Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Have Old Email but Forgot Password/Username

Having problems using this forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Have Old Email but Forgot Password/Username

Postby Terriann » Wed May 18, 2011 5:30 pm

I registered as a member and used this forum about 4 years ago, then stopped using it quite a while ago. I began the SBD program again (yesterday), and would like to keep in contact and ask questions. However, when I went to sign in, I could not remember my username or password. But I have the same email address that I had when I originally signed up. Today I tried to re-register and because of my email address was already "in use", I was unsuccessful.

I am currently registered under my husband's email address, so that I can have access to ask questions I have about Phase 1. Is there any possible way for me to re-register or login under my email original email address again? As much as I've tried, I cannot remember my old password or username.

I am hoping to sign back in under my email address.

Thank you for helping.
Terri Kloep
Last edited by Terriann on Wed May 18, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terriann

Re: Have Old Email but Forgot Password/Username

Postby RedRox » Wed May 18, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't think the moderators can determine that info. If you can remember your username, you can use the "forgot password" link on the login screen to recover or change your password to something you can remember. If you can't, then I don't think that is recoverable.

Also, I probably would edit out your actual email accounts. They are not necessary for the purpose of the email and you don't know what bots or "members" are trolling for email accounts to spam or hack. Generally just not a good idea to post emails in such a very public place on the net.
Dude: 5' 11" - 54: Started 04/01/04
Ramblin' along in P3 since June '05...

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan
RedRox

Postby Terriann » Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Thank you for your information and suggestion regarding removing my email addresses. I appreciate it.
Terriann

Postby Magna » Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 pm

If I understand you, you couldn't remember your old user name or anything about the account, so you created a new account using the new member name "Terriann". Now you would like to use your old email address on the new account, but can't. Is that right?

You can change the email address on your account, but from what you say, it seems like you can't change it so you and another member are using the same email address. So the thing to do would be to change your email address to something else (so your messages don't go to your husband's email account, and so if he ever wants to join, he's not blocked the way you were.) If you don't already have a second address to use, you can open a new free email account with Yahoo or another service. And, btw, if you want to, you can have any email that goes to the new email address forwarded to the address you're now using as your main email address (but to do that, you have to use the mail forwarding feature on Yahoo or whatever service you use.)

To change your email address, click on the "User control panel" on the top left of this page. Then click on the "Profile" tab. Then select "Edit account settings." You can change the email address there.

BTW, one way to find your old account would be to remember something you posted, then search for it using the "search" function. But that may be impossible, or too much work.
Male
Magna

Return to Technical Issues and Board Improvement