I always wondered if you could re-heat oatmeal. For some reason, I just didn't think you could. I used to think that about rice, too, but rice is really good re-heated. I am going to go and make my batch of oatmeal for the week. What a great idea!
Oh, Laughing Cow Light. How is it possible for cheese to taste so yummy? I think I found a solution to the portion control. I bought the little square serving size packages. Five little foil wrapped squares=1 serving. So, I am pretty good about counting things out like that....you know 15 almonds, 30 pistachios, etc. If I have to cut something myself into a serving, I occassionally "fudge" my measurements....it is just a sliver over 1 oz, right? So, I try my best to use a measuring cup and stay honest.
Good to know I didn't blow my diet with the spicy pinto bean foray last night. It was really, really filling and delicious.
I had intended to start exercising again tomorrow, but it doesn't look like that will be possible after all. I have an ovarian cyst or a corpus luteum (the thing that ruptures during ovulation) that isn't healed yet. My doc says no physical activity until the pain is gone. I was honestly looking forward to working out tomorrow. Maybe I can at least do a little yoga/meditation.
My biggest problem right now is sleep. I have been keeping weird hours as of late. Last night I stayed up until 5 am this morning and got up at 1:00! I was just reading in bed. I started reading a great memoir, Man Made by Ken Baker, and the next thing you know it is 5 am. The book is really good so far. It is about a man who is impotent and take on female physical characteristics all because he has a brain tumor that makes his prolactin levels (the stuff momma need to produce milk) go through the roof (normal is like 10 ng; his were more than 15,000 ng!!!).
So, I several strategies for getting to sleep earlier:
1. Stay up all night, then go to bed early in the evening. (Won't work because it will cause me a panic attack.)
2. Just get up early no matter what. (If I don't get enough sleep, usually more than five hours, I will have a panic attack.0
3. Take an extra dose of buspar. (Might give me heart palpitations, which will certainly keep me up.)
4. Drink lots and lots of water before bed, which will force me to get up early. (If I drink too much water, I will get up too early, which will encourage me to go back to bed.)
5. Meditate to relaxing music while taking a nice warm bath. (Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.)
6. Exercise like crazy to tire myself out. (Can't cause of the cyst.0
I can't take a sleeping pill because of the anxiety. I am just not sure what to do to get to bed early. I have an 8 am breakfast meeting on Wednesday, so i need to get to bed. Sigh.....