Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

How to add an Avatar to your profile

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

How to add an Avatar to your profile

Postby Looking for Skiny Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:24 pm

So you want to add an Avatar to your profile.

Q) What a Avatar?

Q) How large can my Avatar be?
    A) Upload an image from your PC. However it has to be fairly small. The size limits on uploading are 80x80 pixels and 6 KB in file size. This is then stored as part of this bulletin board's files.
    A) redroxco once wrote: Host an image somewhere else on the Net and link to it. This will allow larger size files including animated gifs. I'd still try to keep the size under 100x100 pixels. If they get too big, they start sending everyone's text to the right. (Like what we see when people put the link to their ticker in their avatar area.)

Q) Where can I find a Avatar?
    A) You can click on the button following Select Avatar from gallery: and select one of those.
    A) You can do a Google search on Free Avatar Just remember the size restrictions.
    The following are examples that are under 80x80 and under 6k in size.
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Now remember, if you link an Avatar that is on another site using Link to off-site Avatar: option, BE SURE THAT THEY ALLOW you to do that. Your best option is to save that large Avatar to the web space MOST ISP's provide you for free with your account.

Q) Where do I set up the Avatar?
    A) Select theImage Profile link at the top of the page. You will see the Avatar area at the bottom of that page.
    Click the above to enlarge the photo.

Upload Avatar from your machine:
    = 80x80 pixels and 6 KB in file size
    Upload Avatar from a URL: = 80x80 pixels and 6 KB in file size
    Link to off-site Avatar: = 100x100 pixels
    Select Avatar from gallery: = YOUR EASIEST OPTION :)

When your done click on Submit
>>>Clicking on any BLUE text in my posts will take you to the source page. <<<
***Before you post ANYTHING CLICK HERE!!!***
Looking for Skiny Pete

Postby RedRox » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:39 am

Just a reminder... PLEASE do not link your ticker image into your avatar! It will either be removed or you will get a PM asking you to remove it and put it in your signature where it belongs! Thanks in advance!
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Re: How to add an Avatar to your profile

Postby lakegran72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:11 pm

I know I'm hopeless but I can't find 'choose from gallery' or where I can add avatar . :? :(
11/2/10 172.
goal 155
lakegran72

Postby RedRox » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:33 pm

The instructions above were written for the old board software, so the functions are still there, you just have to access them differently.

Along the bottom blue bar near the top of the page is a link to your "User Control Panel". Click on that first.
Then select (click on) the tab along the top for "Profile".
Then select the tab/menu item on the left hand side for "Edit Avatar"
At the bottom of that page is a button to "Display Gallery". Click on that.
There are three categories of avatar pictures to choose from. "alphabet" is the default gallery being displayed. To choose the other ones ("bubblegum" and "more"), select the one you want in the drop down field where "alphabet" is showing and then click on "Go". You can go back and forth between the 3 galleries as often as you like.
To select a specific avatar you want to use, click on it, so the circle underneath the image is filled in and then click "submit" at the bottom of the page.
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby lakegran72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:03 pm

You're the BEST........ Thanks!
11/2/10 172.
goal 155
lakegran72

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement