Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Postby Beaching It » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't made it in here yet, but after a 2 1b gain on week 1 of P2, I thought it was time I start journalling.

P1 was great for me. I followed it to perfection and lost 8 1bs in 2 weeks (woo hoo)!!! My cravings left after 2 days and I felt pretty good the entire time. On P2, I started adding an apple in the afternoon for snack (along with a PB cookie), then on day 4, I added a whole grain with dinner (not every night but most). I thought I did really well, but it didn't show on the scale. That's okay because I really dislike the scale and the number that sometimes does not accurately reflect what's really going on.

Today is the beginning of week 2 in P2 and I will continue doing what I did last week to see if the scale budges next Monday for my weekly weigh in. Here's today's food intake:

Monday:

B: 2 egg omellette with red/green peppers, onion, lf ham, lf cheese; water, coffee with skim milk;
S: part skim cheese string;
L: club sandwich made with 2 slices of whole wheat bread (threw out one slice and sprinkled real chicken over green salad, with oil and vinegar dressing) - was out with DH and stopped at a pub.... Diet Pepsi;
S: not hungry
D: green salad with low sugar ranch dressing and x-lean ground taco beef; lf cheese; water;
S: a few grapes and PB cookie with small dollop of ff cool whip; caffeine free tea.

I've been feeling kind of flu-like today - really tired and no energy so I'm going to bed early for some much needed rest.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 1 - 145 by cruise November 2014
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Re: Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Postby joesuzzi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 am

Big CONGRATS on starting your journal.........you will find that it holds you accountable and it really helps to see what you ate each day.
Also....as Gramma always says....."your journal is cheap therapy !!!"
Welcome to the journal board.......and enjoy your walk on the beach :D
NEW Start date: 1/16/11
SW: 190
CW: 185
GW: 160

59 yr old TX Nana
Raising 1 hubby, 1 grandson, 1 schnauzer & 1 rotten cat !
joesuzzi

Postby ssaritha » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:14 pm

8lbs on phase 1 is awesome, congrats!!! Journaling is soo good, I am also trying to get back on journaling everyday whether on plan or not, so makes me aware of the choices I make. We will be here routing for you, we can all do this!! Good luck!!
ssaritha

Postby Beaching It » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:42 am

Thanks guys. Today was a rough day. I think I have a flu or something. Chills and pounding headache everytime I cough. Spent most of the day in bed. :(

Didn't feel much like eating today but here's what I got in me:

B: 1 egg, lf ham, lf cheese, water, coffee and milk;
L: veggie soup with 1 ww toast and lf cheese, 1 cup of ff milk;
S: apple;
D: veggie soup;
S: peanut butter/fudgsicle frozen treat.

Not a great range but at least I ate some food today.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby girlbop » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 am

Hey Beach

Sorry you aren't feeling well :( Welcome to the journal board though!
5ft 9in Started SB Aug 10, 2009
SW: 185
CW: 176
IG: 165
GW: 155
girlbop

Postby Beaching It » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:14 am

Thanks Girlbop. Today was a better day. No pounding headache or chills so went back to work. Definitely have some kind of cold but can function and eat. :D

B: 2 egg omelette with peppers/onion, lf cheese, lf ham, water, coffee with skim milk;
S: cheese string;
L: green salad with lite feta, x-lean taco ground beef, low sugar ranch dressing, Starbucks skim milk latte;
S: apple, 2 PB cookies (p1 recipe);
D: large green salad with feta, lebanese chicken, oil and vinegar dressing, small amount of garlic sauce, 1/2 ww pita;
S: fudgsicle.

Feeling pretty good but my 4 & 7 year old told me I look fat today... that kind of sucked!!! :cry: Still avoiding the scale.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:44 am

Today is Day 11 of P2 and I'm feeling very good. We had 2 parties at work yesterday and today and both included cake and donuts. I didn't have any thought of going to get something. Not one thought. It was like the option was not even there. Very, very cool!!!!

Menu today was:

b: 2 egg omelette with peppers/onion, lf ham, lf cheese, water, coffee with ff milk;\
s: cheese string
L: green salad with x-lean taco ground beef, chick peas, low sugar ranch dressing;
S: apple with PB cookies
D: 1 low fat chicken hot dog with ww tortilla wrap, lf cheese, green salad with chick peas, oil and vinegar dressing,
S: pb/fudsicle frozen treat.

A little over on the PB today but hey... nothing major. Also, first hot dog I've had and I really enjoyed it!!! Especially in the whole wheat tortilla. delicious! :D
Wore a suit jacket today at work that actually buttoned up.... wow!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby mrsgjr » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi Beaching It! Sounds like you're on your way. Keep it up and stay focused...keep us posted as we're here for ya :wink:

Wishing you a Happy, Safe, SB friendly holiday weekend :!: 8)
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

Highest & SB SW: 162.8, 6.15.09
CW: 139.4, 8.18.14
GW: 130 in 90 days
mrsgjr

Postby Beaching It » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks mrsgjr!

Today was good.I planned to eat out at lunch because I got tired of packing my lunch every day. I also made the black bean brownies tonight and although they aren't mind-blowing, they're not bad with ff cool whip!!

B: (same old same old) - 2 egg omelette with peppers/onion, lf cheese, lf ham, water, coffee with ff milk;
S: cheese string;
L: Wendys green salad with chipotole dressing and chili with a little sour cream;
S: apple with PB cookie;
D: big green salad with feta cheese, lebanese chicken, oil & vinegar dressing and small amount of garlic sauce, ww pita;
S: 2 BB brownies with ff cool whip (YUM)

Looking forward to the long weekend with my family. It's gonna be nice and hot here so it should be a good one. Have a great weekend everyone. :D
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 am

Today was a challenging day. Everything that could have gone wrong with our family plans today went wrong. The kids were both whiney and tired all day and I didn't sleep well last night because I was coughing all night, so my patience was very low today. All in all a pretty good food day considering...

B: same omelette as always, water, coffee with milk;
S: 1 BBB;
L: Subway garden salad with ham and shredded cheese, small amount of ranch dressing;
S: cheese string; 15 almonds;
D: Stopped at East Side Marios (unplanned) - chicken wrap (veggies, sauce, tomato tortilla grilled), garden salad with oil & vinegar dressing;
S: 2 BBB with 1/2 banana and ff cool whip.

Hoping to get to sleep tonight. We're off for a family day trip to Kingston tomorrow. I'll pack a lunch and we're eating dinner out again tomorrow night but I know where we're going and they have a great salad bar!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Didn't get to journal yesterday. Got home late from our family day out. It was a long crazy day with some challenges, and I guess my first 'slip up' from the SB way, but i think all in all I did okay:

B: scrambled egg (1 egg/plus eggwhites), 2 diet whole grain toast, marg, water, coffee and ff milk;
L: green salad with chick peas and shrimp, low sugar ranch dressing;
S: banana and pb cookies;
D: Chuck E Cheeses (oh oh)! Salad bar with lots of good stuff but a few of those crunchie yummy crouton like things?, low fat ranch dressing; 1 slice pepperoni pizza (yes the real deal but I was starving and it was yummy)! Some extra pepperoni pieces.

So... not the best choice but not much else to work with at that place. Kids love it there but fortunately it's a 2 hour drive so doesn't happen much more than once a year. :D
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby mrsgjr » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi BeachingIt! Looks like you did well over the holiday weekend. Just thought I'd drop by and say hello and of course catch up on your journal. With that being said, thought I'd post something from YB's journal that is food for thought. Take good care of yourself and wishing you a SB friendly and terrific Tuesday :wink: :!:

yellobeuty wrote:
reading from “Food for Thought”:
Punishing Ourselves
Most of us have been carrying around a load of guilt. We felt guilty about overeating and periodically used dieting as a form of self-punishment. We felt guilty about not being perfect, and we felt guilty unless we said “yes” to everything that everyone expected of us.
In this program, we learn to accept the fact that we are human and not perfect. Through the Steps, we are able to get rid of unnecessary guilt and make a fresh start each day. We do not need to continue to punish ourselves for past mistakes, either by overeating or by denying our legitimate rights as individuals.
Abstinence gives us freedom from compulsive overeating and freedom from self-punishment. We give our bodies what they need, and we also nourish our minds, hearts, and spirits. In or fellowship and in our contact with God as we understand Him, we experience the Power of love which wipes out guilt.
I am glad to learn that self-punishment is no longer necessary.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

Highest & SB SW: 162.8, 6.15.09
CW: 139.4, 8.18.14
GW: 130 in 90 days
mrsgjr

Postby Beaching It » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks mrsgjr.

Today was a good day. Spent the day at the beach with my kids and best friend. Decided to order out tonight and have left overs for lunch tomorrow.

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with peppers/onion, ff ham, lf cheese, water, coffee and ff milk;
L: green salad with shrimp, chick peas, oil & vinegar dressing;
S: banana, pb cookie, cheese string;
D: Greek salad with feta, oil & vinegar dressing, chicken, taziki, whole grain pita;
S: 2 BBB with ff cool whip.

Weighed in this morning and down 1 1b so total of 7 so far in 4 weeks. :lol:
Back to work tomorrow.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:33 am

Moving along in Week 3 of P2 and it's all good. I am slowly adding the third item per day (second grain) every second day.

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with peppers/onion, lf cheese, coffee and skim milk;
L: greek salad with feta cheese, chicken, ww pita with taziki;
S: banana, PB cookies, cheese string (a little later)
D: green salad, x-lean taco ground beef, ww pita, lf cheese, oil & vinegar dressing
S: Fudsicle/PB frozen treat.

My skirt felt quite loose on me today - what a nice feeling that was. :D
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:59 am

Another good day on SB. I did my yoga/pilates class tonight and felt super strong and super slim... 8) Someone asked me if I've lost weight today. Success!!! When the compliments start coming in, I know I'm looking goooooooodddddd!!!

B: 2 super thin-whole grain bread, 1 egg/eggwhite scrambled egg, coffee and ff milk;
L: green salad, chick peas, shrimp, oil & vinegar dressing, cheesestring;
S: Starbucks ff latte, apple
D: green salad, chick peas, lf cheese, x-lean taco ground beef, low sugar ranch dressing
S: 2 BBB, 2 PB cookies with lf cool whip

Yummy and feeling really great today!!! :D
Highest weight - 185
CW - 151.3
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Next

Return to Your Diet Journal