Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

The Tortoise and the Hare

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: The Tortoise and the Hare

Postby OnaMi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Good to here from you Mary Ann (hug) stay strong (hug) i hope the doctor will help. thank you (hug)
SW-334
CW-149.2
GW-145
OnaMi

Postby Chris55 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Nice to see you posting again, MaryAnn. I'm glad you're able to get some respite from caring for your mom. It's so hard when they're so sick and you can't really do much for them except be there and try and make them comfortable. That she isn't in pain is a blessing. I always look back on my time at the end with my mom and try to remember how strong I was - helps me get through tough times even now.

It's nice that you can find some peace in taking care of everyone full-time. It's hard for me to do that in my situation right now, and I'm not having hormone swings. The fact that you're not melting down on a daily basis is amazing and a sign of your inner strength :wink:
Restart 9/1/14. Weight: 202.6
Current: 199.0
Goal: 192.6 by 12/25/14
Beginning Wt: 191.6. On 1/09
Goal #1 Met: 160.0 7/09
Goal #2 Met: 155.0 3/10
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself exercising or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby OnaMi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey Mary Ann..Thinking of you,hope all is well x Take care of yourself x
SW-334
CW-149.2
GW-145
OnaMi

Postby jhderm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi MaryAnn

You have been in my thoughts even though I was off the site for a while. Worked myself back in.

Hope you are well. How is everything w your mom?

Hang in there. You are doing so great and handling everything SO well, my friend.

Visit my jrnl if you get a chance.

Judi
jhderm

Postby masm2 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Once again thank you to Judi, onaMi, and Chris for stopping in to check on me.

My mother passed away in her sleep on September 9th. It was a very peaceful end for her and for me. She had become bedridden about ten days before her death and she still never seemed to be in pain. My brother came for a visit the weekend before she passed and I believe she was waiting to see him one last time. The funeral ended up being last Friday due to transportation issues to get her to Arkansas to buried next to my dad. Since we had time DH, DS, and I drove to Ark. and DD flew in the day before the funeral, but drove back home with us. I drove her back to school on Sunday-then spent a few days with her and then I drove home yesterday.

DH has a business trip next week and I will go with him. Then I will have to deal with everything in her house in TN that has been vacant for the last few years. My weight is up. (152) I 'll just give my self some time to get back down. I am going to do PI soon. I don't have cravings, but I have only been eating 2 times a day lately and I need to fix my metabolism by eating smaller meals/snacks more often. I just need to get back on a real schedule, but I know that probably won't happen for a while.
masm2

Postby OnaMi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:16 pm

You have my deepest sympathy,Mary Ann x..so glad you checked in..really missed you :) You've done great with your weight considering everything.Take care of yourself.x
SW-334
CW-149.2
GW-145
OnaMi

Postby masm2 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you onaMi.

I had a five day trip with DH and I had a good time. I walked every day-we were in Fredericksburg,VA. I walked all over the historic downtown daily. I am beginning my Phase I today. I have a two week window that I am home before I meet my brother in TN to deal with mom's property. So last week I just ate what looked good on the menu and this weekend at home I enjoyed myself too.

So-I don't feel great...I am a bloated 154 this morning, but at least I had planned the last fling! I have the fridge stocked with veggies and I am ready to go! I am actually excited to be back to Phase I. Two years ago on 10/13 I started my very first Phase I at 169 pounds. I did one week again about 15 months ago. I do plan to do the full two weeks this time. I feel good when I am in the 142-144 range. I t will probably take a couple of months to get to my happy weight and where I feel back to SB self again.
masm2

Postby masm2 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Day I of Phase I went well.

I had my 3 meals and 3 snacks which had me eating something every 2-3 hours. I was 152 this morning so 2 pounds of water are gone! I do like how PI works. I will probably eat the same things today that I had yesterday and then change things up tomorrow. I am really really really lactose intolerant so I have to skip the cheese and yogurt. I end up with more nuts or peanut butter as subs.

B: 2 Hard boiled eggs, V8 Spicy, 3 cups of coffee and about a cup of soy milk
S: 1/2 c almond milk, 1 spoonful NPB
L: 4 c mixed greens, sweet peppers, kidney beans, shrimp, 2 tbs Italian dressing
S: 1/4 c mixed nuts, 2 dark choc kisses
D: chili-homemade with lots of veggies and beans
S: 1/2 c almond milk, 1 spoonful NPB
masm2

Postby masm2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Day 2 of PI-same as day one. I am 152 again today and that is good!

Of course I thought I would be home for 2 weeks. No. Not going to happen. I was going to wait 2 weeks to go to TN until my brother could be there to begin the task of dealing with my mom's will and everything. Needless to say we are going tomorrow. I'll try to be as close to a PI as I can, but it will be fine. I am not having cravings anyway-I just needed to jump start my metabolism. I'll pack some stuff in a cooler and just go.
masm2

Postby masm2 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Well, I did not get anything packed in a cooler, but I just tried to be as on plan as possible. So today I am back to PI in earnest. I am still at 152-with travel and the emotional situation I am happy with that number today.

Two years ago on Oct 13 I started SBD for the first time and have been committed to the way of life ever since. I weighed 169 that day and for the better part of the last two years I have stayed in the 143-146 range. Yes-I recently had a big gain, but that will be resolved before too long. I have about 9 days before I have to go back to TN, so that will do for a short PI restart. I also hope to have the time to do a better prep for the trip.
masm2

Postby jhderm » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Mary Ann

I wrote to you in my jrnl but just to say, you did great for your mom and she was lucky to have no pain, discomfort or unhappiness. Nobody could have a asked for more of you or of life.

Now it's time to take care of yourself and the family around you.

I am sure the way you go about things, those 10lbs will drop off. Me, I also gained about that much and am struggling to find a discipline in my mind that I can hang on to. Same old same old.

Anyway, just looking forward to hearing from you and keeping the friendship.

Judi
jhderm

Postby masm2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Well so far I have not managed to keep to Phase I. I am not really having cravings so I am probably just going to keep to a tight Phase II for now. I would like to drop some water weight quickly just so my pants are not so tight, but we will see. I have no travel plans for the next 2 months so I feel good about being home for a while.
masm2

Postby OnaMi » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Hay Mary Ann :wave: slowly but shorely you'll get back in the groove.Have you tried putting lemon juice in your water,drinking a shot of it straight? That seems to help w/water retention for some people And asparagus does too.Drinking more water does too(to flush out that sodium).Not having to travel should really help you get really back on track.Take care :hugs:
SW-334
CW-149.2
GW-145
OnaMi

Postby masm2 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:24 pm

I am hanging in there. Sunday and Monday I ate PI until supper and then just added one starch. I have dropped some of the water weight-so I am going to continue today with the same food. onaMi-I try to have lemons around for my water, but I don't have any in the house right now. I have not really been to the grocery store since we have been back. The veggies I bought last week were still good for salads, but I will have to go this afternoon or tomorrow.
masm2

Postby masm2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

Well I have now been to the store three times and I still do not have those lemons! However, I have dropped 4 pounds since Sunday. I had bloated up to 156 with all the salty food and this morning I am back at 152. From here on out-I doubt if it will be water weight lost, but it does reinforce the fact that I really need this WOE. I hope to be back in the 140's in a week or two-then to my happy place around 144 by Christmas.
masm2

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal