Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Am I doing phase 2 wrong?

South Beach Diet support and discussion message boards. Need advice? Have question to ask? Post it here so others can share their thoughts.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Am I doing phase 2 wrong?

Postby Zoerenae55 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm a 17 year old girl who's about 5'3, i weighed 120-121 pounds when I started this diet. I only wanted to lose 5 pounds before the summer so I could feel a bit better about myself. I did phase 1 for four days and lost 2 pounds within two days. I felt depleted of energy even on the fourth day so I started phase 2. For breakfast & I had strictly protein, snacks I had string cheese and a small pack of almonds. Nothing different the day of phase 2. For dinner I had made a 100% whole wheat pizza crust with low fat cheeses and small bits of fat free ham. I enjoyed two slices as this was my only carb for the day. This is where I think I had messed up. I had gone out with my other young friends (who eat whatever they want) and they insisted we try a new sushi place. I had two sushi rolls with no rice, just seaweed, bits of avocado and tuna. I only dipped it in a little of soy sauce. I felt awfully bloated after I ate this. I tried to drink a few bottles of water after but still felt crappy. My dessert were 3 strawberries. I knew I messed up when I looked at the scale. I was 118.8 and now I'm 119.4. What am i doing wrong? Was it just the sodium in the sushi? For breakfast I had a homemade whole wheat bran muffin and 4 pieces of turkey bacon. Was this okay? Should I go back to phase 1?
Zoerenae55

Re: Am I doing phase 2 wrong?

Postby Magna » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Just reading your post, I'm not sure about several things. Did your doctor recommend this eating plan, or does he/she at least know you are on it? I ask because the book recommends that teenagers start in phase 2 if they're going to do SBD at all. Also, based on your weight and height, it doesn't seem to me that you're overweight.

Second, I can't tell what you are eating, but it doesn't sound like the usual SBD menu. Are you eating lots of vegetables? If you posted a sample menu, someone might be able to give you some suggestions.

Also, fluctuations in weight are very normal for everyone. A person's weight on the scale changes for all kinds of reasons, even over the course of one day. I don't know anything about what would cause bloating. Trying to control your weight within fractions of a pound will always lead to frustration.

Be sure you are talking with your doctor about your eating plans. He or she really knows you best and can give you specific advice that's right for you. I hope that helps! :)
Male
Magna

Re: Am I doing phase 2 wrong?

Postby Geo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:15 pm

I agree with Magna about our weight varying over the course of the day. If you have doubts, weigh yourself before and after a shower or bath. Don't get your hair wet, and be sure to dry yourself thoroughly. I'm confident that you'll gain weight in the process of showering/bathing. That can be very disheartening to someone watching the scale to often. As I understand it, the SBD is a long-term program, and won't have a lasting effect if only used for a few days. If you and your doctor decide you should stay on SBD, I'd suggest that you weigh yourself once each week, and make sure it is at the same time every time, and that you have the same clothes on.

Best wishes
SD: 3/13/17
Triglycerides: 541
Cholesterol: 305

Progress:
3/13/17 SW 200
3/20/17 ...... 195
3/27/17 ...... 191
4/3/17 ....... 188
4/10/17 ...... 187
4/17/17 ...... 185
4/25/17 ...... 183