Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Biggest Loser Challengers

Anything related to exercise here.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Biggest Loser Challengers

Postby pamcakes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Today's last chance workout was like any other workout, unfortunately. I felt a tiny bit of pain in my knee, so I couldn't do as much running. Instead, I upped the incline and did interval walking at various speeds. On the other hand, I'm expanding the types of arm weights and using different machines, so I'm working out more muscles :)
SW: 225 (Jan 5, 2010)
CW: 195 (Nov 1, 2010)
pamcakes

Postby pamcakes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Happy Wednesday! After watching the show last night, I decided to see if I could run 5 min at 5.0 on the treadmill this morning (I'm all about personal challenges and my cardio endurance is nonexistent). I did it! Then I did interval run:walk after my 5 min run for a total of 27 min. Whew! I don't think I could ever survive even one routine that Bob and Jillian put the contestants through.

How is your week going, fitness buddies?
pamcakes

Postby food-lover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:04 am

Oh Pamcakes I'm completely with you on that - I don't know if they go through "work up" training before they go on the show but I can't believe that they can do all that training from doing nothing, which I assume most of them haven't done much before starting on their BL journey.

I feel I've had a workout just watching them!
SW - 268 (14/1/10)
HW - 275
CW - 256 (16/3/10)
food-lover

Postby pamcakes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:23 pm

A good point, food-lover! It makes me respect them all the more for making such a huge life change .. like us! :)

A rainy Saturday here in Los Angeles. I have been good and gone to the gym every day, but unfortunately fell off the food wagon for the last two days - I ate a lot of salty snacks. I'm ashamed to admit that the scale showed +3 lbs this morning, but I'm hoping that it's mostly water retention. Back onto P1 for a few days to see if I can save myself from falling below the yellow line on Tuesday. :oops: Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!
pamcakes

Postby CelticGem » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Good morning active losers,

I have to admit that I've been a little lazy these last few days. Going to the cottage last week end really effected my routine even though I did go for a long walk on Saturday. The good news is that I recognize this and am working hard to get re-motivated. Yesterday I worked out with friends and did an hour on the treadmill. Now that I have started moving again, I'm determined to make this day count as well. More good news, I'm back to my pre-cottage weight so I'm determined to be a loser this week.
CelticGem

New Beginning - Jan 5th, 2010
CelticGem

Postby pamcakes » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:25 am

Nowhere to go but down, Celtic! :) You can do it!

Although it's TOM, I've been increasing my running and decreasing my walking times as well as expanding the weight machines. I think I will have to up my overall running time soon from 30 min to 45 min next week .. somehow I feel like my body is adjusting and getting more efficient with my current routine. :|
pamcakes

Postby Vb_Seattle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:34 am

Hello losers,

Okay, after close to 3 weeks, I finally went to the gym again (missed the gym due to illness, then vacation, then TOM)..
I did the elliptical for about 15 min, and did a bunch of upper chest and abdomen exercises. To my surprise, I was able to do the same weights I had worked up to, before the 3-week hiatus. Anyway, felt great all day today.

Woo hoo!
5' 6", Mini Goal = 133lbs
Vb_Seattle

Postby pamcakes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Yay Vb_Seattle! Glad you are returning to the gym - hope you are feeling better. Just keep moving! :)

Usually I do interval running and walking, but on Wednesday, I ran for 10 min straight between 5.0 and 5.2 mph! Then at 5 min intervals with 2 min rest in between, for up to 50 minutes. I didn't feel tired then, but I am sure feeling it now. But returned to the gym on Thursday and again this morning. Leaving for a cruise to Mexico on Sunday morning, but I'm planning on taking full advantage of the gym there :) Here's to keeping motivated!
pamcakes

Postby food-lover » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:48 am

Have a wonderful wonderful time Pamcakes - you sound really motivated and I'm sure you'll remain strong on the trip.

I've been laid up all weekend again with my back. I guess I went at it with the walking again just too quickly and I'm in a lot of pain now. I think I have to give up the walking for a while but I'm going to make an effort to try and get back to swimming this week and see if that helps.
SW - 268 (14/1/10)
HW - 275
CW - 256 (16/3/10)
food-lover

Postby Vb_Seattle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks Pamcakes, hope you are having fun on the cruise and in Mexico!
food-lover, I hope you feel better soon.. love your spirit of trying swimming...

Last saturday, went to Vancouver to check out the Olympics scene - beautiful, and was on my feet most of the day..

Today hit the gym again - 20 min on the elliptical (even thought my feet were still hurting a bit from saturday) and a bunch of weight machines - shoulder and abdominal, with low weights and high reps.

CelticGem, havent heard from you in this forum since a while...

Have a fun week, losers!
Vb_Seattle

Postby food-lover » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:45 am

Oh wow Vb_Seattle - very jealous of the Vancouver visit. I've been glued to Eurosport morning and night. They're been great games and the weather looks fabulous over there.

The back is still my main focus at the moment and I'm now on a course of anti-inflammatory injections. I'm having a back and neck x-ray today and an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow. I'm not sure what he's going to suggest but I hope it's not surgery as I'm really not happy to have to go under the knife.

Hope everyone's had a good week - my sport has been in mind and spirit with the Olympic athletes :lol:
SW - 268 (14/1/10)
HW - 275
CW - 256 (16/3/10)
food-lover

Postby Vb_Seattle » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Vancouver was great - the atmosphere was really special :-)

food-lover, hope your appointment went well. wishing the best for you!

Been to the gym twice so far this week, and feeling pretty good..
Vb_Seattle

Postby food-lover » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 am

I'm pleased to say that I've dropped my TOM weight so back down to what I was before weigh in this week.

My x-ray shows that I have degeneration of vertebrae in my neck and lower back. I now have to have a CT but he didn't mention surgery yet. He did say that I should start alternative treatment such as chiropractic which I was really pleased to hear - it means he's not going to go straight for the knife if he can avoid it - brilliant news.

Today I'll have my final injection but I'm basically back on my feet and hopefully this will keep me going - I just want to get to Venice next weekend and enjoy it without the worry of having to lie in bed the whole time.
SW - 268 (14/1/10)
HW - 275
CW - 256 (16/3/10)
food-lover

Postby Vb_Seattle » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Food-lover - good to know your doc and you are exploring alternatives...
Have fun in Venice - its a beautiful place and time of the year to be there!
Vb_Seattle

Postby food-lover » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:17 am

thanks Vb-Seattle - I'm back on my feet and just trying to do everything possible to stay that way until the trip at the end of this week. I'll be exploring all the options as soon as I get back.

Have a great week everyone.
SW - 268 (14/1/10)
HW - 275
CW - 256 (16/3/10)
food-lover

PreviousNext

Return to Fitness and Exercise Forum