Besides "bumping" this link up, I thought that I would add my simple recent cauliflower nonrecipe (just add things):
Simple Sauteed Cauliflower & Onions, P1
cauliflower florets, cut into small pieces or slices
chopped onion to taste
In a nonstick pan, add some olive oil (maybe 1 T.).
Add the onions and saute a little, then add the cauliflower.
Saute until just tender (we don't like it overcooked and mushy)
I recently made this for a special dinner and it was good. I only made a small batch--about 1/4 the recipe, and I cut way down on the amount of cheese.
Broccoli Cauliflower Gratin Recipe, P2
(because of bread crumbs)
It could be Phase 1 if you skipped them.
This uses reduced-fat ingredients, but you can use the full-fat variety instead, if preferred.
40 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 10 -12
* 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
* 1 lb fresh cauliflower florets
* 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
* 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
* 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
* 6 green onions, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1/4-1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Steam broccoli and cauliflower flowerets for 6-8 minutes, or until crisp-tender; drain well.
2. Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease a large (at least 4-qt baking dish).
3. Arrange steamed, drained flowerets in prepared baking dish.
4. In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour this over flowerets in the baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and paprika.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden.