This soup is very delicious and easy to make!
1 cup onion (diced)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cellery (diced)
2 cartons chicken broth (low salt)
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp parsley (dried or fresh)
1/4 cup pot barley
2/3 cup carrots (shredded)
1 cup cashews (raw)
2 cup water
1 1/2 cup cauliflower (chopped fine)
1. In a large pot saute onions in olive oil until transparent.
2. Add the cartons of chicken broth; seasonings and bring to a boil.
3. Add parsley, celery, barley, carrots, and simmer on low until cooked.
4. Rinse raw cashews quickly with hot boiling water --- drain. Add 2 cups of water to a blender and add the cashews. Blend until creamy and smooth. This is cashew
5. Add the cashew milk to soupstock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat.
6. Add the finely chopped cauliflower. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy. Serves 6.
Note: The same soup recipe is good with "Butternut Sqaush" instead of Cauliflower.