Diet Alternative- Proactol Plus (Ads) | Home :: South Beach Diet | Food List | Recipes | Related Books and Grocery Shopping (Amazon)

Impact of 8 weeks SBD on lipids & cholesterol

Health or medical issues related to SB Diet

Moderators: KristyW, Magna, Kimboroni

Impact of 8 weeks SBD on lipids & cholesterol

Postby Geo » Sun May 14, 2017 2:26 am

After having TERRIBLE results from my last blood chemistry, I began the SBD. Today I read the results of my blood tests after 8-weeks on the SBD. The results can be summarized in a note from my cardiologist. Here it is..

"Good morning,

The blood work looks much better,The cholesterol has significantly dropped from 305 >150, your triglycerides have also gone from 541>101, please continue your present medications

If you have any other questions please let me know,

Regards"

My physician would say that these results are affected by the statin drug he prescribed, but I've taken statins before, and found no significant improvement in blood chemistry. I'm convinced that by far, the greatest impact was from the SBD. To test the validity of my conclusion, I plan to tell my Dr. at my next appointment, that I'm going to stop taking the statin drug, and have him decide when to check my blood again. If I'm right, the results won't change much from the improved levels that I currently have. After I get results from that blood test, I'll post them here for all to see!

Thank You Dr. Agatston, for saving my life!
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 169
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Re: Impact of 8 weeks SBD on lipids & cholesterol

Postby Magna » Mon May 22, 2017 1:17 am

Terrific results! Congratulations on the great improvements.
Male
Magna

Re: Impact of 8 weeks SBD on lipids & cholesterolter

Postby Geo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:01 pm

At my age(69), and with heart disease, I go to my cardiologist twice/year, and my general practioniter every 4-months! Today was my day to see my general practioner. A nursing assstant took my weight, and took me to an exam room where she checked blood pressure & pulse. As she began entering info into my computer record, she asked for my birth date. She then asked me to spell my name, and asked for my address. She then asked if I had lost weight! She thought she had pulled-up the wrong record! She asked what I had done to lose so much weight, and I told her about the SBD.

Next to enter the rom was a nursing student. After reviewing my record and the results of my latest bloodwork, she too asked what I had done to effect such an improvement in my weight and bloodwork. When I told her about the SBD, she said that she would "love to have blood numbers like that"!

When the Dr. came in, he too asked how this change had been made. But even though he was impressed by my results, he wouldn't allow me to stop taking the statin drug. His comment was that "studies have shown that statin drugs are effective at extending the lives of people with heart disease". BUMMER! I really wanted to stop the statin drug!

Here's my take-away from this, and why I'm sharing this info...
1) It makes sense to eat according to the SBD. Even though there are some times when it's more convenient to eat junk food, eating according to the SBD makes a huge difference in blood chemistry.
2) I hope others will read this, and try the SBD before they get heart disease. By the time you reach my age, you'll be glad you did it!
SD = 3/13/17
Weight 200 => 169
Triglycerides 541 => 101
Cholesterol 305 => 150
Geo

Return to Health and Medical Issues