Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Postby mrsgjr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 pm

BeachingIt, You Go Girl!! :wink: You're doing so well and let me tell ya when you hear those compliments, it encourages you to stay the course...good job on that.

Wishing you a wonderful day on the beach today and that it is full of all you want it to be 8) :D :wink:
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

Highest & SB SW: 162.8, 6.15.09
CW: 139.4, 8.18.14
GW: 130 in 90 days
mrsgjr

Postby Beaching It » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 am

Thanks mrsgjr. Today my team went out for lunch for birthdays and we went to a thai restaurant. I wasn't sure what I could have on P2 but figured the rice noodles and white rice was out. So I ordered the cabbage and shrimp wrapped in rice paper with salmon and a salad. It was good but the cabbage/shrimp roll came with noodles in it. I picked some of them out and enjoyed the rest.

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with peppers/onion, lf cheese, lf ham, coffee and ff milk, water;
L: as above
S: apple, 15 almonds
D: x-lean ground beef grilled burger, green salad, lf cheese, oil & vinegar dressing
S: fudgsicle/PB frozen treat.

Feeling kind of full right now.
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 1 - 145 by cruise November 2014
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:02 am

Another good day on P2.

B: 2 weight watcher whole grain toast; 1 egg/eggwhite scrambled, coffee with ff milk, water;
L: Green salad; lf cheese; x-lean burger grilled and crushed up, oil & vinegar dressing;
S: apple, 15 almonds, cheesestring (a little later)
D: Green salad, feta cheese, oil & vinegar dressing, roasted chicken, garlic sauce, whole wheat pita;
S: 2 BBB, 2 pb cookies, ff cool whip

Challenging day tomorrow with son's b-day party over lunch at a kid's amusement park... will have to sneak in some SB friendly food. :P
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:38 pm

I was too busy to journal yesterday. We had our 7 year old son's b-day party at a local amusement center and I packed 1/2 sandwich, cheese, apple, nuts for my lunch. Turned out they had a menu we could order from ... I should have stuck to plan A but instead ordered a chicken wrap with garden salad from the menu. When it arrived, there was hardly any chicken and it was breaded and perhaps deepfried?? I ate it with the salad (italian dressing on the side) but probably shouldn't have (white wrap too)... feeling a bit bad about that one. Oh well... another day is here!

Yesterday:

B: omelette with 1 egg/eggwhite, peppers, onion, lf chesse, lf ham;
L: as above
S: apple, pb cookie, lf cheese;
D: greek salad with feta cheese, chicken, 4 shrimp, oil & vinegar dressing;
S: fudgsicle/pb frozen dessert

Not too bad all things considered. I was so tired I was asleep by 10:30 and didn't wake up until 6:30... a rare full 8 hours sleep. :wink:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:46 am

Today was a good day. I made a new batch of BBB and they turned out MUCH better than the first batch.. yay!!

B: egg/eggwhite scrambled egg, 1 slice ww toast, lf cheese;
L: greek salad with feta, chicken, oil & vinegar dressing;
S: apple, pb cookie;
D: steak, 1/2 cup wild rice, BBQ'd veggies (delicious);
S: 2 BBB with ff cool whip.

Week 4 of P2 begins tomorrow. Can't believe I've been eating the SB way for 5 weeks already!! Feels like forever. :D
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 am

Hey everyone, I did my weekly weigh in and lost 1 1b this week after the end of W3 on P2. I'm happy with that. This past week I've been adding in a second daily grain every other day and it seems to be working. Had a few bites of non SB foods on the weekend, but learned from that. I'm definitely feeling good on SB and loving this way of eating and how I'm feeling physically. :P

B: 1 egg/eggwhite scrambled eggs, lf cheese, 1 ww toast;
S: lf cheesestring
L: Wendy's green salad with chili, sour cream, low sugar dressing;
S: 2 pb cookies, apple;
D: 1/2 cup ww pasta, x-lean meat sauce with lots of veggies, brocolli, green salad, lf cheese grated on top, oil & vinegar dressing;
S: 2 BBB with lf cool whip

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby joesuzzi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:15 am

Her girl.....looks like we are running neck & neck on our weight, huh?? :D
Can I make a little suggestion???
How about sneaking some veggies in with your wonderful breakfasts??? Mabe some cherry tomato's....or a V-8.........or just any old veggie you like?? They want us to have at least 1/2 cup of veggies with breakfast............
If you like FF refried beans they taste wonderful with a couple of over easy eggs plopped on top !
Congrats on that pound !!!! Keep going.
NEW Start date: 1/16/11
SW: 190
CW: 185
GW: 160

59 yr old TX Nana
Raising 1 hubby, 1 grandson, 1 schnauzer & 1 rotten cat !
joesuzzi

Postby Beaching It » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:59 am

Thanks Joesuzzi for the feedback. Sometimes I can't stomach the thought of eating veggies first thing in the morning, but I do have peppers/onions in my omelette now and then. I do like cherry tomatoes so I had some of them this morning.

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette, peppers/onion/cherry tomatoes, lf cheese, lean ham;
L: 1/2 cup ww pasta, x-lean tomato / veggie sauce, green salad with chick peas and lf cheese, oil & vinegar dressing;\
S: Starbucks ff latte, apple, 15 almonds;
D: same as lunch
S: BBB with lf cool whip

2 grains, 1 fruit today - Week 4 of P2 (adding it back slowly)
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby yellobeuty » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:11 pm

GOOD MORNING :D

HAVE A BEACHY DAY! 8)
Forever Hopeful
start weight 320
mini goal to be 240
goal weight 155
yellobeuty

Postby mrsgjr » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi BeachingIt! Congrats on losing that 1lb :wink: Some may never know the affects that can have on us and why we're all here together and glad to share in that with you as you travel your journey!

Even though you don't want to make it a habit of eating a "little" bad on some days, you're doing well and should take comfort in the progress you've made. I try to treat myself on Saturday only but if I do so during the week, I don't. My issue over the weekend's have been drinking :roll: Once we find our grounding, it'll get so much easier for you. I've found this to be so already!

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday and a healthy, relaxing walk on the Beach :!: :wink: 8)
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

Highest & SB SW: 162.8, 6.15.09
CW: 139.4, 8.18.14
GW: 130 in 90 days
mrsgjr

Postby Beaching It » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:54 am

Thanks guys!

Today was a good (but very busy) day! Just sat down after working and going to the school council meeting. I put on a pair of pants this morning and they were too big... I couldn't even wear them! Wow! The skirt I wore was loose too and twisting around. What a great feeling. :D

B: 1 egg/eggwhite scrambled, lf cheese, 1 ww toast;
L: green salad, chick peas, tuna with lite mayo, oil & vinegar dressing, lf cheesestring;
S: apple, 15 almonds;
D: green salad, lf cheese, x-lean ground beef taco style, oil & vinegar dressing, handful of whole grain tortilla chips with salsa;
S: BBB with lf cool whip; decaf ff latte

1 fruit, 2 grains

Hope you're all having a great day on the beach!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:11 am

Another good day. Got caught up in a meeting over lunch so was starving by the time I got to eat!! (1:15)!! So I ate my snack at 12:00 which kept me going instead. Dealt with it well!

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with peppers/onion, lf cheese, lean ham;
S: 1 apple, 15 almonds; cheesestring;
D: Wendys green salad with chili, sour cream, low sugar dressing;
S: BBB with nf cool whip, 2 bites of pizza crust;
D: lebanese salad with feta cheese, chicken, oil & vinegar dressing, small amount of garlic sauce, whole wheat pita
S: fudgsicle, 4 grapes

Not exercising much because I've had a cold and cough for 2 weeks... need to kick it to get back into exercising regularly. I miss it.

1.5 grain and 1.5 fruit??
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby joesuzzi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:41 pm

OK...so YOU ARE THE ONE who gave me this cough ????? :lol: :lol: (I knew I caught it from somebody....)
Great job on adding those veggies at breakfast..........That is still one of the hardest times for me to get veggie in too.
By the way...I wanted to THANK YOU for inspiring me to try making stuff with egg whites instead of the whole eggs. (I kept seeing in your menu's that you keep some of the yolks out of what you are eating.)
So I did the bean brownies with using 1/2 whole eggs and 1/2 whites only.............and the same thing on the 3X3's. I am amazed that there is no difference in the taste ! :D
That is one of the reasons I love reading everones journals............I pick up new idea's daily ! (Plus...I am just a bit nosey...... :twisted: ...and I like to see what everyone else is eating !)
Have a beachy weekend !
NEW Start date: 1/16/11
SW: 190
CW: 185
GW: 160

59 yr old TX Nana
Raising 1 hubby, 1 grandson, 1 schnauzer & 1 rotten cat !
joesuzzi

Postby Beaching It » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Good idea about eggwhites in the BBB. I will try that next time. I just started thinking to myself that eating 2 whole eggs every morning might not be such a great idea, so I bought the cartons of egg whites only and add that to my 1 whole egg every morning. It's great!

So yesterday was very busy. I was feeling bad with my cold all day so left work at 2:00 and came home for a nap - which I coughed through the entire 2 hours!!!! We had a dinner party to go to last night - buffet dinner / dance hosted by our insurance company... I didn't feel like going but we had RSVP'd a while ago and it was all paid for by them... so we went. It was kind of like a wedding but it was a buffet which was great because I could serve myself what I wanted. So here's how Friday went:

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with peppers/onions, cherry tomatoes, lf ham, lf cheese;
L: green salad with feta, chicken, oil & vinegar dressing;
S: apple, BBB with lf cool whip
D: green salad, bean medley, cheese, ranch salad dressing, chicken with some gooey gravey on top? 2 small roasted (white) potatoes, and lots of green and white beans, small amount of roast beef, 1 bite of dessert then gave it to my husband;
S: 15 almonds.

Good day and proud I dealt with that dinner like I did. I walked right past the very yummy looking fresh white buns!!! My worst weakness. :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:02 pm

I didn't post my food for Saturday so I'll do that now. I'm sick and feeling really tired all the time, and not feeling much like eating veggies... it's weird how I want toast and crackers when I'm sick... So yesterday was not a great day but here it is:

B: 1 egg/eggwhite scrambled on 1 ww toast with lf cheese;
L: tomato soup (campbells... probably not the best choice) with 5 ww crackers and lf cheese, 2 BBB with lf cool whip
S: large ff latte with an apple
D: lebanese salad with feta, chicken, oil & vinegar dressing, garlic sauce, ww pita
S: fudgsicle/pb frozen treat

3 grains, 1 fruit (most grains I've had in a day yet - won't make it a habit yet).

Coughed all night again but DH took kids out early today for hockey and they're not back yet so I only just got up (11:30 am here). Very rare for me to sleep past 8:00 am on a weekend. I think I'll take tomorrow off work and sleep all day to try and kick this awful thing! :roll:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 150.8
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal