Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Eating Habits Before going on SBD

South Beach Diet support and discussion message boards. Need advice? Have question to ask? Post it here so others can share their thoughts.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Eating Habits Before going on SBD

Postby garygr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:55 pm

My wife has always told me that I have an eating disorder (She's not a Doctor)
I'd be interested in members eating habits before they usually go on SBD or any diet for that matter.

I'm 69, retired, no hobbies, and spend way too much time on the sofa watching movies and TV series. I try to do cardio 3-4 days a week for 45 minutes.
Today is day 17 on SBD. Prior to day 17, I would have oatmeal for breakfast with almond milk, soup and one or two sandwiches of almond butter and jelly with fruit, and healthy dinner with vegetables. I would usually have a couple snacks of almonds after lunch.

Dinner was at 6 pm. and everything would go downhill right after dinner. I would be snacking all night with fruit, almond butter and jelly, walnuts, and roasted almonds. Whole Foods has the machines to grind fresh almond butter, and I would go through 3-4 one pound containers a week and a cup of almonds daily for snacks. Almonds and almond butter have been a real problem for me.

I'm a very picky eater and don't like most of the food choices. I can eat almond butter and jelly sandwiches every day and be happy.
I can't bring cake, candy, snacks, or ice cream in the house cause I won't go to sleep until it finished. A half gallon of ice cream won't be there in the morning if purchased the day before.

I'm fortunate to have a Wegman's supermarket near home and their fresh baked bread is really delicious. I only purchase half loaves even though it costs a lot more cause I already know that I can't go to sleep knowing that there is still bread left over.
3-4 almond butter and jelly sandwiches is normal for my eating behavior.

So, now you see where my head is-----really messed up----
garygr

Re: Eating Habits Before going on SBD

Postby Hunnybear » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Weight loss is a two steps forward, 1 step back, but forward progress is good. That's good that you know you can't have certain things in the house, there's a lot of people who can't admit that it is a problem.

Have you tried starting a journal on here? I find that really helpful in tracking what I have eaten and helps keep me accountable to myself. I need to be better about tracking lately, but it is nice to look back and see how far I've come. Plus if there was something that tasted good, I can look back and find what it was!!!
start: 5/1/17
Hunnybear

Postby Geo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:40 am

Hi garygr,

I posted my answer to a similar post you made on my journal. Thank you for asking. I hadn't really thought about being addicted to food, but I suspect that I was addicted to sugars! Now that I see how difficult it was to eat low carb, and only good carbs, and know how harmful the bad carbs are for me, it scares me to ever go back to sweets again!

The bread is something that I still don't eat. I think that the SBD allows some quantity of WW bread in P2. You might try getting some WW bread with lots of seeds. Trying to limit it to one slice would be difficult for me too! As to the jelly... Have you tried SF jelly? I used it in a recipe, and it was quite good. Haven't eaten it plain though.

Best wishes. You can overcome!!!
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 169
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Postby garygr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:19 am

Hi Geo:

I only purchase the healthy 7 grain 100% whole wheat from Wegmans or Sourdough. Both have only a few ingredients. My problem is that I buy a half loaf and eat the whole thing before the day is over. I also buy the Marathon bread from Wegmans, and that has all healthy seeds and nuts.
I've tried many sugar free jellies but threw them all out.

I'm not going to start with bread on SBD. I know that I won't be able to handle it.
garygr

Postby Geo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:16 pm

garygr wrote:Hi Geo:

I only purchase the healthy 7 grain 100% whole wheat from Wegmans or Sourdough. Both have only a few ingredients. My problem is that I buy a half loaf and eat the whole thing before the day is over. I also buy the Marathon bread from Wegmans, and that has all healthy seeds and nuts.
I've tried many sugar free jellies but threw them all out.

I'm not going to start with bread on SBD. I know that I won't be able to handle it.

I'm glad you're staying away from the bread. Sounds like it is very difficult to stop eating that once you start. I have the same concerns, so I've not added ANY bread yet.
Sorry the sf jellies didn't taste good enough for you. I would have thought the peanut butter would cover up any different taste from the jelly. That's a bummer, but hang in there. You're doing well.
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 169
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Return to South Beach Diet