Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Hey, where are you JAN. BEACH BUDDIES of 1/19 ?????

Second phase of South Beach Diet

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Hey, where are you JAN. BEACH BUDDIES of 1/19 ?????

Postby liebly » Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 am

MARALIAN.....

It is MONDAY...and you did NOT WEIGH IN...or at least you didn't POST IT nor have you BEEN HERE!!!!
NO MORE OF THAT LADIES!!!! We must COMMIT! It's the only any of us will see results.

Speaking of which- wow did I make a killer dinner!
I am all about using the same pan over and over so I only have to wash one- so if it sounds busy, its because of that!
I was kind of cleaning out my fridge at the same time/using up veggies that were about to get old.

In my biggest POT:

First:
Cooked half thinly sliced onion in olive oil
added some minced garlic
added asparagus
added basalmic vinegar
Let it really caramelize

EMPTY POT

Next:
Sliced in half moons those Turkey Spinach Asiago Sausages from Sams and threw them in them in pot.
Caramelize like crazy.
Add garlic
Add pesto (you have NO idea this GOOD is!)
Add a few handfuls of bagged cole slaw and cook down.
Add a lg container LF cottage cheese
Stir in the WW rotini I made yesterday.
I was cooking for my kids (this part of the meal anyway (so I chopped up a few cheese sticks and threw them in; as I had a lack of cheese in the first place.)
Added 1 container LS pasta sauce; top with parm/ cheese or whatever you want or your kids will eat!

I FORGOT TO SAY:
I put it all in a 9x13 pan and baked it until the cheese got all crunchy. It was so good because you couldn't tell the cabbage was in there and what a great way to eat veggies. My 17 year old ate half the pan, I bet.....He would have NEVER eaten that had he known!!! Only problem- no leftovers :(

I made a Divine salad too but I am falling asleep and will have to post tomorrow!
Last edited by liebly on Tue May 10, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW: 153
NSD: 1/19/ 2009 138
4/11/10 131.5
9/11-Clothes don't fit- I'm a HOG again! 135
CW: 122 (2/9/14)
Goal 1: To actually feel HEALTHY. My # is great; I have no muscle tone due to numerous medical issues.
Goal 2: Help my husband lost #20.
liebly

Postby Magna » Tue May 10, 2011 3:14 am

As soon as you have a name for this, you might want to post it in the recipe area. :)
Male
Magna

Postby Maralian » Tue May 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey Judi! welcome back! Liebly I was in the forum yesterday but just posted in my journal. I did weighed in, and I am still at the same weight, no loss this week but I ate really bad this weekend so no surprises there. I am feeling good though, back in the program. BTW, thanks for sharing your recipes, sound really yummy! I bought a whole cabbage so I may try to incorporate it in some dishes like you do.
Yesterday we grilled burgers, the weather was perfect and since I am oficially on phase 2 I could enjoy it in a WW bun. We also grilled some veggies: mushrooms, onions, zucchini and red bell pepper cut in squares (not too small so they stay crunchy), tossed with olive oil, garlic and soy sauce and then grilled in a dish with holes (I don't know the name but they are perfect for grilling veggies and small things like shrimp). Delicious!
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
First GW 146lbs Reached: 2/20/12
Second GW 140lbs Reached:
Maralian

Postby liebly » Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 am

SALAD FROM THE OTHER NIGHT:

About 3/4 C fresh Cilantro
Squeeze of fresh of lemon
Several handfuls of Cole slaw mix
A few leaves of ribbon sliced romaine
Few handfuls of fresh pea pods
Chopped red onion
Chopped scallions
Thinly sliced celery
Chopped Mango
Squeeze of Lime Juice all over and Zest

Dressing (not totally Beach, but close enough for me)
Red Chili Flakes
A whole lime/juice/zest
2 T Peanut Drsg (in Asian Isle)
2 T Chile Sauce (in Asian Isle)
Rice Vinegar..to taste and how thin/thick you like your dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste

It didn't make much dressing...but it really wilts down the salad which made a MIXING BOWL full! I don't like soggy salad; so I prefer them rather DRY....
4/11/10 131.5
Goal 1: To actually feel HEALTHY. My # is great; I have no muscle tone due to numerous medical issues.
liebly

Postby Maralian » Wed May 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks for the recipe Liebly, you are really creative!

Tonight I think I am going to prepare pork with swiss chard from the book. I say I think because I need to double check the ingredients, I hope I have everything. I also have the cabbage so I may try your idea to mix it with the pasta!

I am doing pretty good, some dizziness yesterday, I tend to have low blood pressure so I don’t know if it is that or the new woe. I’ll make sure to add more beans again since after P1 I stopped eating them with my miniquiche for breakfast.

How are you doing about exercise? I remember you were having issues with your foot, how is it going?
I joined an outdoor workout training. It is just for 4 weeks twice a week during my lunch hour. It is tough to squeeze it because of the commuting time but I manage to get an extended hour. I am half way through and I love it! It really helps me to have someone to guide me and motivate me but I cannot afford a personal trainer. I am a little worried when this is over that I will stop exercising again. I am starting to play tennis again so I hope to get to know players available in the evenings and weekends to play at least once a week.
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby liebly » Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Oh the dreaded Foot.....
Was getting a handle on things this winter; and low and behold on Mother's Day I got an infection and it hurts LIKE CRAZY and I still need ANOTHER SURGERY and so you get the idea....BAD TOPIC!!!

SO- NO...I am NOT exercising :(
4/11/10 131.5
liebly

Postby Maralian » Thu May 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Sorry about your foot! It seems that it is the never ending story *hugs* :(
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm

The weekend is here and I hope to survive with good choices, weekends are so hard for me! How do you manage to eat well during the weekends?

Tonight we are going to the movies! and I will have some popcorn but will try to control my portions. Also, I will eat diner beforehand so I won't be hungry.

I'll report my weight on Monday, how are you doing? are your clothes fitting again?
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby liebly » Sat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm

I agree about weekends- they are hard. They only time I tend to do well on them is when I cook a lot on Sunday for the week. Or at least CHOP a lot of veggies. Our Farmers Market just opened so I am running down there right now to see if they have anything. It is supposed to rain ALL week starting today which does not help matters any. Tend to munch out of the doldrums! I tried on all my clothes from last summer yesterday because it was hot. They were all too tight in the butt and gut...muffin top! GAG! An obvious lack of exercise. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you weigh if you're all squishy and out of shape.

Signed-
Pillsbury Dough Woman!
4/11/10 131.5
liebly

Postby Maralian » Mon May 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey Liebly (or PDM, lol!) Are you at 125lbs? :shock: WOW girl, you are amazing, good for you! You got me inspired now! My lowest in 2009 was 128 and it was tough! That’s weird that you don’t fit on last summer’s clothes. Of course I don’t fit in mine but that’s not surprising at all.

Thanks for the reminder about the Farmers Market, I will check it out here but we are the same about the weather, it has been raining so much and it is so cold again…. I am kind of fed up with the weather this year…

Today I weighed at 144lbs, so 1 pound lost this week! I did really good in the weekend, I managed to stay beachy! and that feels good! :D
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby liebly » Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 pm

It is so easy to creep back up close to 130 its not funny. I donated ALL my clothes 2 sizes up. I did save some size 8S jeans because I float up there occ. I have to tightn up the flab. Do you have Hungry Girl 123? It has great recipes and I use it often esp this time of year. OK off to get some groceries in the freezing cold!
4/11/10 131.5
liebly

Postby Maralian » Tue May 17, 2011 3:55 pm

What is that Hungry Girl 123? I never heard of it.

I know what you mean about the clothes, I also got rid of most of my size 10 clothes and now I have very limited options, especially for the summer but I hope I will be able to wear them at least part of the summer. Since the pants I’ve been wearing are getting looser, I tried again a couple of smaller size skirts and pants and while I could not wear them yet, at least I was able to zip them up, although I would explode on them during the day LOL . But it got me motivated compared to 4 weeks ago when I was not even able to button them.

I am with you with the muffin top, my main issue is my belly so I guess some exercise for the abs would not hurt, are you able to work on that? we could try to motivate each other!
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Fri May 20, 2011 5:16 pm

I found the hungry girl 1-2-3 at the library and I put it on hold, hopefully I can get it soon to start looking at new recipes, thanks for the advice! :D

The weekend is almost here and I don't have a plan yet, but I hope to spend a fair amount of time cooking on Sunday. Like that I can eat well while cooking for the rest of the week!

Sooooo, are you affraid of my abs challege? :twisted:
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby Maralian » Mon May 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Hellooooooo!, anybody there???????

My Monday report: still at 144 but feeling good. :D
SW 151lbs (1/16/12)
Maralian

Postby liebly » Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 am

Crap.... I just typed a whole post hit a button and it went away!!! ARGH!+
Yes! I am here! Just been going through some medical crap that sucked and hurt :cry: :cry: (all stupid FOOT related!)...but I am not going to leave you and I AM going to support your muffin top exit strategy :P

Still 125 but my clothes do NOT fit the same as last year at all.

Saw another really cool cookbook at Sams yesterday....Better Homes and Gardens - Garden Fresh. It is excellent!!

liebly!
4/11/10 131.5
liebly

PreviousNext

Return to Phase 2 Discussion