Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Help With Tickers

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Help With Tickers

Postby New Life » Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 am

I created a ticker at tickerfactory.com to track my weight loss and I can't figure out how to paste it as my signature :twisted: It keeps telling me that it can only be 60 pixels high and I don't know how to correct that. Please help me figure this out before I get so stressed out I eat a twinkie. Thank you.

One Day At A Time...
New Life

Re: Help With Tickers

Postby RedRox » Thu May 14, 2009 3:10 pm

You can't fix it because the image itself exceeds the 60 pixel height limit set by the board owner and the software for images in a signature. (larger images mean more storage space/costs and longer load times for pages) If you happen to see any ticker factory tickers, they were likely created and uploaded prior to the new software upgrade last year that imposed this limitation, so it doesn't check existing images, just new ones that you try to upload. (BTW, my avatar image is 60 pixels high if that helps you judge the size restriction) I have found one site that can create a thin enough ticker to beat the limitation and I posted the link in a post in the Technical issues forum. (where I will likely move this topic once I finish responding!) But you have to pick a relatively thin ruler of the ones available and not put any additional text in the image as well for it to work. It's a more limited set of rulers and sliders, but if you absolutely HAVE to have a visual image in your signature, that's what I have found currently works here. You can of course always just keep the same information in text format and avoid the whole image size issue altogether!! ;)

here is a link to that post with the link: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=94006
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby DallasBrownBombshell » Fri May 15, 2009 8:53 pm

OMG it worked thanks so much, I have had this same problem with Tickers and just gave up. Thanks !!!
DallasBrownBombshell

Postby New Life » Sat May 16, 2009 2:37 am

Thank you so much! I was so frustrated trying to figure this out. Even my husband who is a computer genius couldn't help me. :D

One Day At A Time...
New Life

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement