Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads)
| Home :: South Beach Diet |
Food List |
Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)
Share your favourite recipes here.
Moderators: Magna, Kimboroni, SBMike, RonniRoo, bethy
I was recently craving pizza and decided to try tempeh as a crust subsitute... lo and behold, it worked, and it was really good too!
Take note, if you're uncomfortable with the interesting texture of tempeh, you probably wont be too into this.
1. Take your tempeh cake and heat it up in the toaster oven until soft enough to cut (I use turtle island food co. brand) and cut it down the middle (lengthwise) to create two thin squares.
2. Toast or bake one of the thin tempeh squares until lightly brown, but still soft.
3. Remove it and cover with about 2 T no sugar added marinara or tomato sauce and serving of shredded low fat mozzarella + whatever toppings interest you.
4. Return to the toaster oven or over until cheese it melted.
5. It's done! My preference is to cut this square in half again and save the other half for later, but consume it as you like.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:32 am
Return to South Beach Diet Recipe and Food Area
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests