Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Hey, where are you JAN. BEACH BUDDIES of 1/19 ?????

Second phase of South Beach Diet

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Hey, where are you JAN. BEACH BUDDIES of 1/19 ?????

Postby liebly » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I am afraid to weigh myself. It is too depressing. I can tell by my clothes. I am just SO SHOCKED at myself. If I have another surgery; I won't be standing up to COOK anymore- so that will be out the window! We did get a new stove last month after 20 years; so that's fun and an incentive kind of- since the burners actually light and it's level! I cannot get over the fact that I have a closet FULL OF CLOTHES that DO NOT FIT! Do you know HOW GOOD I FELT for a YEAR??? I felt GREAT, even though my foot sucked. This REALLY sucks. I hate it so much. It's ALL in the MIDDLE. GUT BUTT AND HIPS-- hence nothing fitting.
Wasn't this an uplifting note?? :lol:
SW: 153
NSD: 1/19/ 2009 138
4/11/10 131.5
9/11-Clothes don't fit- I'm a HOG again! 135
CW: 122 (2/9/14)
Goal 1: To actually feel HEALTHY. My # is great; I have no muscle tone due to numerous medical issues.
Goal 2: Help my husband lost #20.
liebly

Postby Maralian » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

Hey! I also got a new stove recently! I was tired of my old electric one and was dreaming about having a gas range, man I love it! I feel motivated to cook but days like yesterday it is just not possible, I came home pretty late. Luckily I had some leftovers but nothing is left for today so I will have no choice!
I hear you about the closet full of clothes that don't fit, I keep wearing the same pants over and over!
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
First GW 146lbs Reached: 2/20/12
Second GW 140lbs Reached:
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 am

I just want to share with you what I posted in my journal:
I am kind of proud of my cheat today! :shock: I didn't have time for breakfast and I didn't even have ripe bananas at home so I went to work on an empty stomach. Once at work I went to the cafeteria where they sell kgl cereal but they didn't have it today, so I went to the vending machine and I got a bag of chips ahoy... I looked at the label and the bag contained 3 servings of 4 cookies. In the past, I would have eaten it all but today I managed to eat only one portion of 4 cookies, this is huge for me! by all means not a good breakfast choice but I feel proud to have stopped at 4 and I went on with my day eating super beachy! :D
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby liebly » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:02 pm

That's awesome! I don't think you should consider it cheating. I think you should consider it living and you made a good choice....something we have really need to do more times than not to be successful. I think cheating leads to more meals or days in a row of it and then here we are again...not us, but society. If everyone could do what you just did- we would all be healthier Americans!! Some chick in the grocery store stopped me the other day to compliment me on my purse...she couldn't stop! But then she kept going on about how she couldn't afford a new one.....and how expensive pop is because she and her husband both drink different kinds. I started to say...well, you could start a purse fund (as my purse was NOT the $200 one she wanted)...as she is reaching for the Lays. I say, I really didn't MEAN TO but it just came OUT.... now look at what you are putting in your cart, which was empty, sugar filled pop and potato chips, and she was CLEARLY not the picture of health. She had heart disease and diabetes written all over her. I said why don't you save yourself a bunch of money (purse fund) and gain some health by going over to the produce department and purchasing some kale, tearing it in pieces, drizzle a LITTLE olive oil and sea salt on it, bake at 375 for 10-15 min? I said you'll be thanking me!!! She giggled and said she couldn't afford any today; but she also left without pop and chips!
4/11/10 131.5
Goal 1: To actually feel HEALTHY. My # is great; I have no muscle tone due to numerous medical issues.
liebly

Postby Maralian » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:40 pm

You made me laugh with your supermarket story! And you are so right! It is funny but when I buy beachy food, I feel "proud" of my cart :lol: especially when I compare to most people, it would be great that my cart was the norm (for everybody and for myself all the time) but junk food is everywhere and so addictive!

This weekend I started pretty good but ended up eating a little bit too much, not a lot of junk but a lot of food overall. At least I managed to lose 1 pound and I am now at my starting weight of my first time at the beach: 148lbs
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 am

I had a terrible week and I realized that I didn't follow the SB plan right from the beginning. I mean, I followed a couple of days phase 1 and then I jumped too quick into phase 2. The result was terrible and I've been eating really bad with all the cravings back full force, so I decided to start phase 1 again a follow it the 2 full weeks, otherwise this is not going to work! I already cooked a lot for the first week so I am ready, but I just need this to work so bad!
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Magna » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Depending on how badly you were eating and for how long, you may not need to do a full 2 weeks on phase 1. The only reason to go back to phase 1 would be to get the cravings under control. If that's accomplished, you should move back to phase 2.

Btw, for everyone who may be reading this, we don't mention it all the time but be sure you are discussing SBD and your eating plans with your doctor. That's important in case there's something you need to do differently (for example, start in phase 2, or modify SBD in some way), or something your doctor might need to do differently (for example, change your medication). There are other reasons, too. One other reason is to let your doctor know you're working to take care of yourself. I think doctors hear mostly excuses and bad news about people's eating habits, and it's got to be encouraging for them to hear some good news too. :)
Male
Magna

Postby Maralian » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks Magna :D
It is definitely to get rid of my cravings that I need to restart, actually to start right because I followed SB 2 years ago and I was too confident that one or two days phase 1 would be enough. I proved myself wrong: I started about 4 weeks ago and after about only 2 weeks I could not handle my cravings at all. Another mistake I think is that I moved too quick adding fruits and grains instead of transitioning. Maybe that would have been enough but I don’t want to take any chances anymore. So I guess, this is the real new start!

Today I’ve been ok, I was not hungry in the morning so I skipped snack, but after lunch I’ve been feeling hungrier than usual so I had 2 snacks already (one was pistachios and the other some ham with cheese). Tomorrow I will have to bring more good choices like veggies, or wraps. I got several SB cooking books from the library so I hope to find some appealing and easy recipes to “survive” phase 1.
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:11 pm

I am still here Margot! I finished week 1 of phase 1 and I lost 5.5lbs, it is really amazing! Now I feel ready to start transitioning into phase 2 by adding only fruit and next week I start with the grains/starches that are my biggest challenges! How are you doing?
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Where are you Margot????
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Well, I was doing fantastic! All in control of my food and cravings and then I started to eat candy like it was the only thing left on Earth, then the cookies, then the chips, etc. I got really sad and mad at myself. I wish I had more willpower... and of course I avoided the board feeling ashamed. But now I think I will give me another chance to keep trying. This is such a huge challenge, it shouldn't be, we are talking about my own health and well being. I will keep posting on my journal, I know that helps. I wish you were back Beach Buddies of 1/19!
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby liebly » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Anyone back??? It will be January 19 before you know it?????
I am recovering my hopefully my LAST foot surgery this time!!!! Had it on DEC 5. It was a DOOZY.
Before I go on, I want to know if you are here!!!
4/11/10 131.5
liebly

Postby Maralian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi Liebly! I am back, I was just thinking about our anniversary too! I can't believe it's been almost 3 years! Last time I started at 148lbs and now I am at 151lbs :oops: Terrible! but I won't give up!
I hope you have a complete recovery soon and that you stop having issues with your feet, I send you cyber hugs!!! Take care.
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Beaching It » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Congratulations for still being here!!!! Just think if you weren't... what you'd weigh!! :mrgreen:
Highest weight - 185
CW - 144.1
Goal 1 - 140 by cruise November 2014
Beaching It

Postby liebly » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Maralian....
Greetings- thanks for the bump! I was never good at the journal; but it did link me to Suzzi's which is fantastic. My husband feels like a hog too; so we are both ready to do something. I am going to get a blood test today or tomorrow for gluten intolerance just to see if not eating it would alleviate some of the pains I seem to have chronically developed. Hence, I've been reading a lot about it. I have a SIL who has Celiac Disease big time. I always thought that meant extremely healthy eating. Wow, was I wrong. They add all kinds of white stuff in I haven't eaten in years. IF you do it the healthy way, it can be VERY healthy; it the bread choices that would KILL me and pasta.

Anyway, are you on the BEACH yet???? Let me know, because we are ready. I am actually in PAIN as I am typing this. That is PAINFUL to say!
Six months of sitting will do that! I did buy a pair of shoes yesterday; so that's a start. About to start 2 months of PT. I have to be able to walk better and I have DROP at least 5 pounds first or I will BUST!!!!!!!!

MAKE CONTACT!!!!!
4/11/10 131.5
liebly

PreviousNext

Return to Phase 2 Discussion