Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Question about icons

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Question about icons

Postby groovin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Pardon me if this is in a very obvious place but I tried several times and couldn't find it.

I'm wondering what the icons on the left side of the board mean. I can figure out a couple (Information and sticky) but am clueless about the rest.

Thanks in advance.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening - Alexander Woollcott

It Is Finished - Jesus Christ
groovin

Re: Question about icons

Postby RedRox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:53 pm

I thought it might be in the board FAQ here (the FAQ link with the question mark in the balloon next to Members on the right side of the User Control Panel heading line), but didn't see it.

Here is how I think the basics work.
* Announcements have the information script "i" within a circle icon.
* Stickies have a lightbulb icon with an exclamation point in them.
* If you have ever participated in a topic, you see a red star in the upper right corner of the standard topic icon (circle with text in the middle of it.)
* If there has been activity in a topic since the last time you were online here, the icon is red. This carries through to a higher level at the Board Index level as well as the sub-forum icon will also be red if there is new activity anywhere in that forum since you last visited.
* Scrolling text within the message icon indicates a more active topic with either more posts overall or more posts within a certain time frame. I'm unsure of the specific metrics the phpBB software uses to switch from static text in the icon to scrolling text, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is meant to indicate.

Did I miss any others you were curious about?
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby groovin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 pm

One more, when there's a little blue arrow pointing to the upper left hand corner in the icon? It says 'moved topic' but not sure what that means.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening - Alexander Woollcott

groovin

Postby RedRox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 pm

ahhh... good one! :shock: As moderators we can move topics from one forum to another when we feel it is misplaced in the wrong forum. When we "move" it, we have an option to leave a "shadow topic" in the original forum. It's not really "there" in that forum, but it shows as a topic with that blue arrow indicating that it has been moved. If the blue arrow icon was in the General Chat forum for instance and the topic itself had been moved into the P1 forum, If you clicked on the title in the shadow topic in the General forum, the topic would open up, but if you looked along the top on the navigation panel that shows what forum/sub-forum you are in at the moment, you would see that you are actually in the P1 forum now where that topic is actually located as you have actually now followed the move into the forum where the topic is actually located.
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby groovin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Perfect! Thanks so much for all the info. I'll get the hang of it!

groovin

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement