Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

How to set up your TICKER

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: How to set up your TICKER

Postby RedRox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:50 am

pick a ruler and an image that is much thinner. you cannot manually adjust the images created by these ticker sites.
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby Razia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:01 pm

This is the thinnest ruler and the smallest marker I could find, and it still won't work.
Razia

Postby RedRox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Then I would suggest sticking to text info you type in yourself. The point of these limits is to keep bandwidth down and keep the forum operating more smoothly and faster. If all of these images have to load in however many posts there are in any particular thread with all the images then it creates more network traffic and bogs down the forum. Understand that I can't change it as it is fixed by the board owner, sbdiet. You are welcome to PM or email her with your desires. I have seen some that load that are bigger, but I think it may be because they were there before the software upgrade, so they still display and don't get checked because they aren't being created as new tickers.

RedRox

Postby Razia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Ah, okay. I was mainly confused because of those other ones--I thought there was something I was doing wrong or that it was a glitch or something.

Thanks.
Razia

Postby RedRox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm

That's just a theory! ;) But I noticed earlier that those I see do seem to belong to longer term members. I was trying to figure out the same thing! If you do see them in posts, look at their "joined" date under their name/avatar on the right side and see if they joined prior to Nov./Dec. '08 or so. I think that is about when the new software was upgraded, but I'm not really sure. It was sometime this past fall though.

RedRox

Postby Razia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Gotcha ^.^
Razia

Postby jorbroni76 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 pm

I am a getting a message saying my image can only be 60 pixels high
Start Date:2/16/09
Goal Weight: 240
Start Weight: 373
Current Weight: 373
Total Weight Loss: 0
jorbroni76

Postby RedRox » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes. It's a new limit recently imposed with the upgrade of the board software. Either try to find a really narrow (height wise) ticker or continue to just keep it in text as you are doing now. I've PMed the board owner but she hasn't picked up any of my PMs in a couple months now, so I wouldn't expect any relief from that source. I don't really know of anyone who has found a way around this new limit very well.

RedRox

Postby RedRox » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Or you can use the thinner ones at this site that work as is!! http://www.southbeachdietbulletinboard.com/ticker/

More info in my previous post on this issue here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=94006

RedRox

Postby Magna » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:48 pm

Several of LINZLUV's posts were deleted because of problems with the avatar. Here's the content of those posts:

Ok guys I figured out a way to fix the 60 pixel limit problem. It is a bit of a pain in the butt, but if you really want the ticker like I did, you'll do it.

You need:
-Adobe Illustrator or photoshop (A program where you can save a file for web and can change the pixels to the allowed amount)
-A photbucket account or another account like photobucket

So....
1) I went to tickercentral.com and made the ticker I wanted. (Follow all instructions on the first post of this thread, up until SAVE MY CLICKER)
2) I right clicked my clicker to save it to my comuter as an image.
3) I open the image in Adobe Illustrator, under the file menu, click save for web, on the right hand side of the page, next to the colour menu tab is the image size tab, click it, adjust the image to 60 pixel height, save it again to your computer under another name, so you can differentiate between the first image you saved and the one you just adjusted.
3) I went to photobucket.com and uploaded the image
4) Run the mouse over the image, but DO NOT click it. Some options appear, copy the info in the IMG Code space.
5) I went back to the SB diet forum, went to the User CP and clicked profile, then clicked signature, and just pasted the info into the space and voila!

Now, the only problem is, when you lose weight, you have to do this whole process again after going back to ticker central.com and adjusting your weight loss. But I guess thats not really a problem, since thats what we're all here for anyways.

Well, cheers, hope it works for you!

Lindsay Love

If anyone needs help and can't figure it out, let me know, I will be happy to do it for them. Please PM me your start weight, current weight and goal weight, also which clicker bar and clicker tab you would like off of clicker central.com. I will fix it up in illustrator and them send you the image via email.

Lindsay Love
Male
Magna

Postby Lanikai » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm

test ticker
Lanikai

Previous

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement