Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

A bit weak from phase 1

Have you tried the South Beach Diet? Share your experience here.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Postby Gabby » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:56 pm

No limit on the veggies. Eat to your heart's (or stomach's) content. Good luck.
Gabby

Postby amber4art » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:26 am

hang in there... eat more protien ... i never did get a headache and im on day 11 now.. i put refied black beans and humus on my veggies..plus a piece of chicken breast and a can of chicken broth.. i cant even eat as much as i could when i started the first week im having a salad with a half of avacodo...two slices of cooked turkey bacon a hard boiled egg on lettuce drizzled with olive oil .. that is my breakfast and lunch.. im on the go all day job training..so i take this in the car... and for my snack after dinner... my 30 pistacios and right before bed..my sugar free jello mixed with knudsen fat free cottage cheese... this is just an ex of what i had today... to compare to.. i have lost so much belly fat..im singing and full of energy ... so please ... just try new foods from the list to see if the headaches will go away... maybee you have a food allergy.. if you werent addicted to caffiene and are off of it now...
another day
another blessing
another pound
amber that artist babe..
amber4art

headaches during P1

Postby SBDinAZ » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:37 pm

Hi All,
I'm on day 6 of P1 and also had day-long headaches the first few days. I even woke up with a whopper of a headache on the 3rd day. I attribute this to a number of things:
* sudden cessation of sugared & processed food in my diet
* caffeine withdrawal
* no starches

To combat the problem I took 2 Advils at regular intervals. On day 3 I took 2 Advils as soon as I woke up. By day 4, the day-long aspect of the headaches had passed entirely, and now on day 6 I am headache free. I think this possibility should be mentioned in the book, or in a revised edition of the book, since it's a distinct possibility and a fairly common occurrence.
Best of luck to all SBeachers!
SBDinAZ

More energy on Day 1

Postby raaeft1 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:06 pm

Today's my first day on Phase 1.

Ealrier I used to feel very tired and lazy.Today, I did not have a nap. I went for a walk with my wife and completed my office work at one go without dilly-dallying.

I am feeling more energetic
raaeft1

Postby LEM1955 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:49 pm

Celery and cucumber have almost no calories. It probably takes more calories to digest them than they provide you. Plus they have wonderful fiber and taste good. Eat as much as you like with no thought to how much is too much. You can't eat too much of either, (unless eating them all the time means you don't eat adequate protein and fat).
Female, 5'1 1/8", 51
Started 3/30/04 139#, 30% body fat.
9/28/05 113#, 17% Phase 3
9/7/06 117#, 20% Phase 3
***The truth dazzles gradually, or else the world would be blind. Emily Dickinson***
LEM1955

Postby BCBG Gal » Wed May 11, 2005 9:31 pm

Hi Muskokabride!
Congrats on staying strong in phase 3! I noticed you started last april and have had great success! How was phase 1 for you? I just started Phase 1 yesterday, starting weight: 170, height: 5'6. I'd like to get down to 145ish..and I'd be SO HAPPY at that weight! I'm getting married mid July so even a 10lb weight loss will be welcomed with open arms! I feel so uncomfortable even sitting in a chair during the day at work! I just can't treat myself to this level of feeling uncomfortable with myself.
How was Phase 1 for you? How much did you lose on Phase 1? Would you recommend staying on Phase 1 for longer than two weeks? Perhaps 4 weeks , then transitioning to Phase 2?

Start Date: May 10, 2005
Mini Goal 1: 160, June 30, 2005
BCBG Gal

Postby *Tara* » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:43 pm

Well, I am glad that I am not the only one. I have had a headache for 4 days, ever since I started SBD. I'll try some of the tips you guys suggested

Started on SBD 12/02/05
*Tara*

Postby SoulLips » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:14 pm

If you're feeling headachy, don't worry about taking a bit of Tylenol or Advil. Enduring even mild pain can drain your energy. Don't forget to drink lots of WATER! Dehydration is probably the number one reason people get headaches. Stick with P1... the discomfort will pass!
Highest weight 307 in July 2003

307/268.5/150
My photos: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344703#344703
SoulLips

Questions about Phase One

Postby Lightwriter » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 am

Hi!

I am on day 3 of PI. I have been weak and don't care a lot for beans. One thing I have tried is to take Hoodia...a diet supplement from the Kalihari desert in Africa that is supposed to help balance glucose in the body. Is that a no-no?

My likes and dislikes is making PI hard for me. I don't care for milk and eat beans rarely. I have been eating lots of salads and lean meat. My problem is breakfast and snacks. I can't eat a lot of eggs due to my sky high cholesterol and hate egg substitute. Ideas? Please make it easy, I don't have a lot of time in the morning.

I appreciate any ideas. I weighed today and have gained a pound since last week. And I took a diuretic this morning (I maintain a lot of fluid in my body due to asthma medicine.) I am swimming and doing deep water aerobics (can't walk or other stuff due to feet and back problems.) And I am drowning myself in water.

And what is up with the cookbook anyway? A lot of the ingredients I can't find in my very rural community.

Help!
Lightwriter

Started PI June 20, 2005
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Lightwriter

Postby SoulLips » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:28 am

My best advice to you lightwriter is to skim through the recipe section for recipes that seem appealing to you. You'll find an amazing array of recipes that range from very simple to rather complex. If you allow a bit of time for "research" I'm sure you'll come up with many new ideas!

307/268.5/150
My photos: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344703#344703
SoulLips

feeling week, lack of energy

Postby Dman » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:09 pm

My wife and I are on day 6, we have lost some weight but thats not what concerns me now. Wife is very week, has no pep and gets jittery. Most of the time its in mid morning. Her snack doesn't seem to help. This started about day 3. Now she's on the verg of her cycle so I dont know if this is the reason or not.
Her breakfast is normaly 2 eggs/ 2 bacon & coffee(1, with non dairy creamer & splenda)

Any suggestions?

Dman
Ive lost 4, shes lost 6
Dman

Postby SoulLips » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:56 pm

Please make sure you and your wife are eating the allowed "good carbs" in milk and beans while on P1. Also make sure that you're both drinking plenty of water and not getting dehydrated! The first time I started P1 was in January of 2004. I was FREEZING all the time... I went to bed with socks and gloves on even though the temperature in the house was very reasonable. I think part of the problem was not eating the allowed good carbs.

307/268.5/150
SoulLips

Re: Weak - are beans the answer?

Postby Technoboggan » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:08 pm

newbies2005 wrote:I'm on day 4 of Phase one and I still have a pounding headache. I'm following the meal plan by the book but I need something to kick up my energy level a bit. The book says we are allowed veggies etc - is there a limit on how much of these we can have? There aren't any specs on how many pieces of celery/cucumber. Does anyone know?

You want a /minimum/ of 4.5 cups of veggies a day. (They recommend 1/2 cup at breakfast (maybe in a quiche or omelette?) and 2 cups each at lunch and dinner). However, that's a minumum! Are you hungry? Down a big glass of ice water, then get yourself a handful of celery sticks and a small wedge of low-fat cheese or maybe some hummus.

The goal here is not to go hungry. It's to cut out the icky white-sugar/white-flour/empty calorie cruddy food and give your body what it needs (a good combination of lean proteins, healthy carbs and fiber (from wholesome vegetables), low-fat calcium and a smattering of healthy (non-trans) fats (you'll get enough from the low-fat dairy and a bit of olive oil/non-trans butter substitute).

From what I'm hearing, it's /way/ better for you to go back for another serving (or two...) of veggies than it is to go hungry. Just make sure you're drinking enough water, too, as sometimes when our body says it's hungry, it's really thirsty! :)
~jess~

SW - 207.5
FG - 155
[/url]
Technoboggan

Re: feeling week, lack of energy

Postby Technoboggan » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:14 pm

Dman wrote:My wife and I are on day 6, we have lost some weight but thats not what concerns me now. Wife is very week, has no pep and gets jittery. Most of the time its in mid morning. Her snack doesn't seem to help. This started about day 3. Now she's on the verg of her cycle so I dont know if this is the reason or not.
Her breakfast is normaly 2 eggs/ 2 bacon & coffee(1, with non dairy creamer & splenda)

Any suggestions?

Dman
Ive lost 4, shes lost 6

She's not eating any veggies with breakfast?

I don't know that it will help for sure, but I'd add a half cup (heck maybe a whole cup) of some sort of veggie (I find that omelettes or scrambled eggs are a great way to incorporate veggies into my breakfast). Maybe even 1/2 c. of beans (lots of good carbs) with her eggs (red kidney beans rinsed, go really nice with an omelette, even though they don't really sound like they will!)

What's her snack? Is she getting some carbs there?

Don't forget, this isn't Atkins. You don't want to cut out all the carbs, or even limit them, just avoid the refined starchy/sugary ones. Veggies are not only okay, they're a necessity!
~jess~

SW - 207.5
FG - 155
[/url]
Technoboggan

thank youfor the info

Postby zuny » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:20 pm

I did not know that the chili would help I will try it. I love this forum it answers a lot of my question.
zuny

PreviousNext

Return to South Beach Diet experience, success stories, result..