Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

starting again in the new year

First phase of South Beach Diet

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

starting again in the new year

Postby karma75 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:31 pm

I will be starting south beach phase 1 again January 2 of 2012. I did the whole south beach thing earlier this year and loved it and after some slacking off decided i wanted to get back into the swing of things again. I will be starting from scratch again right from phase 1 with my hubby and welcome anyone out there to join me in this! I always find i feel so much better when i start and would love to get/offer support to others! so who's with me? :D
karma75

Re: starting again in the new year

Postby Krismiss » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Right there with you. I started South Beach several years ago, and maintained a healthy lifestyle for a couple years. Then one thing after another happened and I completely fell off the wagon. Now I am back at the company where I worked when I started SBD and I literally have no excuse not to get fit again.

So hold on, here we go!
SW 150lbs 1/8/07 - 142lbs 12/27/11 - 150lbs 4/26/14
GW 125lbs
CW 119lbs 8/23/07 - 142lbs 12/27/11 - 150lbs 4/26/14 :(

Jumping back on the wagon before I get ran over.
Krismiss

Postby markwarren » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 pm

I'm going to start next week as well. I'm starting on Monday, 1/2. Saturday will be a late night and I don't see myself eating properly Sunday morning, so I think it is best to start with a good chance of success on Monday. I'm looking to lose 10-15 pounds over the next couple of months, but I really am looking forward to changing my eating habits. They aren't terrible, but definitely have gotten a little out of hand lately.

Patrick
markwarren

Postby sanaylor » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:34 pm

I am starting on Monday as well. I did this last year for a few months, but was also doing P90X and don't think I was eating enough to get the results i wanted. It started out well until we started doing P90X. Went on a hiatus during a vacation and never got back on the wagon. Now, it's time to make some life long changes and do it right. Can't wait to get started.
sanaylor

Postby nankatfog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:14 pm

I also will be starting again on ther 2nd. I have been off and on this diet for years. I just get lazy :( But no more. I am at my highest weight ever :shock:
Hopefully we can all stick together and lose together :)
nankatfog
nankatfog

Postby Chattahoochee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 am

I will be starting again as well. I weighed 235 the first time I did this and got down to 188. I never felt better in my life. After I get through the first 3 days of phase 1, I'm good to go and then phase 2 is not a problem for me - usually lose 1 lb a week. I have already downloaded tons of new recipes so I don't get bored. Time to hit the grocery store this weekend and hit the ground running Monday! This diet really works well for me but I always have to remember: phase 3 doesn't mean to eat like I did before the diet! :D (Not really a diet, but a new way to eat for life.) Good luck! 41 yr old male / SW-205 GW-180
Chattahoochee

Postby Mustangsally3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:02 pm

My Husband and I are going to start Jan 1st ! We are both looking to shed some pounds and show our kids a healtier lifestyle filled with Veggies instead of cookies and treats ! Sometimes its easier to give them that than you cut up fresh veggies BUT That is going to change ! We will be doing this for the first time and our challenge is going to be that he is a Long Haul Truck Driver , so packing healthy lunces and ordering healthy truck stop choices is going to be key for him ! Any Advice from the people doing it the second or third time ?
CW - 180
GW -150
Mustangsally3

Postby carmey012 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:50 pm

I will be starting up again in the new year. I was following this a few months ago and things just seemed to get out of control. This time my boyfriend will be following with me so it will be helpful to have him on board. I wish everyone the best of luck, and hopefully we'll all keep in touch throughout our journeys!
carmey012

Postby carmey012 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Mustangsally3 wrote:My Husband and I are going to start Jan 1st ! We are both looking to shed some pounds and show our kids a healtier lifestyle filled with Veggies instead of cookies and treats ! Sometimes its easier to give them that than you cut up fresh veggies BUT That is going to change ! We will be doing this for the first time and our challenge is going to be that he is a Long Haul Truck Driver , so packing healthy lunces and ordering healthy truck stop choices is going to be key for him ! Any Advice from the people doing it the second or third time ?
CW - 180
GW -150

I also have a similar problem with my boyfriend. He works doing HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and he is often stuck in his van driving to and from locations. The majority of the time I pack him a sandwich with some snacks and he eats it throughout the day. However, during phase 1 we won't be able to have any breads. Does anyone have advice on lunch foods that can be eaten on the road (preferably not salads since he doesn't like them and its hard to eat a salad and drive lol).

Thanks!
carmey012

Postby jleaustin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Dh and me are starting on the 2 Jan. I did this a couple years ago and lost 10lbs in a month. I am wanting to lose 30 lbs and dh is wanting to lose 40. I am at my highest weight ever. We need to show our daughter I better way to eat. Not only do I want to lose weight, I want to feel better and healthier. I think this time it will be easier since dh is doing it with me. He seems to sabotage me when I do it by myself. I need to get to the store and buy some good snacks so I won't be going to the vending machine at work. I usually make my own lunches so that shouldn't be a problem. I just really want to be healthier and have more energy.
Jen

SW: 150.0
CW: 150.0
GW: 118.0
jleaustin

Postby Cel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Hubby and I are starting again in the new year too. Did SB together two years ago and each lost 25 lbs. However, we moved out of country and started new jobs and things, exercise and habits got off track. Both determined to get on the wagon again as we enjoyed the SB eating style. It worked for us very well. Unfortunately, we now live on a carribean island (well not that unfortunate) and the foods we loved are difficult to get here or outrageously expensive so one will have to be disciplined!

Have ordered the World's Biggest Loser Yoga and will be doing this along with SB. Good luck to everyone!
SW 161
CW 155.5
GW 145
Cel

Postby bettieboop » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Me too.

Had a superb SB breakfast. I've made the Vegetable Quiche Cups for later this week.

One bite at a time.

Good luck to all of us.
bettie

5'1" 58 yo
SW: 189 January 1, 2012
CW: 168.5 May 30, 2012
GW: 120 (Maybe)
Northern WI

In a perfect world Oceana County Michigan Asparagus would be in my refrigerator every day
bettieboop

Postby nankatfog » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Mustangsally3 wrote:
My Husband and I are going to start Jan 1st ! We are both looking to shed some pounds and show our kids a healtier lifestyle filled with Veggies instead of cookies and treats ! Sometimes its easier to give them that than you cut up fresh veggies BUT That is going to change ! We will be doing this for the first time and our challenge is going to be that he is a Long Haul Truck Driver , so packing healthy lunces and ordering healthy truck stop choices is going to be key for him ! Any Advice from the people doing it the second or third time ?
CW - 180
GW -150

I also have a similar problem with my boyfriend. He works doing HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and he is often stuck in his van driving to and from locations. The majority of the time I pack him a sandwich with some snacks and he eats it throughout the day. However, during phase 1 we won't be able to have any breads. Does anyone have advice on lunch foods that can be eaten on the road (preferably not salads since he doesn't like them and its hard to eat a salad and drive lol).

Instead of bread you can always use lettuce. That's what I used to do. I got really tired of eating salads everyday so I would make a sandwich with lettuce instead of bread with all the fixings in between :)
nankatfog
nankatfog

Postby ROBIN61 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:37 pm

My name is Robin I am starting January 2, 2012. This is not my first time on South beach went on vacation in August and never came back. I felt great felt good about myself. I started at 258.6 and was at 230. I will weigh in tomorrow morning. We can help keep each other motivated . I am at this moment. Went to the store today and spent 160.00 getting things I need. I AM READY WHO IS WITH ME? ROBIN
ROBIN61

Postby rm1026912 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 am

hi - my name is rose and i would love to join you ! this is my first attempt at trying the south beach diet....i hope you don't mind my questions ...all i can say now is how nervous i am to start on phase 1...i love carbs and feel that without them i will be so lost and miserable...wish me luck !!
rm1026912

Next

Return to Phase 1 Discussion