With football season here there are way too many “American food” temptations around! Here’s a recipe for a healthier version of everyone’s favorite food….hamburgers!Ingredients:
½ lb. Lean Ground Beef
4 Portabella Mushroom Caps
2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
¼ Tsp Onion powder
Butter Non-Stick Cooking SPpay
Salt and PepperDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. Spray mushroom caps and aluminum foil baking sheet with non-stick butter cooking spray and season with salt and pepper
3.Place mushroom caps in the oven for 12 minutes
4. Beat an egg in a bowl and add in chopped leek, Worcestershire, flaxseed meal, garlic, onion, salt and pepper
5. Add ground beef to mixture and mix with your hands until evenly distributed.
6.This recipe makes 2 burgers so divide the meat mixture in half and roll and form into 2 patties
7. Turn Skillet to medium heat and cook about 5 minutes each side.
8.Place cooked burgers on mushroom caps and top with your favorite cheese.
9.Place the burgers back in the oven for about a minute to let the cheese melt.
10. Remove from oven, top with second mushroom cap and enjoy!
For the macro nutrient breakdown and other delicious low carb recipes check out http://www.sinorslim.com