Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Rant about South Beach "nay" sayers

Weight loss and other issues that don't quite fit in anywhere else. Off-topic welcome - just keep it nice!

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Rant about South Beach "nay" sayers

Postby 50/50 girl » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm about 26 days into my journey and I'm already changed in so many ways. And I'm excited and passionate and I TRY not to be too obnoxious about sharing with people ... but I'm like .... "I'm feeling so good right now" I just wanted to shout it to the world. So you share your experience with others and I always get the:

I could never cook that much
The recipes are too hard
I can't live without bread and pasta
No fruit!!!
This is not healthy
You have more time than me
You can't stick with this
Give up alcohol
Etc.....

And I'm like ....

you don't understand. You give up certain things but only for two weeks

You don't understand how life changing this is

I hate to cook ... but I'm starting to enjoy it ... crazy

It's a healthier way of eating

It's a natural way of eating

You just buy normal food

I don't know. I realize everyone needs to find their own path. I tell them to buy the book and actually read it. Cover to cover. It's very eye opening. I just wish I could bring all those I love on board. I really do
4/12/17 ...SW... 209.0
6/7/17 ...... ... 192.6
6/14/17......... 191.4
6/21/17 ..CW... 192.4
..............GW ... 155.0
50/50 girl

Re: Rant about South Beach "nay" sayers

Postby Geo » Wed May 10, 2017 3:03 am

I couldn't agree more! Being on a "diet" that's designed to save your heart, and also results in weight loss, and never leaves you feeling hungry, and changes your taste buds so that food tastes absolutely wonderful, you'd think people would be begging to hear about it. But they are so closed-minded that they wouldn't even consider it. We were in a group this evening, and the talk got around to the SBD. One man who is perhaps 75-pounds overweight said "That diet really works". Well... If he knows it works, why wouldn't he want to do it himself? My only guess is that he has that feeling of "It won't hurt me". I used to tell myself that a lot! Now that I have heart disease, I don't say that anymore!

Let's just keep on, and let people see our success. At some point, they'll really WANT what we have, and do it themselves
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 171
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Postby 50/50 girl » Wed May 10, 2017 4:19 pm

So well said Geo!!!! And you mentioned so many things I didn't! Food REALLY DOES taste so much better!!! So yummy. So much taste in the simple things. And I love how just a few fresh ingredients and a few spices can just "throw a party" in your mouth. I mean - I'm a TOTAL food lover. The taste. The presentation. The ceremony of it. The celebration. The socializing around it. It's so fabulous to be learning how to put it all together in a way that is healthy for me AND tastes good. I shall keep moving forward and hopefully someone will have the courage to jump on board.
4/12/17 ...SW... 209.0
6/7/17 ...... ... 192.6
6/14/17......... 191.4
6/21/17 ..CW... 192.4
..............GW ... 155.0
50/50 girl

Postby Magna » Wed May 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Well said, 50/50 girl and Geo! :D
Male
Magna

Return to General Chat