Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

HELP ME PLEASEEE

First phase of South Beach Diet

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

HELP ME PLEASEEE

Postby doushi_egyptian » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Guys is it normal to feel BLOATED that much on the first day . I feel like my tummy is going to explode . Here's what I had for the day

Breakfast : 2 Eggs ( omlet ) with mushroom and 2 slices low fat gouda cheese ( shredded ) + 1 DECAF Nescafee with coffee mate ( 1 tsp)

Snack : Skipped

Lunch : 2 small artichokes + 1 chicken breast + 1 Diet pepsi

Snack : Shredded Cappuchi + 1 Slice Low fat Swiss Cheese Shredded + caesar Salad dressing <3 gm sugars ( Low fat )

till now i had 1 small bottle of water

Is it normal to feel SOOOOO BLOATED !
doushi_egyptian

Re: HELP ME PLEASEEE

Postby Magna » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:26 pm

What is Cappucchi?
Male
Magna

Postby doushi_egyptian » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:30 pm

cabbage
doushi_egyptian

Postby Magna » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Your bloating could be caused by a lot of things, including a change in eating patterns or too much of certain types of foods like cheese. But your choice of food doesn't look adequate to me. It's all protein (meat, cheese), a few vegetables, and a few sugar-free drinks. You're also eating foods that aren't particularly good, like creamer and lowfat dressing. You're eating no snacks, no good fats, no dairy (milk or yogurt), no nuts or seeds, and no beans. It looks more like a low-carb diet than SBD.

Have a look at the phase 1 FAQ page:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26395

There are links on that page to the phase 1 "foods to enjoy" list and the "how to adapt your meal plan" meal-planning template. The template should help you plan better meals.
Male
Magna

Postby doushi_egyptian » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 pm

I thought I couldn't have any dairy ( milk etc .. ) and even if i could , i'm kind of lactose intolerant , so I can't have alot of milk anyway . I didnt have much veggies cause seriously I can't stand the sight of food today , I can't EAT .. I feel sooooooo fulll .

The dressing I had is just for taste .. I can't possibly make myself eat viggies without any dressing .

Thank you for your reply =)
doushi_egyptian

Postby Magna » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

First: you posted this question twice. It's not necessary to post the same thing in different sections of the board. I will delete the identical question you posted in the phase 1 discussion area, and move this discussion to the phase 1 area.

Second: if you're lactose intolerant, maybe eating all three slices of cheese is causing a problem for you.

Third: Read the links I posted, please. The questions you are asking about milk and dairy are answered in the phase 1 "foods to enjoy" list and meal-planning template I suggested that you read. Those two pages also talk about good fats (such as salad dressing). There is also a link to a discussion about salad dressing on the phase 1 FAQ page.
Male
Magna

Postby Kimboroni » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Cabbage can cause bloating.

Just to clarify what Magna was saying about dressing, you can have dressing. It's just that low-fat and fat-free dressings usually aren't so good for the plan. Definitely check out the info he posted.
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby Southern_Charm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Yeah, dont give up just play around with your foods and see if its just one particular thing causing you this. I generally had that problem at times with "old foods" and ways of eating due to Gall bladder issues... but Ive actually done really well with this diet. No real complainable digestive issues and I was so afraid I would have.

Id check on the too much cheeses. and that Cabbage could well be the culprit. Im trying to use veggies like that and brocolli etc in not too exessive amounts at once and maybe spread them out so that its not too much of an overload on certain veggies that cause these issues. But hang in there with it!
Southern_Charm

Return to Phase 1 Discussion