Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

tired

Weight loss and other issues that don't quite fit in anywhere else. Off-topic welcome - just keep it nice!

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

tired

Postby Michelem21 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:19 pm

So I am on the third day and I am so tired!!! What is up with this? I have not lost a pound either.
anyone one have any suggestions?
Michelem21

Re: tired

Postby Kimboroni » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm

It's really too soon to be weighing yourself. But if you'd like a look at your menus to see if something can help with the tiredness, you can post a couple of typical days. Around day 3 or 4 people can start to experience symptoms of accidentally going low carb and/or low fat (SB is neither).
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby RedRox » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 am

I'd try consuming more of the allowed types of dairy, beans/legumes, and vegetables per the limits and minimums found in the P1 foods to enjoy list and the menu planning guidelines topic (how to adapt your meal plan) which can be found as links in the P1 FAQ topic near the top of the P1 forum here.
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby Sdmom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 am

I am tired also and get headaches most days. I am on day 6 of phase 1. Here is what I eat most days:

Breakfast
2 eggs w a little lf cheese, 1tomato, 1/4 cup black beans, coffee with truvia unsweetened almond milk, sf vanilla syrup

Snack nonfat plain Greek yogurt, truvia dash of vanilla extract, 1/4cup nuts

Lunch
2cups veggies (grilled w olive oil) with chicken, 1/4 cup avocado

Snack
Hummus w celery

Dinner
Chicken w 2 cups veggies cooked in olive oil

Dessert nonfat plain Greek yogurt w truvia and 1/4 cup nuts

Does my food look okay? I have no energy and get headaches. Have only lost 1 pound and I am exercising too.

Any advice on my meal plan would be much appreciated!
Sdmom

Postby Kimboroni » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Are you including any beans/legumes as part of your 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner? It's highly recommended to do so.

Also, while Greek yogurt is allowed, it is higher in protein and lower in carbs than regular plain yogurt, so you don't get as much benefit from the good carbs in dairy. Try switching at least one of those yogurts to either regular plain (FF or lowfat, of course) or a glass of skim or 1% milk.
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby Sdmom » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Wow-that helps a lot-thanks! I will try all your suggestions :)
Sdmom

Postby Queenotu » Sun May 22, 2011 6:21 pm

I would say it sounds like you aren't getting nearly enough fiber and not enough variety. Try to add a variety of proteins, feeling tired is a sign you are not getting enough energy from what you are eating. Eating different veggies including leafy greens will help. I also take fiber everyday (I take Walgreens brand fiber caplets with calcium) and drink lots of water. This helps your body absorb and process what you are eating. 2% String Cheese and Nuts are great snacks that keep me going, give me energy and help me to feel full between meals. It also keeps your metabolism up when you are eating at regular intervals. I find I lose more weight on the days I don't skip any meals or snacks then the days I do! Good luck!
Queenotu

Postby SBMiss » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 am

I think Queenotu has pointed out some good things for you to check. Skipping meals is never a good idea in my opinion. Always remember to eat regularly, Good luck!
SBMiss

Return to General Chat