"World Famous" Peanut Butter Balls
-- PHASE 2-3
**I got this recipe from this site: http://www.peaceofmyheart.net/healthly- ... serts.html
It looks good - there is only a little honey in it - and it might be an easier way to limit the peanut butter [since they are in balls and you can put them away in the freezer!] The original recipe makes 2-3 dozen so I cut it in half to post here. I have not tried them yet b/c I'd like to use oat bran but don't have any right now. My notes are in brackets.
*Makes 1-2 dozen
- 1/2 c. organic peanut butter [use natural]
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. rolled oats or whole grain oat cereal (whirled in a blender if you like finer consistency) -- [I will use oat bran b/c I like the texture better]
- 2 T. fiber crunch cereal -- [I might omit]
- 1-2 T. vanilla or chocolate protein powder [this would be a personal decision to use but can probably omit it or add nonfat dry milk powder instead - just an idea]
- 2 T. raisins, dates, or other dried fruit (optional) -- [I would omit but that's just me]
- 2 T. sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/4 c. organic chocolate chips (optional) -- [bittersweet or semi-sweet - I would use mini chips and probably use less]
Mix all ingredients except the protein powder and knead into a ball. Add the protein powder until the dough is no longer sticky. Roll into quarter-sized balls and place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge or freezer, depending on how hard you like them. Serve plain or on crackers or apple slices.