Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Beaching It - Jumping in now in P2

Postby Beaching It » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:02 pm

It's a lebanese salad full of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, some yummy oil dressing and baked pita chips. I pushed those aside and asked for chicken on top to make it more of a meal. Delicious!

So today I woke up with my DD screaming at DS because he wouldn't get out of her room and now she's all cranky and crying and underslept! Then DH and I start arguing about their bedtime, etc. and now my morning is off to a really crappy start...urghhhh!! Sometimes it's really hard to live in a home with 3 other people. Especially little people who are self centered, and just want what they want now!!! I hate it when DH and I argue over stupid kid stuff. BLAH :cry: :roll: :oops:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 1 - 150 by Girls' cruise November 2012
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Day has gotten better. Found a nice recipe on these boards and tried it at lunch. Pretty good.... definitely eggy feel (not so much waffle feel) but quite yummy and felt like I was somewhat having waffles...

Belgian Waffles Phase 1!

2 large eggs (I used 1 egg/plus eggwhite)
1/4 C Lowfat Ricotta Cheese (store brand)
1 T Granular Splenda, more or less to taste
1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Cinnamon, more or less to taste (optional)
Dash Nutmeg, more or less to taste (optional)

Preheat waffle iron. If no waffle iron is available, recipe can also be used for fluffy pancakes, but that is not as much fun! Beat eggs with electric mixer on high for 1 minute to make them light and fluffy. Add all other ingredients. Beat until smooth. Spray waffle maker with PAM or other cooking spray. Pour all batter, should fill bottom tray. Close and cook as usual for waffles.

Top with Smart Spread or other butter substitute, a sprinkle of splenda, and/or some sugar free syrup. Serve with V8 for a complete and satisfying breakfast!
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Chris55 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Glad you survived your morning, Lisa! Living through the winter with cooped up kids is always challenging! You're doing great with P1. I've added in my starchy veggies and fruit already - a couple of days without them was enough for me, although I would REALLY love some bread or crackers right now.
Restart : 10/12/13
Restart Wt: Not saying
Round 1: 1/5/09
Beginning Wt: 191.6
Goal #1 Met: 160.0 7/09
Goal #2 Met: 155.0 3/10
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself with exercise or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby Beaching It » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:27 pm

yeah I find it weird this time Chris. Usually by day3 on P1 I don't even think about bread or bad carbs... it's just gone. BUT this time I think about them alot and it's a challenge not to pop something into my mouth like the kids leftovers, etc. I haven't and I won't, but I just find it different this time.??

So yesterday's menu went like this:

B: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with spinach, veggies, lean ham, lf cheese;
L: P1 Belgian waffle with sugar free syrup (listed above)
S: celery with cream cheese, 15 almonds
D: greek salad with chicken, dressing on side
S: BBB with nf cool whip
Exercise: NONE
Water: enough

Today I'm home with kids who have friends over. I plan to get a workout in downstairs on my treadmill while the kids play - fingers crossed... Tonight DH and I are taking DS and his friend to an Ottawa Senators game. I think they play the Flyers. Starts at 5:00 pm so have to eat dinner at the stadium... I thought maybe I will sneak in some nuts, cheesestring and buy a hot dog or sausage and just eat that, throw away the bun?? I might even bring in a whole wheat pita to wrap up the hot dog in, and have that carb, just today.?? I plan to do another week on P1. Thoughts?? Suggestions??

Thanks,

Lisa
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Chris55 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Stadium food is very tricky. I would definitely sneak in some nuts, maybe some celery or pepper strips. The last time I went to a ball game, I went to the sausage and pepper stand and asked them to load me up on peppers and give me just a little sausage. Maybe they'll have some kind of grilled chicken sandwich or a veggie burger. Some of these places are slowly getting better. The worst is being surrounded by people eating wonderfully smelling fried things that you can't have. Good luck!
Ultimate goal: 150-155 without having to kill myself with exercise or give up chocolate, ice cream, or wine!
Chris55

Postby JeffInJax » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:51 am

I know how you feel with the cravings lisa, its taken almost a full week of phase 1 so far and i still am craving potatoes (i know, weird craving) But i absolutely love baked potatoes, french fries ect so its a little annoying haha. As for going to the game and getting a hotdog it doesnt sound like a bad ideal, personally i wouldnt eat the bread as your blood sugar is still stabalizing or else the cravings wouldnt be so bad and better not to mess it up especially with it being more difficult this time. If it happens it happens, but i dont give myself much room for error anymore, maybe im just a stickler. Most of the stadiums have burgers too, you could get in a lettuce wrap? Im not entirely sure, but as it was last night you needed advice for its a little too late. Let us know how it turned out!
Start : Nov 3rd, 2009
Starting Weight: 335
Height: 6'6"
GWl #1: 300 REACHED 12-21-2009
GW #2: 280 REACHED 2-15-2011
GW #3: 275 Reached: 8/29/2011
GW #4: 250 Reached 3/15/2012
Final Goal (Probably): 225 TBD
CW: 247.5
87.5 pounds gone
JeffInJax

Postby Beaching It » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 am

Hey guys,

The game was awesome! We beat the Flyers 6-4. Very tense game. My 9 year old son is a goalie and he was just transfixed on the goalies. He loved it! His first NHL game. We go to lots of junior games but not the NHL...cool! So the food was okay. I snuck in almonds, a cheesestring and a small whole wheat tortilla wrap. I bought a hotdog, threw out the bun and wrapped it in the whole wheat wrap. It was good but I deviated from P1 for that meal. Had a few handfuls of popcorn too... but quit there and that was fine. Got back to P1 today no issues.

Today kids went back to school and I was back at work. Stayed late so didn't get to the gym but will get to spin class tomorrow.

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette, spinach, peppers, lean ham, lf cheese;
L: salad with chicken breast, dressing on side;
S: V8 juice
L: salad with spinach, lf cheese, x-lean ground taco meat, oil&vinegar dressing;
S: BBB with nf cool whip
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Beaching It » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Good day. Day 9 of P1 and STILL having cravings and wanting to pop things into my mouth! What's up with that??

Got to spinning after work and thought I might die!! That's usual. Will go back for more on Thursday. :mrgreen: Tomorrow I will try to hit BodyPump to do some strength training.

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with spinach, peppers, lean ham, lf cheese;
L: spinach salad with lf cheese, shrimp, oil&vinegar dressing;
S: 15 almonds; celery & cream cheese,
D: greek salad with feta cheese, chicken, dressing on side, lf cheese;
S: NSA choc pudding with cool whip
Exercise: 50 minute spin class
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby Chris55 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Glad you survived the hockey game food!

I envy your workout schedule, but I am proud of myself that I've been exercising every day. I'm anxiously awaiting my new workout dvd's, hoping they'll give me a change of pace. However, I think I'll have a new exercise program tomorrow - we're supposed to get snow!!
Chris55

Postby Beaching It » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 am

Yes snow for us tomorrow and Friday too... apparently lots. :cry:

Today I felt like the water retention I know I've had started to go away.. we'll see tomorrow when I hop on the scale. Didn't get to Pump because of a later day at work, but did hit the gym and got to the first half of a new class I hadn't tried - Body Attack!! It was killer!! I was happy I had to leave 30 minutes in! The man instructor was like the energizer bunny. I couldn't believe how intense it was... I'll have to go back and try the whole class one of these days.

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette, spinach, lf cheese, lean ham, peppers
L: Wendy's baja salad with chili
s: celery with cream cheese, 15 almonds, stringcheese;
D: Subway chicken salad with ranch on side
S: BBB with lf cool whip, NSA chocolate pudding with cool whip
Exercise: 30 minute Body Attack, 15 minute treadmill/abs
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby happymo4 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:04 am

Hey Lisa! It sounds like you are doing awesome! That is the best when the bloat starts to go away, yay!! You are totally motivating me, thank you!! Good luck on the scale in the morning! :D
Maureen
SW: 153.6 lbs (1/11)
CW: 141.8(8/26/11)
happymo4

Postby JeffInJax » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Some days are like that, there are plenty of days that im hopping off the elliptical after an hour thinking i dont feel like i did enough and wanna get back on, then there are other days 3 minutes after i start im wanting to stop and have to power through! Glad the bloat is going away and keep it up! Im still having cravings too so i know how you feel. Dont know what it is this time, but ohwell just have to push past it!
Start : Nov 3rd, 2009
Starting Weight: 335
Height: 6'6"
GWl #1: 300 REACHED 12-21-2009
GW #2: 280 REACHED 2-15-2011
GW #3: 275 Reached: 8/29/2011
GW #4: 250 Reached 3/15/2012
Final Goal (Probably): 225 TBD
CW: 247.5
87.5 pounds gone
JeffInJax

Postby Beaching It » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks guys! So I hopped on the scale this morning and can officially say that on Day 10 of a new P1 I have lost 6 1bs!! So that's awesome! 4 more and I'm back where I started before vacation...urghhh!

I did my spin class today and will hit BodyJam tomorrow. There's a Pump class right after and the planets have aligned that I could stay and do it. I will see how I feel... May be too much but not if I have a really good snack before the first class, and maybe inbetween. Today was a good day with the food. Went for a work lunch today and held the carbs. It was yummy!

b: 1 egg/eggwhite omelette with lean ham, lf cheese, spinach, peppers
L: chicken currey with mixed veggies
S: celery with cream cheese; lf cheesestring, 15 almonds
D: 2 chicken weiners with spinach salad, oil&vinegar dressing
S: BBB with lf cool whip, NSA choc pudding
Exercise: 50 min spin class
Highest weight - 185
CW - 160
Goal 2 - 140
Beaching It

Postby grace2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:41 am

Good to "see" you again, Lisa! :D
grace2

Postby happymo4 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 pm

6 lbs in 10 days! Wow Lisa! That is so exciting and motivating! You have been working so hard and feeling the benefits which is totally reminding me that I know I need to work harder too. I am getting there, not perfect yet but so much better! The classes totally help me....my whole body is sore now which is the best feeling and it reminds me to stand taller and to stretch. When I feel like making a poor choice, I think about my sore muscles and that I don't want to waste that work that I just did. I am feeling more positive and getting more excited about gong full phase 1 starting on Sunday... I made soup and I still need to finish that...it has lots of chicken, spinach, celery, onions, and tomatoes which is good but I threw some whole wheat pasta in so it is not technically phase 1. I will start on Sunday since I don't want to waste it. Thanks so being active in here and getting me excited to do it with you! :D
Maureen
SW: 153.6 lbs (1/11)
CW: 141.8(8/26/11)
happymo4

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal