This is the first post in a new journal for me. My old journal, well, it's embarrassingly old and I've decided that 2012 deserves a fresh start!
I will be starting P1 this weekend for January 1st. It's a cheesy time of year to start, but hey, it happens to be that time and I'm at the point where I have found my way back to the beach, so why not make the most of it
Tomorrow morning, I will be cleaning out my cupboards of anything that is not beach-friendly. I already have found a home with a co-worker for the bag of potatoes that I have in my pantry
The last few years I've been pretending that I can eat anything I want as long as I cook healthy - but the reality for me, is that I need to *lose* weight and to do that I *don't* get to eat "just like everyone else" that I know. When I was on SB last time, I lost weight for the first time in my life, really - and I did it by sticking to the foods on the list - and that really means giving up potatoes, white bread, white rice, and pasta - c'est la vie.
Since going off of SB, my blood sugar has gone back up and my dr has put me on all kinds of medications - she wants me to start monitoring my blood sugars and I'm resisting - if I don't check my blood sugar, I'm not a "real" diabetic, right? Rereading my old journal, my levels went from 7 to 5 in 4months on the beach - so here's to using diet to manage my blood sugars instead of drugs!
Things that worked for me last time, that I need to keep in mind:
1) posting here! when I stopped posting, I stopped eating right.
2) tracking what I eat, and weighing in daily - for me, these are key to staying on track
3) making sure i have easy to heat up food for dinner every day - too easy to say "oh well, I might as well hit the drive thru"
Things that got me into trouble last time -
1) my coworkers wanting me to go out for lunch every day - those coworkers actually don't work with me anymore
2) wanting to "leave" the office for lunch - if I take my lunch, where will I "go" to eat? My current plan is to "leave" the office to go for a short walk and eat at my desk or in the spare office - not sure yet.
3) drive thru. my nemesis. It's not feasible to just not have money on me - but I need to make sure that I have a plan for each meal and don't just take the easy way out.
Mostly though - I need to track my food and weigh in daily. And get back in the habit of eating properly for breakfasts, taking lunch to work and making dinners.
1) get rid of noncompliant foods!
2) grocery run - bagged salad and grape tomatoes are on sale 5/$5 at nob hill also beans and salsa. cucumbers are 69cents at savemart and roma tomatoes are 97cents a pound at savemart. I have 2 bottles of good salad dressing so I'm set there. need to get some sf fudgecicles and sf cool whip
I have eggs and cheese for breakfast.
3) check freezer for cooked chicken - pull out some of the turkey for salads this week
4) make lazy cabbage rolls tomorrow - although I can't have them on rice during phase 1, they'll still be delicious!
5) see if spaghetti squash is on sale anywhere
I should also set up the tv and dvd player upstairs and dust off the WATP dvd