Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

A bit weak from phase 1

Have you tried the South Beach Diet? Share your experience here.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

SBD makes me dizzy!!!!

Postby Gitane » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:35 pm

Reading the messages, I see that I am not the only one with this problem. I am on day 3 of P1. I chose this diet to be healthy with the benefit of weight loss. I was expecting some headache, as I had been warned, but not the dizzy spell that comes along as well.
I thought that I was eating fairly well before, but was overdoing it when it comes to beer and coffee.

Anyone can tell me when I can expect these dizzy feelings to stop? Beside this, I have a somewhat headache, but nothing that cramples my style. My energy level is the same.

I have not given up coffee (not decaf), but I have reduced from 4 or 5 cups a day to 2 with splenda. I suspect that I will eliminate this all together eventually cause I truly dislike sugar substitute. I don't have a sweet tooth and find it extremely sweet.
Gitane

nauseated

Postby blue_smiley_eyes » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:52 pm

I'm on day 2 of PI. I've had headaches, which I expected, but I'm also nauseated to the point of putting my head between my knees. After reading all of the above, I realized I needed to eat some beans and I needed to just eat MORE. It's been 5 minutes after a 1/2 cup of beans and I feel more like myself than I have in almost 48 hours.

Concerning caffeine, I drink only decaf. Instead of limiting your coffee to two cups a day, could you continue with the number but do half-caff?
blue_smiley_eyes

Postby SBdietDooD » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:54 am

I just limit myself to a cup of jello with cool whip free and/or a carbsmart creamsicle. Remember, we have a 75 calorie sweets allowance
JOO CAN DO IT!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SBdietDooD

Postby SoccerTra » Thu May 04, 2006 4:39 am

during phase1 i was nauseous and dizzy since pretty much the start. this happened to me the last time i tried SBD and i ended up having to quit- the sight of eggs and cheese was making me sick. i came to realize that my problem was that i was eating too much protein. i was never much of a red meat eater nor did i really eat eggs too often. when i cut back on those and started eating more seafood and veggies i felt a lot better. just another suggestion for those who arent feeling well. it was also good to know i wasnt the only one who got sick
SoccerTra

I have a question for the veteran SBD users

Postby IceMoney696 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:30 am

I am on day 5 of ph. 1 and i have been sick to my stomach. and i have been going to the bathroom alot and not the good kind. i was wondering if maybe i was eating to much meat, or what? can someone please help me?
Ashley
IceMoney696

Postby SoulLips » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:34 am

IceMoney696, if you gave a little more info about your previous eating habits and what you've been eating on SBD, it would help the rest of us try to figure out where the imbalance lies.
Highest weight 307 in July 2003

307/268.5/150
My photos: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344703#344703
SoulLips

Postby Anuk » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10 am

hi!
im new on the beach but ive cheated in phase 1 but still feel evry cranky grumpy and nauseated..my cheats have been to drink 100 cc orange juice and like 3 dairy servings a day
and during my first volleyball practice since i started with the diet i had no strenght at all! it was awful,i felt really sick during the whole 2 hours that my practice lasted
is this always going to be like this ??
i read some of the messages here and i never experienced to be THIS BAD MOOD BEFORE, like really really bad mood...and i wasnt even hungry
does anyone have an explaination for this??
i would really like to chat to someone , does anyone have msn messenger?
ok thanks bye!
Anuk

Diareahh(sp?)

Postby squirrel » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:27 pm

Hello Everyone, am on my 4th day of Phase 1, had a question about very loose stools, in the AM. Yeah, I know, not a very pleasant subject but something I would really like to hear about from others who have been there and done that! I think I am following the Plan correctly, and I would add this tends to happen in the morning after I get off my treadmill. Any ideas?
squirrel

Re: Diareahh(sp?)

Postby luvs_torun » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:30 pm

squirrel wrote:Hello Everyone, am on my 4th day of Phase 1, had a question about very loose stools, in the AM. Yeah, I know, not a very pleasant subject but something I would really like to hear about from others who have been there and done that! I think I am following the Plan correctly, and I would add this tends to happen in the morning after I get off my treadmill. Any ideas?

Squirrel.... here is a thread that may be helpful!

The Scoop on Poop
http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/for ... scoop+poop
5' 6" , 130 , 49 yrs. Started SB 01-2005.
Sprinting (and cycling) enthusiastically along in Phase 3!

"I do not run to add days to my life-----I run to add life to my days."
luvs_torun

Postby squirrel » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:31 pm

Hello again...........
No, that thread really didnt help all that much, (it seemed to be more about constipation rather than loose stools. )I guess I am really just wondering if I should be concerned about this? It only happens 1st thing in the morning. I am a glaucoma patient and use rather strong eye drops (cosopt) every 24 hours to control the pressure in my eyes. Ever since I began using these drops, I've noticed looser stools, and now, with the addition of this food eating plan, the looseness is even more pronounced. I should also add that I am on the T'mill every morning for 30 minutes and that seems to be when the problems occurs, either soon after or within the next hour or so. The rest of the day I am fine. I feel great on this diet and am really looking forward to my first weigh in, on Friday or Saturday.
Should I made any changes in my food intake, any other suggestions?
squirrel

Postby luvs_torun » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:22 pm

"Loose stools" are fairly common. I would say especially in P1, with all the veggies (which are mostly water).
You aren't allowed fruit (banana's are helpful for diarrhea)... and also since you are not allowed "grains"... there is not much there to help "bind" things together...
Make sure you are drinking at least 64 oz. of water daily.

In Phase 2 "things" become more normal.

A quick search tells me that diarrhea can be a rare side effect of Cosopt. If you noticed a problem after using the drops. You may want to consult with your doc.

I am glad to hear you are feeling great otherwise!
5' 6" , 130 , 49 yrs. Started SB 01-2005.
Sprinting (and cycling) enthusiastically along in Phase 3!

"I do not run to add days to my life-----I run to add life to my days."
luvs_torun

Postby ibyprprty » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:06 pm

This forum rocks!

I know this is an old post, but I just started 3 days ago and every day I've had headaches and have been sleepy (I think that may be medicine tho, but not sure.) Now, I have some insight and will start adding some chili, which I LOVEEE, to my diet!

My problem is that I've never really paid attention to foods and food groups, etc. So as strange as this may sound, I have no idea what is a carb, what is protein, etc.etc. :shock: I know, I know...to be 33 and so clueless about something so important, right?
-iby

http://www.gay-marriage-guide.com

- Your complete guide to planning your gay wedding or civil union.

http://www.bbwfordating.com

- Free to post your profile, photos, and even free to FLIRT! For bbw's and bhm's and their admirers!
ibyprprty

Headaches

Postby dlaidlaw » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 pm

I think I had a non-stop headache for the first three or four weeks, and very dizzy too. Nothing seemed to help, but I pressed on. Then, it just went away. I'm still a bit weak with low energy, but I've lost 25 lbs. in 2 1/2 months, so I can't complain. My doctor said that our bodies are changing in so many ways during these initial weeks, the dizziness and headaches are just a part of the transformation as our bodies adjust to the new lifestyle.
dlaidlaw

Postby Kimboroni » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:17 am

ibyprprty wrote:My problem is that I've never really paid attention to foods and food groups, etc. So as strange as this may sound, I have no idea what is a carb, what is protein, etc.etc.

All foods are made up of the three major components (macronutrients): proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.

Proteins mostly come from animal sources, such as beef, chicken, fish, cheese, etc. There is a certain amount of protein in plant sources, but usually not a whole lot. The only non-animal complete protein is the soybean, but you can also get complete proteins by combining plant foods like beans and rice.

Fats come from animal sources or plant sources. We try to minimize the animal fats by choosing the leanest choices of proteins, because the animal fats aren't that heart healthy. Plant fats are good fats for the most part, such as those found in nuts, olives, and avocados. Make sure to add those to your meals on a regular basis.

Carbohydrates are almost exclusively found in plant foods, such as fruits, vegetables, beans/legumes, and grains (the non-plant food exception is dairy, because cow milk contains lactose, a milk sugar). The main four types of carbs are starch, sugar, fiber, and sugar alcohols. All of them are fine, but different plants will have different combinations of those four types of carbs. We focus on the foods that will convert to glucose (the only sugar that your body can use) more slowly, so that it's like a time-release capsule of energy.
My FAQ-- food lists, portion guidelines, etc.

SB since Nov '03
Goal: major weight loss (50+ lbs) & good health
Reached Jan '05!
Kimboroni

Postby ibyprprty » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:06 pm

OMG I had some chili yesterday afternoon and last night was the first time since I started this diet that I went to bed WITHOUT a headache and I woke up WITHOUT a headache!

And I didn't feel starved all day yesterday!!! You guys/gals rock! Thanks!
-iby

http://www.gay-marriage-guide.com

- Your complete guide to planning your gay wedding or civil union.

http://www.bbwfordating.com

- Free to post your profile, photos, and even free to FLIRT! For bbw's and bhm's and their admirers!
ibyprprty

PreviousNext

Return to South Beach Diet experience, success stories, result..