Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

no SEARCH button function???

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

no SEARCH button function???

Postby boston56 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:56 pm

New to this forum: where is the SEARCH option to search keywords in a specific forum???

This format for a forum is widely used all over the internet but this one is the ONLY one I've seen that has NO SEARCH option.

Am I missing something??? Thanks!
boston56

Re: no SEARCH button function???

Postby Magna » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 pm

The only search function is in the upper right hand corner. As far as I know, you can't search particular discussion areas, but you can use multiple keywords. We used to have a better search function, but the board owner made some changes and it went away. :(
Male
Magna

where is the search button?

Postby nurbeyaz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I can't see any search button. Is it only me who needs the search function really really bad? This is such a great forum and a unique resource for SB followers.

Thanks!
nurbeyaz

Postby Kimboroni » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:02 pm

There was one in January 2012 when that was posted. The board owner updates the board from time to time, so now that it's over a year later, that function is unfortunately gone.

There are some tips in this recent thread that may be helpful: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108298
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby melinky » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:36 am

It seem to me that the lack of a search function reduces the usability of the message board. I sure don't have time to scan through each page to find what I'm looking for. :? I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for answers. This is so disappointing. :(
melinky

Postby Magna » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:34 am

melinky wrote:It seem to me that the lack of a search function reduces the usability of the message board. I sure don't have time to scan through each page to find what I'm looking for. :? I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for answers. This is so disappointing. :(

The good news is, it's not necessary to scan through each page. :) Have a look at Kimboroni's post just above yours. There is a link in it that takes you to some information on how to search using Google.

Edited to add: you will have to copy and paste the link into your browser window.
Male
Magna

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement