh onaMi-you can write about shopping and clothes anytime in my journal. I am just so happy that you are having success shopping. Sorry about the skirt being too short-that happens sometimes. My issue is anything sleeveless! I do own some sleeveless things-but you can bet they were examined at every angle in the store!

My daughter will be home this weekend for spring break. We will be taking a "girls only" trip to New Orleans for a couple of days...so excited! I do admit I love to eat out in NOLA. I have been looking at menus on-line and I have a good idea where we will eat most meals. Pre-Katrina we would go as a family and just snack our way through the French Quarter. DH and I went in 2009 and had a good time, but I have not been back since then. We are planing on taking a ghost tour...I wonder if I will see my great great great uncle who died there in the 1820's!

I will have a few treats...but seriously I am not going to go overboard. I like fitting into my clothes more than I like treats!
masm2

Postby jhderm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 am

Hi MaryAnn

Haha sleeveless....I know about that and the angles in the mirror...and for the butt...and for the tummy...etc etc.

I am in the big PLATEAU, pretty disheartened but what can I do- just keep doing it. At least I will not gain, right?

Hope you are well enjoy the ghost family reunion,lol

Judi
jhderm

Postby masm2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Well we had a good time in New Orleans. The ghost tour was fun-our guide stated he was not an out of work actor-so his story telling was not too dramatic. That was fine by me-some of the tales were horrible enough. We had good food-not in excess...skipped Cafe du Monde. We just did not want the extra grease! We walked for hours-so what ever we ate-we burned most of it off. The fiber supplements helped DD feel better and I think I'll keep taking them for a while. They do soothe my tummy and I do eat a little less food at each meal. I am not sure if it is because there is less room in the tummy at meal time-or if it is just that I am aware of each meal since I am taking two capsules about 30 minutes before I eat.

I wore my favorite capri pants on Tuesday!

I am ready to maintain, but I am not ready to be in a PIII mind-set.
masm2

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal