Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Biggest Loser Challengers

Anything related to exercise here.

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Re: Biggest Loser Challengers

Postby isa-cristina » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks Celtic! today, I was planning on heading to the gym, but their daycare doesn't open on Sundays and they will be closed tomorrow :x I do have an Elliptical in the house that my husband bought for me 2 past Christmas, but it's collecting dust in the garage. I'm going to tell DH when he returns next week to move it inside (it's too cold in the garage) and yes I need to get me some DVDs or another fitness CD for the WII.
Isa
------
SW: 209lb 02/11/13
Mini GW1: 199lb
Mini GW2: 180lb
Mini GW3: 169lb
Goal Weight: 150lb
isa-cristina

Postby CelticGem » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:54 am

Hello Losers,

Sure has been quiet around here this weekend. I'm happy to report that I accomplished my 10,000 steps yesterday which included 3 miles with LS.
Today I also completed my 10,000 steps which included 2 miles with LS.

Hope you are all doing great :D
CelticGem

New Beginning - Jan 5th, 2010
CelticGem

Postby CelticGem » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Good morning losers,

Well yesterday was a bit of a challenge for me on the exercise front but a challenge that I overcame. When I got home from the office I had only done half of my steps. What I really wanted to do was curl up on the couch but there was no way that I was going to not accomplish my 10,000. So LS and I did a little over 2 miles.

Really feels good when you have to push yourself to do something and you succeed. :)
CelticGem

CelticGem

Postby isa-cristina » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Good for you Celtic!

I didn't do any exercise yesterday, but I spend all morning cleaning and moving stuff in the garage. This morning, I went to the gym and did 30m in the Arc Trainer (sweat like a monkey :D ) did a couple of weight machines, walk 1 mile, 80 push ups, 107 squats, and 120 sit ups. phew, no wonder I'm so tired but feeling good :D
Isa
------
SW: 209lb 02/11/13
Mini GW1: 199lb
Mini GW2: 180lb
Mini GW3: 169lb
Goal Weight: 150lb
isa-cristina

Postby CelticGem » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 am

Nice job Isa... just reading what you do makes me tired :)

Well the worst thing that could happen to me happened...my pedometer broke...lol I do have another but the battery is dead and of course the battery from the broken one doesn't fit the other one. Anyway...new battery on the way so I will be up and running again tomorrow.

Taking a day off :)
CelticGem

CelticGem

Postby pamcakes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 am

Go Isa and Celtic!

Isa - wow, just reading about 120 sit ups makes me hurt! I've been doing them in 10 per set, and can only do up to 50.

Hope you get your new battery soon, Celtic!

Although I haven't been posting (computer issues), I have been going to the gym :) As usual, 30 min HIIT and 20 min arm weights, but today I walked for an extra 30 min. Whew, I'm tired! :)

Have an awesome Thursday!
SW: 225 (Jan 5, 2010)
CW: 195 (Nov 1, 2010)
pamcakes

Postby CelticGem » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Good morning active losers,

So good to hear from you Pamcakes. I don't think I got your weigh in this week.

So I did get a new battery so I was able to wear it all day yesterday but unfortunately it is not as sensitive as my old one and I don't think it was registering every step. I'm going to try it again today and see what happens. If it doesn't work today then I will have to get myself a new one. I've become quite dependent on it. I worked out with my fit friends yesterday. We did PS90X and worked on arms then added some ab ripping. When I got home I walked one mile with L.S. I'm not sore at all today so I think I have to add more weights to my workout.

Keep on moving losers...we may be a small group but we are mighty :)
CelticGem

CelticGem

Postby boston*girl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Briskly walked 2 miles today. Gym tomorrow, first Zumba class on Saturday and a yoga class on Sunday. I'm trying to get it in :roll:
boston*girl
started 1/4/10
5'7"
sw - 200
cw - 197
gw - 160
boston*girl

Postby CelticGem » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Sounds great Boston...good for you

I walked 5 miles with L.S today. I think I might even be getting use to the new pedometer.
CelticGem

CelticGem

Postby Vb_Seattle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 am

Hi Losers,

I am back to report on my exercise this past week...
Last week, I went to the gym thrice, this week I have been to the gym twice and will hopefully going tomorrow...
Been doing a lot of upper body weights (My fat resides in my core) since 3 weeks..
These past couple of days, I actually felt the bones in my shoulder rounds - dunno what muscles they are, but it sure feels good to feel bone/muscle and not fat..
That is really encouraging me to focus more on my abs now..adding either a machine or 2-3 sets every week...
I think I have now added in all the ab machines in the gym, so will concentrate on doing additional sets of reps.

Have a good weekend all, and CelticGem, hope the new pedometer is working out for you :-)
5' 6", Mini Goal = 133lbs
Vb_Seattle

Postby CelticGem » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:11 pm

VB
That is excellent news about your bones :) Exercise is definitely the way to go. I think I might even be a little obsessed now, well at least in comparison to the old me :) My pedometer is so holding me accountable. I quickly learned that it was much more efficient to add exercise to get my steps in than it was not to. I can't fathom not reaching my 10,000 steps/day. I love it!

I thought I'd get my exercise out of the way early today. On Fridays my routine is to do L.S. toning walk which is 2 miles. Really focuses on the legs which is a good follow up to the arm workout I did on Wednesday. Still have a lot of steps to get in before I bed my head but it shall be done and it is early in the day.

I've meaning meaning to share a website with you all. It is prevention.com and you can track your weight, food, and exercise on it. I don't track my food but I like that it creates reports (graphs) based on the information that you input. What I found really exciting is that I have also set up a goal for my weight loss with a date that I would like to accomplish it by. The graph shows me how I am doing in comparison to my goal. I'm way ahead of it and it helps me to keep motivated.

Let me know what you think of it (if you decide to check it out :)
CelticGem

CelticGem

Postby pamcakes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Celtic, once again I have to say that you are such a source of new information and positive support :) I have yet to use the charts, but I'm liking the site so far - especially the articles on both the Biggest Loser and SB.

As my schedule is rather pressed today, I only had time to do 25 min HIIT and arm weights at the gym. Nonetheless, I will aim to do sit ups and other stretches later tonight.

Happy Friday, all!
SW: 225 (Jan 5, 2010)
CW: 195 (Nov 1, 2010)
pamcakes

Postby CelticGem » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks Pamcakes, when I really like something life a site etc...I figure others might too, so I like to share it.

I like that you still exercise when you are pressed for time. So many, use time as an excuse not to exercise. The key is to make it a priority and you clearly are doing that.

I walked 4 miles with L.S yesterday. Doing a new DVD which incorporates running. I'm going to work my way up to jogging one mile. Sounds like an fairly easy task but not for me.

Time for me to turn up the exercise...weigh in around the corner. :D
CelticGem

CelticGem

Postby boston*girl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 am

I went to Zumba class on Saturday and then walked a bit. Today, I was dressed for yoga class, but both friends canceled on me, so I ended up watching football. Oops. I definitely need to step up the exercise - I feel so much better when I do it and my energy levels really increase. I've got my gym bag packed for tomorrow - so NO EXCUSES!
boston*girl
started 1/4/10
5'7"
sw - 200
cw - 197
gw - 160
boston*girl

Postby CelticGem » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 am

4 boosted miles with LS today. I'm not going to report my steps anymore because it is a daily occurrence. Going to do the 4 boosted miles again tomorrow to prep for Weigh in day.

Zumba away boston...if that is what I think it is then it is quite the workout.
CelticGem

CelticGem

PreviousNext

Return to Fitness and Exercise Forum