Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Hunnybear's Journey

Introduce yourself and goals, keep it updated regularly.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Hunnybear's Journey

Postby Hunnybear » Wed May 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Thanks everyone. I know we should be having more veggies, but we are eating more then we used to, so that is a victory for us. I am very picky when it comes to food, so that makes it a challenge, plus i don't want to make 2 seperate meals so i try to make foods the toddler will eat also. I picked up a few sb/low carb cookbooks at the library, so will look thru there are see if anything looks good.

B: bacon, eggs
S: cheese stick, sf candy (for sanity)
L: steak, salad, cucumber
S: celery, laughing cow cheese
D: steak fajitas
D: orange dream
start: 5/1/17
Hunnybear

Postby Magna » Wed May 10, 2017 6:37 pm

In case you want to look there, this site has a very good list of recipes, arranged by ingredient or type of food. Another good website for recipes that members here have used and liked is Kalyn's Kitchen.
Male
Magna

Postby Hunnybear » Fri May 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Wednesday is my bowling night, and I did have a rum and diet coke with my chef salad.
Yesterday was kinda better with the kids, my daughter was having tantrums all day, so that was no fun.

THursday:
B: sausage, eggs
L: mixed up casserole and veggies
D: Costco salmon with dill butter, green beans
D: sb pb/chocolate
Hunnybear

Postby Geo » Sun May 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Good job of sticking with the SBD while out with friends! IMHO, being able to do all the things we did before, and still stay within the boundaries of the SBD, is one of the many joys of this "diet".

There's still one very important question... Has the SBD improved your bowling score? :D
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 171
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Postby Hunnybear » Mon May 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks Geo, and unfortunately my game has declined. I bowl better with 'aiming fluid' I tend to think less and not focus too much on how i am doing.

This weekend was good. My hubby and I ate good even with all the parties and many events. Applebees has a chicken and shrimp combo that we paired with broccoli and green beans. Then we split it. since we were going to be eating dinner within a few hours. I am having increased stress the last week and increased over the weekend. I have been feeling very overwhelmed and on edge since my step-daughter has been home from college (happens every time she comes home). we did talk to her last night about what we expect from her, so hopefully that will help her to take a role is picking up after herself.

We have finished phase 1 today. I am down 9.5lbs and DH is down 7. Today we added a piece of dave's killer bread to our breakfast. We have been very satisfied with the results and with the amount of food choices we have. For me it has been easier since I have someone supporting me and making changes with me, instead of working against me.
Hunnybear

Postby Geo » Tue May 16, 2017 2:29 am

Sounds like your step-daughter is really stressful to you. I had a similar experience. Once the "child" grew up (about age 30), the problems vanished! I was actually viewed as someone who was worth listening to. Hang in there. Resist the urge to wring her neck. :D Lean on your husband. Sounds like you have a good one!
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 171
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Postby 50/50 girl » Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Stress and food choices! Ugh! I can sooo relate. Great choices at Applebee's though!!! It sounds like you and your husband socialize often! That's so fun!!!! And challenging. Hang in there. Sounds like you're doing great! I too have a spouse that supports me. He is not 100% on the plan - but he WAS our main cook ... and he seems to be enjoying me cooking more and makes SB friendly meals when he cooks. I think he's enjoying the challenge. He's the healthy one of the two of us :).

Also ... my daughter is home from college. I can so relate. I had such a "blue" day yesterday. Messes all around. Feeling unappreciated. Ugh! For me though - she's my only one ... so I'm so happy she's here. I just need to pick the fights I'm willing to have. But seriously - how difficult is it to leave the bathroom as you found it?!?!?!? Also .. she's agreed to walk with me in the mornings .. and she requires 1 hour to get ready. In that 1 hour ... I can EASILY convince myself I don't want to go!!!

Anyway. Feeling your pain. It's just like 12 weeks though, right? You can do it! :)
4/12/17 ...SW... 209.0
6/7/17 ...... ... 192.6
6/14/17......... 191.4
6/21/17 ..CW... 192.4
..............GW ... 155.0
50/50 girl

Postby Hunnybear » Tue May 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks for the support. We had a talk with the sunday night about what her responsibilities are. do the dishes 1-2x week, cook 1 meal a week for the family, clean the bathroom and her room and vacuum when she does her house switch.( she's with us 1 week then goes to her mom's for 1 week) She is actually really excited to cook on thursday and was looking for recipes. I was presently surprised and almost had a heart attack last night, after dinner she got up and did the dishes :shock: all on her own. my DH and i looked at each other like wWHHAATTT!!!! then she started putting the food away. I was totally amazed.

B: eggs, sausage, toast
S: cashews
L: salad, kalbi steak
S: cheese stick
D: taco salad
D: chocolate pudding
Hunnybear

Postby Geo » Tue May 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Wonderful news, Hunnybear!
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 171
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Postby 50/50 girl » Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Sounds like an excellent plan!!!!
4/12/17 ...SW... 209.0
6/7/17 ...... ... 192.6
6/14/17......... 191.4
6/21/17 ..CW... 192.4
..............GW ... 155.0
50/50 girl

Postby Hunnybear » Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 pm

So I did my kinda mid week weigh in, just to see how i'm doing. especially since adding bread 2 days ago. I'm down 10.5!!!! Going to start adding apples tomorrow, for that cold, crunchy, sweetness!!!
made blts today. romaine lettuce put mayo on that, then a slice of bacon, and halved cherry tomatoes... was really good and crunchy (I like crisp bacon)
Hunnybear

Postby Hunnybear » Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 pm

So we started adding an apple yesterday, so I weighed today and my weight was up .5lbs, that seems to happen when I add a new food into my daily diet, and I don't think I drank enough water, and someone else made dinner and it was very heavy on the seasonings so much so I couldn't eat much. had some extra stress yesterday. I have been watching my friends son for almost 2 years, and that has been my source of income. They told me yesterday that their son got into the montisory school in the fall. I'm glad he did, but also sad that I will loose my main source of income. My friend has also been training me as a paralegal for his business, so I'm hoping I can continue that, and he still wants to show me how to do a lot of things that he needs help with. I keep repeating to myself that God has a plan, and when this happened before, everything worked out just fine. I just need to continue trusting in him and wait for his timing!!! I really do not want to put my daughter into child care, because I would be working to pay for child care with no extra, and that, to me is just stupid.
Hunnybear

Postby Geo » Sat May 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Hunnybear wrote: I really do not want to put my daughter into child care, because I would be working to pay for child care with no extra, and that, to me is just stupid.

That's so very true! Child care has gotten way too expensive! Two of our kids have found the same thing when they went back to work... They were bringing home enough to pay for child care, and not much more. Very frustrating!

Thanks for the heads-up about weight gain when you add a new food. Since I only weigh weekly, I haven't noticed it. I'll be careful about adding too many new foods at once.
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 171
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Postby Hunnybear » Tue May 23, 2017 7:28 pm

So yesterday was 3 weeks. Hubby is down 9 lbs (add he had quite a bit of beer) and I didn't gain or loose this week. I blame it on all the mosquito bites. We had a bon fire Saturday night and i have probably 15-20 bites. I'm just way to sweet :lol: It has been hot here and I don't do well with the heat, so i'm probably retaining water. We added carrots yesterday, I have really missed them. I had to go thru my totes of clothes that are small, i had to find more shorts, we are going away for a long weekend. Well, i found 2 pair, but i don't really like them, but they will work. really wished more fit. Trying to get food stuff figured out for the weekend, but my mother-in-law will be doing most the cooking, so will do the best I can.

In talking with hubby about adding in healthier foods he asked when we start adding back beer and alcohol...LOL
Hunnybear

Postby Geo » Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm the same with mosquitoes. Mes. Geo never gets bit when she's with me. Like you, I'm just too sweet!

Sorry to read that you didn't lose weight last week. I had a week (week #7), when I actually gained 2-pounds! Right after that, I began losing weight again. Hope you have similar experience.
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 171
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diet Journal