Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

No weight loss on Phase 1?

Have you tried the South Beach Diet? Share your experience here.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: No weight loss on Phase 1?

Postby Kimboroni » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 pm

You need to examine what you might have added, or how you added it, that could have brought back the cravings. For instance, they recommend not adding fruit at breakfast when you first start p2. You might not need to go back to p1, but just fix the problem food.
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby mamamorgan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 pm

No fruit for breakfast? I will have to give that a try. When I do eat fruit, it is usually for breakfast, lol. Maybe I will have to work it in as an afternoon snack?
Started SB on 6/17/11
SW: 148
CW: 142
GW: 125
mamamorgan

Postby Kimboroni » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:20 pm

That would be a good idea for now until your body adjusts to it.
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby mamamorgan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Thank you for all of your help!
Started SB on 6/17/11
SW: 148
CW: 142
GW: 125
mamamorgan

Postby jollygirl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Do you drink plenty of water? U need to flush out your system and helps with digestion
jollygirl

Postby Marei » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 pm

You have probably lost all the weight you wanted by now :) , but I have just seen your post and it ocurred to me: Maybe you did loose bodyfat but did not notice that on the scales because at the same time you built up muscles?

You said you were exercising a lot and felt more toned so maybe that is why. Muscles weigh more than fat, so you might be loosing lots of fat and still not loose a pound in total because of muscles building up. If you want to be sure you can measure your bodyfat percentage - I'm sure it's fabulous by now and you are all toned muscles :).

I'm not loosing weight either, I'm on day 7 of phase 1. I'm not exercising a lot though, so it can't be the reason of building up muscles instead of fat - unfortunately.. :wink: I just ride my bike to work 15 minutes in the morning and 15 in the evening, or do 30 minutes of pilates at home on the weekend. Maybe I don't loose weight because of the other reasons you guys mentioned on the forum: I weigh 175 lb and only want to loose 20 lb, just like you. I have been eating pretty healthy before and relatively low carb, low sugar (with exception of some ice cream or chocolate cookie binge now and then).

Still it has been a week and nothing... I'm wondering if maybe I eat too much, even if I eat all the right things?

For example, I love to eat nf "Quark" (the equivalent to nf ricotta here in Germany) for breakfast, but instead of eating 2 ounces I eat about 5 ounces. Although 5 ounces only have roughly (I'm converting from German measures): 70 kcal, 12 g protein, 5,3 g carbs and 0,3 g fat - so that shouldn't be bad, right? I add a handful of blueberrys or half an apple (I know fruits are only allowed in phase 2 but I can't live without fruits so I made this adjustment). And in addition, I would eat 1 or 2 scrambled eggs with a cup of vegetables and a tsp of oil. Is that, as a total, to much for one meal?

Do you guys have any advise for me?
Marei

Previous

Return to South Beach Diet experience, success stories, result..