Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Postby Chris55 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:51 pm

You could also be working on a sinus infection, Lisa. Didn't you have issues with those before? That would explain the dizziness. You should definitely take it easy until you feel better.
Restart 9/1/14. Weight: 202.6
Current: 199.0
Goal: 192.6 by 12/25/14
Beginning Wt: 191.6. On 1/09
Goal #1 Met: 160.0 7/09
Goal #2 Met: 155.0 3/10
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself exercising or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby Beaching It » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:40 am

I don't think it's a sinus infection. I don't have any symptoms that I had before. I feel better tonight but I skipped my fav class today to be sure.

So today went like this (with a lot of lying around on the couch):

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with spinach, peppers, lean ham, lf cheese;
L: ricotta P1 pancakes with sugar free syrup; V8 soup
S: 1 piece banana loaf, nuts, glass of skim milk
D: greek salad with chicken, feta, dressing on side,
S: BBB with lf cool whip

Tomorrow I hope to be back to regular programming. Have a nice day planned with kids, and a trip to the gym with a neighbour for a 2 hour escape... :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Goal 1 - 140 by cruise November 2014
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:08 pm

So I'm better but not 100%. Took my friend to her first BodyJam class yesterday and it was awesome! She's hooked. I pushed it hard even though I told myself I wouldn't and felt great after. Today, not so great but okay. My city is having a massive Lululemon warehouse sale all weekend and I went last night. Crazy!! Got a new pair of workout long shorts and a racerback top. Apparently they are marking everything way down tonight so sis is going back and will get me a second hoodie for $39!! I paid $140 for mine in the store 1.5 years ago!! LOVE their stuff.

So I ate a bit too many carbs yesterday for a P2 transition, but today will be better. Weight is holding steady at 152 (7 1b loss) so that's good. I'm very motivated to get down to 145 by my March Break vacation to Cancun. This year we go for 2 full weeks... so I have to take it easy with the buffet and make sure I work out. Last year at this resort I found it pretty easy to workout and drink a ton of water so I didn't gain much. So looking forward to it! :mrgreen:

I've been spending some time reading back in my journal here and seeing how my weight has been over the last 2.5 years. Seems I have been struggling with this last 10 1bs for a long while now. Last April I was 154 (2 1bs heavier than now) so the good news is I'm not going up, but I'm not going down either. Really need to move this weight off once and for all!!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 am

So today I am back to normal and back to work. Had a good and busy day. Made sure to hit the grocery store after work and get all my veggies cut up and a new batch of black bean brownies in the freezer - yum!

B: 1 egg / eggwhite omelette with spinach, peppers, lean ham, lf cheese;
L: spinach/green salad with chickpeas, peppers, lean ham, lf cheese, oil&vinegar dressing, 15 almonds;
S: celery with cream cheese;
D: cheese tortellini with tomato sauce, green salad with oil&vinegar dressing
S: BBB with NF cool whip

No gym today, but will hit spin class tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby jhderm » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi Lisa
Just saying hello- finally got a notification from SB so I got back on the board to look around. Glad to see some friends!!!!
Judi
jhderm

Postby Beaching It » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 am

Hey Judi, nice to see you!! Hope all is going well with you and Michael. :wink:

So I've been super busy all week, but it's been a great week and I'm totally on track with P2 and lost another 1 1b so 8 1bs gone since Jan.3 and feeling awesome about that. 6 weeks until our vacation so hoping to lose 5-6 1bs before we go :wink: 145 would be a great weight to go at. I've been hitting the gym hard - got to spinning class Tuesday and Thursday and BodyPump yesterday. New BodyJam class tomorrow! Yay!!

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with spinach, lean ham, peppers, lf cheese;
L: spinach salad with lean ham, lf cheese, oil&vinegar dressing, nf latte;
S: 15 almonds, celery with cream cheese;
D: Wendy's Baja salad with large chili on side
S: BBB with lf cool whip
Exercise: 50 minute spin class

Hope you're all having a good week. :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am

What a LONG week! Got to the gym 4 days in a row and am sore! Will have tomorrow off then back to Zumba on Sunday. :mrgreen: I'm trying to add in a weight training class once a week because I do a lot of cardio. It's all good!

Sooooooo tired tonight... just burnt out. Finished a nice thai take-out with DH and now will sit in front of the tube tonight.

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette, spinach, peppers, lean ham, lf cheese;
L: Tim hortons ham & swiss on whole wheat bun; celery & cream cheese;
S: 15 almonds
D: pad thai with shrimp, chicken and pork wth mixed veggies, 2 fortune cookies
\Exercise: 60 minute BodyJam :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:19 am

So busy all week with social plans and running around with kids. Ate out too much (Friday, Saturday and Monday nights) which always plays havoc on things. Feeling bloated - maybe too much sodium. Neeed to drink lots of water. Was able to get in here tonight and check in to some journals which always helps motivate me. Got to spin class today and Zumba on Sunday. AWESOME!

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with lean ham, lf cheese, spinach, peppers;
L: spinach salad with lean ham, lf cheese, oil&vinegar dressing;
S: nf latte, celery and cream cheese; 15 almonds
D: beef tortellini with tomato sauce, brocolli, carrots, salad
S: BBB with nf cool whip
Exercise: 50 minute spin class

5 weeks today we will be in Mexico and I would really like to lose another 5 1bs before I get there. Will be trying hard!! :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby happymo4 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi Lisa! You are totally motivating me, Thank you! You are doing so awesome! I know how the social stuff and eating out just messes with everything. If I could just get down to my goal than the social stuff would be ok now and then. I am having problems with over eating even the healthy stuff. I just really like food I guess, all kinds of it. :roll: I wanted to tell you that my DH and I planned a last minute trip to Beaches in Turks and Caicos for us and our daughters. It will only be 3 nights and only 2 whole days but that is all the time that I think I can be away from Beau. I really wish it could be longer but I am thankful that we can get away for just a few days. DH and I have never had passports and the girls have never been on an airplane so it should be exciting. I am nervous but really looking forward to it. So it is 3 weeks away and I am hoping that if I do as well as I can, I can hopefully be in the 130's. That means I have to lose 4 pounds. I know that if I work really hard, I can do it. Lots of water and veggies. Thanks so much for motivating me!!!
Maureen
SW: 153.6 lbs (1/11)
CW: 141.8(8/26/11)
happymo4

Postby Beaching It » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Wow Maureen!! That is AWESOME!!! I’ll have to come post in your journal. You will have a blast!

It’s been another busy week, but I am getting to the gym 4 our of 5 days after work (2 weeks in a row) so very happy about that. My weight is UP a couple of pounds and I feel it, but don’t really have an explanation for it. It’s a little deflating, especially when I’m working out so hard and working towards my vacation goal – then see I’m going in the opposite direction, but I just need to keep my focus and plow through.

So I’m off to my fun BodyJam class today, but won’t get to the gym this weekend as we have a very busy kid-activity weekend ahead. Will try to do some cardio at home on Saturday or Sunday for sure.
Will check journals this weekend.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby Chris55 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:11 am

I don't know how you do it, Lisa. Working, going to the gym after work every day, then taking care of your family in the evening. I guess you don't sleep much, LOL!

Don't be discouraged. You're eating healthy food, exercising your body, and the weight will come off. You know those last 5-10 lb. are the hardest!
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself exercising or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby Beaching It » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi Chris, I have a great schedule right now because I work 8-4, then my classes start at 4:30 and the 2 gyms I go to are within 5-10 minutes of my work. Then I burn it home, and DH either cooks or gets the kids from after school program or vice versa... so we all arrive home at 6 and someone has made dinner. Perfect!! Took many years to get to this lovely point with the kids. :mrgreen:

So yesterday went like this:
B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with lean ham, lf cheese, spinach, pepper
S: almonds, latte nf
L: spinach salad with x-lean taco ground beef;
S: apple, cream cheese with celery
D: greek salad with dressing on side, chicken, greek bread with taziki
S: NSA choc pudding with cool whip
Exercise: 60 minute BodyJam

So today, DS's entire hockey team is coming over for the afternoon to play street hockey. They close our street to traffic for a winter festival we have here. DD also has 4 friends coming so it will be crazy!! Hot chocolate and chips for them all... almonds for me. :wink:

Did I tell you all I'm going to a women's retreat next weekend - kind of a yoga/meditation/spirtual weekend away, with a good friend of mine. Have to fly to her city (Toronto) and drive to Niagara Falls on Friday - Sunday. Anyway, she's one of the organizers and she asked me to teach a Zumba class on the Saturday!!

So I put together a 50 minute routine, but have to practice!!! I have the moves and music down, just need to perfect it! Fun!!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby Chris55 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:22 am

Wow, Lisa! I'm very envious of your women's retreat! We went to Niagara Falls about 10 years ago and loved it. We especially loved the little town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Absolutely gorgeous. Teaching your own Zumba class will be fun. Maybe you have a new career ahead of you, or at least a way to get your exercise in for free by teaching classes!

It sounds like you have a great system with your family. I remember trying to get my kids to the point where they could stick dinner in the oven so I could go off to my second shift job a few nights a week. Unfortunately my darling husband has always worked 10-hour days and was never reliably home before 6:30, so he never really started cooking. But he cleans the kitchen every night so I'm very grateful for that. It does take great organizational skills to do what you're doing.

Your winter carnival sounds like a lot of fun. We don't really have snow here and even the ponds haven't frozen reliably this year. They just cancelled an ice fishing festival on one of the big lakes for the first time due to lack of ice.
Chris55

Postby Beaching It » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:40 pm

We have the longest skating rink in the world here. It's our canal that runs through our downtown core and it's miles and miles. We are very fortunate to live right beside it so we are very very blessed!!! I realize that every day when I see the thousands of cars driving down to enjoy the skating and the festival we have, and we get to walk outside our door and enjoy it anytime we want. :-)

So the party was crazy. I think the whole team showed up so TONS of 9 year old boys here, plus 5 girls... It was fun, but loud and tiring. It was good when they all left and DS went to his b-day party. Neil and I took Starr and her 2 friends out for dinner, so that was nice. Some of those potato chips made their way into my mouth, but other than that it was a beachy day. Also got to practice my Zumba class before they all came and will do so again today. Sweated like crazy!

Yesterday went like this:

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with lean ham, lf cheese, spinach peppers
L: greek salad with chicken, dressing on side
S: a few chips (not too many)
D: beef burger with lots of veggies, caesar salad
S: BBB with nf cool whip
Exercise: 40 minute Zumba

Today off to the 'Princess Ball' at our community center with DD. FUN!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Beaching It

Postby JeffInJax » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Hey lisa,

Thanks for stopping by and keeping my journal warm, sounds like you've had your hands full quite a bit these past few days! A hockey party filled with 9 year olds...well, im suprised you had the energy and motivation to still practice your zumba. Your friend made a good choice by picking you to do a zumba class and knowing you, im sure you couldnt of been happier to do it :) I hope you have an awesome time at the retreat, im sure it'll be relaxing and enjoyable.
Start : Nov 3rd, 2009
Starting Weight: 335
Height: 6'6"
GWl #1: 300 REACHED 12-21-2009
GW #2: 280 REACHED 2-15-2011
GW #3: 275 Reached: 8/29/2011
GW #4: 250 Reached 3/15/2012
Final Goal (Probably): 225 TBD
CW: 247.5
87.5 pounds gone
JeffInJax

PreviousNext