Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Goodbye to 110 Regrets

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Postby stinkykitty » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Sabotage!! Bake sale at church this morning for the youth group... Yummy frosted Valentine cupcakes and cookies... and I had cash... BUT I RESISTED AGAIN!!! ha ha I feel SO powerful when I make the right choices!

I learned the power of visualization a long time ago, and eventually went for "reality" vs imagination and got fat again... But I will try my "visualize the taste and texture" techniques once again, where I imagine that treat I want, the look and smell and taste and texture of it... And oddly enough, that often satisifes the craving for me. (Kinda like visualizing yummy-with-a-spoon George Clooney in an Armani tux LOL!!) And I don't know about the rest of you, but how often have you had that treat you wanted, especially one of those restaurant desserts that look dazzlingly perfect in the showcase, only to be let down by bland taste or texture...

I have also had so many "diet" frozen meals like Lean Cuisines that taste so icky and are so unsatisfying... I was sated last night on grilled chicken and spaghetti squash! (In fact, having leftovers for lunch right now.) God created such an abundance of real foods for us to enjoy, I feel it is almost an act of worship to eat this way!!

And I have to thank all the contributors for the wonderful recipes on this site, as I made a quiche this morning that was deeee-lish!! Quiche without guilt?! How can it be?? I LOVE life on the Beach!!

Love and blessings to all.
45; 5' 6 1/2"; Start SB 5/28/2010
SW: 247
CW: 230
GW: 150
1st goal: 225

"The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 1:14
stinkykitty

Re: Goodbye to 110 Regrets

Postby stinkykitty » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:45 am

Sunday menu

1 cup coffee w/creamer

B- SB Quiche, 1/2 c FF milk

L- Grilled chicken, spaghetti squash (leftovers rock!)

S- V8

D- SB Hot & Sour soup, made w/tofu, edamame, and added a little PB for a Thai fair & nut allowance =)

Full.... But another successful day resisting temptations =)

HABIT CHECK: I never realized how much I ate bites of whatever I was preparing for my daughter, especially mac -n cheese, and I could wipe out a bag of popcorn chicken in one sitting just making a few pieces for her! Just taking a taste to make sure it's not too hot, and all of a sudden I've eaten half whatever I made for her.... Not doing that should save me several hundred calories a week!!

"The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 1:14
stinkykitty

Postby doghouse » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:56 am

Just stopped by to say hi and see how you were getting along! WELL DONE!! You are actually just what I need for inspiration right now - full of enthusiasm and positivity! I know what you mean about 'tidying up' or 'quality controlling' children's meals! i give our chickens their scraps now because i was a great one for not wasting....
Have a happy, healthy week!
doghouse

Postby stinkykitty » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Hello Beachers...
My motivation has gotten another gut-check to STAY FOCUSED AT ALL COSTS! There are no lemon bars, Bake Sale goods, or champagne bubbles that would taste as good as avoiding the fate befalling my mother. Serious side effects from the meds she is on, excessive swelling, high uric acid, kidney function seriously compromised, AND a trip to ER with bleeding eyes... Hello!! In a movie when someone's bleeding from the eyes it is never a good outcome...

My sister (who motivated me to come to the Beach) says she has tried to talk to mom about her weight and diet, and how she could probably get off a lot of these 15+ nasty meds if she'd pay more attention to some holistic remedies. But for our parents "holistic" is akin to asking them to practice witchcraft. So I am frustrated 2000 miles away from home & knowing any words we say will fall on deaf, stubborn ears. All I can do is pray and lay all this at the feet of Jesus...

I am amazed at how quickly I am feeling better myself. The numbing fatigue I usually wake up with is fading, although the amount of sleep I am getting is probably the same. I notice I am feeling less of an over-all achy feeling. Can it really happen this fast?

I had some Crystal Light iced tea yesterday, which I normally avoind like the plague because I don't like sweetened iced tea, just wanted something different. I normally find it too sweet, but yesterday the sweetness was overpowering!! I won't be having that again in a hurry. I'll get out my Mr. Iced Tea maker today and brew up my own.

I can't believe I have gone 4 days without bread, pasta, rice, adding sugar to my coffee, or eating sweets. That sweet cream in the coffee in the morning is very satisfying* and I don't find myself wishing for sweeter. (*And as my taste buds adjust, I can see me adjusting to use less.) I can see why it's worthwhile to be strict in Phase 1, to break that habit of reaching for toast and cereal and having to have pasta, rice, or bread with every meal. I've had salads without croutons and soup without crackers - and survived!!

I saw so many fascinating recipes as I spent way too much time on this site over the weekend, just looking at breakfast foods! I can't wait to try them, I could make 'em all and pig out LOL!! Easy girl, portion control still needs to be learned... I bought a small box of Splenda yesterday. I am not crazy about artificial sweeteners, but will experiment with it a little bit as I try these different recipes for custard and danish and french toast...

I am a wee bit smug this morning as my hubby spent last night guzzling beer and pigging out on chili with cheese and chips with his bro-man. He does not feel too great this morning, and he & his buddy will be the gas twins at work today... I however feel GREAT!!! (BTW, I have not told my hubby what I am doing, I am just making what I want to eat and he is eating some of it too. I only told him I am not drinking right now. I'll go into more later on how sabotage creeps in when I share my goals with him.)

Have a wonderful day at the Beach!

Be blessed
Linda

stinkykitty

Postby Cambie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 am

Woohooooooooooo Linda for being in control of your eating. Great determination. You're hubby doesn't have to know what you're doing. You have a journal and new caring friends here (raises hand high) to give you support, you will never walk alone on the beach.

Good to hear you are feeling the good effects of proper nutrition. I reached a point that when I eat crap, I feel like crap, just not worth it any more.

I'm so glad you are here!

Life IS Beautiful

Tammy
Cambie

Postby stinkykitty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:43 am

I made yogurt cheese today... Who knew???? I LOVE goat cheese, but it's expensive and it's not exactly lo-fat and I could eat it in large quantities... Well, no more! I am amazed at this stuff I made by simply draining Fat Free Yogurt for several hours... Made a dinner tonight that should be on a menu at a super-pricey restaurant!!

Today's menu:
2 cupsa coffee w/creamer
B- mock Cinnabon (it was okay but probably not something I'd do again...)
S- lo-fat mozzarella shared with child and stalker dog
L- SB quiche (even better 2nd day!)
S- FF milk
D- goat -oops, YOGURT - cheese LOL, sprinkled w/italian herbs & drizzle of Olive Oil (maybe 1 tsp)
sliced tomato
marinated cucumber salad
toasted slivered almonds
-awesome combo, I would eat another plate but I am satisfied right now. =)

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Mock French Toast Custard Cups... seriously revolting. It's a texture thing. Even dog won't touch them.
Oh well, can't win 'em all. I'll make more yogurt cheese instead =)

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:10 am

Another gorgeous day here... Hanging out at the park with my friend Tina and our girls... They were all munching Cheetos... I honestly didn't have any desire for one, and didn't even cheat by licking Casey's little orange fingers LOL!

Today's Menu:

2 coffee w/creamer
B- SB quiche
S- V8
L- Yogurt cheese, tomatoes, cucumber salad, toasted almonds (very addictive combo!!!!)
D- cauliflower; baked spaghetti squash; sauteed ground turkey w/red peppers, onion, garlic

maybe a glass of milk before bed, while we are watching American Idol...

Work tomorrow, but I think I am better prepared this time for food! I have quiche, yogurt cheese, cucumber salad, bean salad, spag squash w/ground turkey, all made ahead of time so lots to choose from...

God Bless and sweet dreams to the Beachers!!

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 am

Didn't sleep well last night, hard time falling asleep and staying asleep... Finally took some Advil and realized as I did so, the headaches that have been plaguing me for the last three weeks have been non-existent since starting SB last week! I wasn't feeling head-achy last night either, just thought the Advil would help me fall asleep, as I start getting tense & irritated when I can't sleep. It dawned on me that I drank a lot of iced tea yesterday afternoon, I usually make it half-caff, but I think I overshot the caff on this pitcher! Despite restless night, I still did not feel exhausted this morning like I did just a week ago...

Can't believe 7 days of Phase 1 are gone already... Not one cheat =) yay me... Aunt Flow showed up this morning and caught me off guard - what happened to the week of cravings, fatigue and irrational irritability that usually precedes her arrival??? I was almost annoyed at "only" having lost 4-4 1/2 lbs this first week, until I realized I LOST instead of GAINING during PMS week like I usually do!

Today's menu - pretty much a repeat of yesterday:

2 cups coffee w/creamer
B- Quiche
L- Yo-cheese, cucumber salad, bean salad, toasted almonds
S- V8
D- spaghetti squash w/ ground turkey, peppers onions, a little parmesan
S- FF milk

**Felt the chocolate urge hit again at work today, only seems to hit when I'm there!! No surrender... (noticed I really want a taste of choco after lunch, got to avoid onions on my salads at work, that leftover onion taste just screams for chocolate to make it go away!! Mints & gum don't cut it....)
Feeling a little "munchie" tonight, hubby off drinking beer w/ buddy again :roll: , just a wee bit annoyed w/him and also that PMS factor creeping in.... Hoping this glass of milk will help the munchie urge pass. If not I'll just go to bed!

**I know there are chocolate treats I can make that are SBP1 friendly, but I really feel during this two-week period I need to be as disciplined as possible about feeding the sweet tooth and break the habit of eating whenever I'm annoyed with my hubby :wink:

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 am

Phase 1 Week 2 started today... 5 lbs down - 20% of first goal achieved :) small victories!
City sewer hook-up today, no notice given that water would be shut off at 7 am... seriously handicapped my day. Very hard to do food prep when you can't wash dishes, rinse veggies, etc.
Casey napped for 3 hours today, two of them in my arms stretched out on the couch - sweet moments but hard on the back & neck. But I managed to nap too so a nice afternoon while I ignored housework.
Grocery shopped tonight, hit a great meat sale so freezer is loaded with chicken, steaks, ground turkey, and fridge is full of produce. :D Not feeling prepared for tomorrow for food for work, but I'll pull it together in the morning.

Today's Menu

2 cups coffee w/creamer
B- omelet w/ sprinkle of goat cheese, crumbled turkey bacon, steamfresh cauliflower & broccoli....
"cheated" and had 3 pcs of turkey bacon, my concession to PMS! :P
L- yogurt cheese w/marinated cucumber salad - too my surprise, Casey LOVED this too and ate almost as much as me!
S- pistachios
D- quiche, rest of steamed veggies (after steaming them this morning, I tossed 'em in the frying pan I had cooked the turkey bacon in for a touch of flavor... nice!)
S- ff milk

Not really hungry today... Having milk now 'cuz I know I need it.
Making steak fajitas tomorrow night!! :D just not assembling w/rice and beans and tortillas and all that... if hubby wants the starchy carbs he can make them. And, I think I will celebrate TGIF and make those SB PB cups everyone keeps talking about...

Well, sweet dreams my fellow beachers!!

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 am

TGIF!!! Long day today, culminating in my daughter locking herself, my keys, phone, purse all in the car this afternoon at the sitters... She pushed the auto-lock button when I was putting our things in the car, and I had no idea - strapped her in the car seat, shut the door, and went to get in and all the doors were locked... Thank God we were at our friends and able to call my husband (who thankfully was home although he didn't hear the phone until we'd left a few msgs & texts!). It wasn't beastly hot or raining... The pantomime of 3 helpless adults trying to get a 2 1/2 year old to pull up a lock was pretty funny I'm sure...

Today's menu:

2 cups coffee w/creamer
B- sauteed spinach, red onion, canadian bacon with a sprinkle of goat cheese
L- quiche, sliced cucumber
S- V8, lf string cheese (argh, plastic!!)
D- steak fajitas! steak, peppers, onions; black beans w/scallions; sprinkle of cheese YUM!
S- SB PB Cup (in the freezer now)

stinkykitty

Postby Cambie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:44 am

Happy Weekend! Couldn't stiffle a giggle of the visual of you trying to get your child to open the door. Hope the baby thought it was a game and wasn't scared. Love when they wave and smile at you...oh, and blow kisses! lol

In many towns, locksmiths will open a car door for free when a child is locked inside. Make a few calls and find out if the service is available there.

Hope you have a great Beachy weekend and get some good sleep!

Life IS Beautiful

Cambie
Cambie

Postby stinkykitty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 am

A rotten day... woke with a headache, weather change brought some rain... Junior woke up in whiner tantrum mode, hubby in rotten mood, big fight with him, just a rotten start to the day... Temptation to say screw it all and eat like a carb-starve pig was almost overwhelming (especially as I spent 3 hours with ladies from church this morning working on a craft project for our upcoming retreat, and our hostess was pushing LEMON BARS and BROWNIES God help me)... But I have let the emotions dictate and other people influence my food choices too long and it's time to STOP letting it happen.. Eating right is about ME now... My concession to sadness was to indulge in an entire avocado... Normally that would have been piled on some nachos or inside some quesadillas, but just diced up with some grape tomatoes and a little drizzle of EVOO and Balsamic and a hit of salt... Creamy goodness...

Today's Menu:

2 Cups coffee w/creamer
B- spinach sauteed with leftover peppes & onions from fajitas, sprinkle of goat cheese... only ate half and tossed the rest, to uptight to eat and enjoy it with all the drama...
L- avocado feast
D- garlic mashed cauli, chicken poached/baked w/ lemon & rosemary

Time to overindulge in many more rounds of Bejeweled on Facebook and forget this day....

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Sunday Menu

2 cups coffee w/creamer
B- SB quiche
L- yo-cheese, cucumber salad, grape tomatoes, toasted almonds
D- lemon/rosemary chicken, bean salad, mashed cauliflower
S- FF milk

Avoided evening temptations at my church group - pecan bars, oranges, and something in little fluted cany cups that I dared not gaze upon for too long!!!

stinkykitty

Postby stinkykitty » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Monday was a day... Okay at work, other than indulging in a third cup of coffee... But I like making coffee for my boss =) Blessed to work for an awesome lady...

All not quiet on the home front, tho... Cable went out around 1pm, torture for my hubby who has Casey-detail on Mondays. He is a remote control addict, flips channels endlessly. So, no tv, raining so no park, and Casey was up very early yesterday and only napped for 1/2 hour... She was quite tempestuous last night and was finally put in her crib for Time Out! at 6:15, where she was asleep within 2 minutes. Hubby very unhappy about still no tv; we watched "Oceans 13"... If ever there was a night I would have given my teeth for a glass of wine, last night was it!! But I did not succumb, have been trying to lay off the booze even before SB, and didn't want to blow it now... Our anniversary is coming up, trying to hold off until we go out to celebrate and have a glass (or 3) of wine or champagne then....

Anyhow... yesterday's menu:

2 coffee w/creamer
B- SB quiche
another cup of coffee late morning @ work
L- yo-cheese, cucumber salad, grape tomatoes, toasted almonds
S- V8, lf string cheese
S- mashed cauliflower
D- lemon rosemary chicken, spinach
S- 1 slice provolone cheese

Felt hungry when I went to bed, but didn't feel like getting up and having a glass of milk...
D-

stinkykitty

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal