Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Ticker help!

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Ticker help!

Postby MRS_SCHUTTE » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 am

Im trying to post my Ticker for the boards here and I have the BBCode. Im trying to put it in and then I hit preview and it will not show up. Help! :)
MRS_SCHUTTE

Re: Ticker help!

Postby RedRox » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:59 pm

What site are you using? It may be too tall or if you have other text, you may have exceeded the text length allowed. why don't you post it in the body of your reply here and see what it looks like and I can probably get an idea of where you are going wrong as well.
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby jojaizavra » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 am

Instead of preview hit submit
SW 205 lbs(Aug.31/09)
CW 142 lbs(Feb.11/10)
GW 130 lbs
jojaizavra

Postby signora » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:43 am

I went to ticker central and everything is fine except in my signature the web site shows up. when i click it the ticker is there. how do i get it in the signature part?
signora

Postby RedRox » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 am

That's because all you put into your signature is the URL to the ticker image itself. The board software doesn't know what to do with it other than it can identify it as a link and make it clickable. You need the full code suitable for a phpBB bulletin board that not only includes the URL but the surrounding code that tells the system to display the image and make it clickable back to the tickercentral site if you click on the image. The full code should look something like this:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.tickercentral.com][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/ajic/1.png[/img][/url]

which should produce this:

Note however that unless the limitations on ticker height was relaxed by the board owner, that image may be too tall to be displayed and you might see text in red that it exceeds the 60 pixel height limitation. If that is the case you will need to find a different site with thinner images/rulers. There is a topic in this technical issues area of one site I found that has ruler images thin enough to still work with the new image height limitations.

RedRox

Postby xdunlapx » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm trying to add my ticker from tickercentral.com and it keeps telling me my image can only be 60 pixels high. I know it's not that big... I have followed the directiosn to a T and turned on the specific settings in my control panel and disabled "disable bbcode" in the signature area. Yet it still wont accept my ticker. This was the second ticker i made since the other ticker wasn't working either. GRR Why won't it work???

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.tickercentral.com][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/amco/1.png[/img][/url]
Start month: November 2011
Start weight: 378
Current weight: 369
Goal weight: 150
xdunlapx

Postby RedRox » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:18 pm

I think you should have bbcode enabled, not disabled.

IME, pretty much all tickercentral tickers are too tall for this site's limitations. the code looks good though as it produces the ticker fine within the body of the message where there is no 60 pixel limitation.

FWIW, I went to "view image info" option (might be view properties in different browsers) after right clicking on your image and it says it is 70 pixels high, so it does in fact exceed the 60 pixel limit.

RedRox

Postby xdunlapx » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 am

I tried everything I could think of to make this ticker work. I gave up and am just putting my info in my signature and updating it every so often. *sigh* Doesn't work with either of my tickers, from different sites. So I don't know how other people got their ticker to work in their signature but I just can't find a way to make it work.
Start month: November 2011
Start weight: 378
Current weight: 369
Goal weight: 150
xdunlapx

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement